Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Anyone see the pictures doing the rounds of Healy park being lined out a metre or ten narrower  ::)

Goals_Will_Come

1 N Morgan
2 M McKernan
3 R McNamee
4 HP McGeary
5 T McCann
6 F Burns
7 P Harte
8 C Cavanagh
9 P Hampsey
10 M Donnelly
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey

16 M O'Neill
17 M Bradley
18 L Brennan
19 R Brennan
20 H Loughran
21 C McCann
22 D McClure
23 A McCrory
24 K McGeary
25 P McNulty
26 R O'Neill

GaelTheGael

Be very pessimistic with Hugh Pat McGeary going up against any of the Dublin forwards. Thought Rory Brennan was a tailor made replacement. However until 6:55 you would never know who would be taking to the field.

Aaron Boone

It would be a shame to come down to a Ballybofey showdown and then whimper out.

A Roscommon win on Sat would be golden.

ose 14

lot of hype lads tyrone were beaten well by an average monaghan not 6 weeks ago. where do we think a dublin team who could have scored six against the ulster champions will come a cropper?. tyrone have a serious lack of pace around the middle and in defence. mcgeary v mannion and burns v o callaghan are 2 worrying matchups for me. rory breenan hasnt played enough either he was brought on last year in the second half and gavin brought mcmannaman immediately on to expose his lack of a yard . colm cavnagh will be pushed back to sweep and will be exposed again down the wings through pace. mickey is saying hes learned but to do that you have to admit fallability in the first place 1-13-1 might morph into 1-14-0. mickey will hope tyrone are competitive and if he gets away with a less than 6 point defeat he will have won the naysayers over. england even wore tyrone jerseys against croatia lads the hype is similar.

Redhand Santa

I would read very little into the Monaghan game. Tyrone had 3 key players starting that game that weren't fit. And I'm convinced overall fitness levels were no where near what they are now. Harte obviously wanted to win ulster but he took a calculated risk that they could do it not at 100% per cent fitness levels. We looked flat by the time the All Ireland semi final came around last year and I think we've tried to learn from that. Even in the Meath game Tyrone looked off the pace and it's only in the last few weeks that the energy levels have really lifted. It doesn't mean we'll win tomorrow night but I wouldn't be predicting the game based on the Monaghan match.

It's great to have such a big game coming to Omagh and let's hope the lads go out and give a good account of themselves. This team has been building now for a few years and a big game win is now critical. Let's hope it comes tomorrow night, that would be some occasion.

I'm not sure the Dubs will get away with as much pulling and dragging of our key players off the ball with the home crowd getting on the officials back. We need Petey Harte and Mattie Donnelly to go and give their best ever performances in a big match. We've seen plenty of potential from both over the years but they have never went out and dominated a really big game. Would love to see them both on form tomorrow night.

bigtogs

Will we push up on the Dubs Kick outs or concede the kick out and set up defensively that is the big decision....We push up and it sets out tempo for the game, but its a risk with no extra men back covering the Dubs tear our defence apart, or we concede kick out like last year and invite Dubs onto us....Key decision that management teams live and die by.... i cant wait to tomorrow night to be honest....

BennyHarp

Quote from: bigtogs on July 20, 2018, 09:54:07 AM
Will we push up on the Dubs Kick outs or concede the kick out and set up defensively that is the big decision....We push up and it sets out tempo for the game, but its a risk with no extra men back covering the Dubs tear our defence apart, or we concede kick out like last year and invite Dubs onto us....Key decision that management teams live and die by.... i cant wait to tomorrow night to be honest....

I think they'll probably mix it up
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 20, 2018, 07:50:01 AM
I would read very little into the Monaghan game. Tyrone had 3 key players starting that game that weren't fit. And I'm convinced overall fitness levels were no where near what they are now. Harte obviously wanted to win ulster but he took a calculated risk that they could do it not at 100% per cent fitness levels. We looked flat by the time the All Ireland semi final came around last year and I think we've tried to learn from that. Even in the Meath game Tyrone looked off the pace and it's only in the last few weeks that the energy levels have really lifted. It doesn't mean we'll win tomorrow night but I wouldn't be predicting the game based on the Monaghan match.

It's great to have such a big game coming to Omagh and let's hope the lads go out and give a good account of themselves. This team has been building now for a few years and a big game win is now critical. Let's hope it comes tomorrow night, that would be some occasion.

I'm not sure the Dubs will get away with as much pulling and dragging of our key players off the ball with the home crowd getting on the officials back. We need Petey Harte and Mattie Donnelly to go and give their best ever performances in a big match. We've seen plenty of potential from both over the years but they have never went out and dominated a really big game. Would love to see them both on form tomorrow night.
Spot on

toby47

Quote from: RetiredRessie on July 18, 2018, 12:00:08 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 18, 2018, 11:15:15 AM
Tickets back on Sale and I'm trying to get Tyrone fans to buy them NOT DUBS
http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/

Buy as many as ye can and resell them back to your club as they only have a limited number.

Have two going at face value for any Tyrone fans

Also have a spare two

Fuzzman

I currently have 4 spare adult and 4 spare kids but I will ONLY sell to Tyrone fans and noisy ones at that.  ;D
PM if interested

I'll be in Sally O's 2moro from 2pm onwards for this teamtalkmag.com chat show

rrhf

The Trap

The game tomorrow is a great opportunity for tyrone to win back over supporters who have abandoned them recently. We are at home. It is not a knockout game. Can the team go for it or will they be hamstrung? Going by what we have seen this year I expect tyrone to make this a real test and if things go their way maybe even nick it.
If it was to be a demoralizing defeat it would be very difficult to go to Donegal and win.
That is not what I think will happen though. I expect the players to throw everything at this. As harte himself said this week they could play very well and get beat as the dubs are that good.

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2018, 09:55:32 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on July 20, 2018, 09:54:07 AM

I think they'll probably mix it up

Agreed. Better to mix it. God i can't wait for this one now.