Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Gnevin on January 29, 2007, 01:29:55 PM
My Starting 15
Cluxton; P Griffin, Cahill, O'Shaughnessy ; C Goggins, C Moran, Henry; D Magee (Whelo if fit) ,Ryan; D Murray, T Quinn, D Connolly; Brogan, K Bonner, C Keaney.

Did you forget Cullen or deliberately omit him?

I think Pillar will play Cullen instead of Murray. And Casey at wingback, Henry at corner back in place of Shocko.

Full back is up in the air. Talty said a primary objective of early season is to find a new full back - therefore they must not be happy with Cahill in this position. I wonder when McConnell's suspension is up?

Gnevin

Quote from: Hound on January 29, 2007, 02:06:03 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on January 29, 2007, 01:29:55 PM
My Starting 15
Cluxton; P Griffin, Cahill, O'Shaughnessy ; C Goggins, C Moran, Henry; D Magee (Whelo if fit) ,Ryan; D Murray, T Quinn, D Connolly; Brogan, K Bonner, C Keaney.

Did you forget Cullen or deliberately omit him?

I think Pillar will play Cullen instead of Murray. And Casey at wingback, Henry at corner back in place of Shocko.

Full back is up in the air. Talty said a primary objective of early season is to find a new full back - therefore they must not be happy with Cahill in this position. I wonder when McConnell's suspension is up?

Wasnt really space for him i was impressed with Murray and Connolly and would give them a run out
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

You're dropping Cullen??  ;D

I like the look of that Connolly fella. As I commented in the O'Byrne Cup final thread, he seems as if he may well be another piece added to Pillar's jigsaw. Obviously he's raw and will not be at his peak this year, but forwards like him will be needed over the next few years. Himself, Brogan, Keaney, and maybe one or two more (Not convinced about Vaughan, Cosgrove, Bonnar, etc) would be a fine forward line.

Hound

I wouldnt like to be Gnevin when Josey finds out what he's planning for Cullen  ;D

Now that Bonner has a full year of intercounty under his belt, I think he may well show us why Pillar has confidence in him. I'm hoping he'll prove to be a very important ball winner for Dublin in the forwards.

forkinknife

Time to whup Tyrone's arses now. The colluseum of Croke Park will  be bouncing on Saturday night. The culchies won't know what has hit them. The Hill will breathe fiire. We'll outnumber them 60'000-20'000. I myself will be drunk after the rugby earlier but that won't matter.

We want Sam, but we'll start with a Red Head scalp.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteI myself will be drunk after the rugby earlier but that won't matter.

Just make sure you get in on time

AZOffaly

True Hound, and I suppose that is what his role will be. I suppose my knock on Dublin for the past 3 or 4 years is that they have a scatter of ball winners but not enough lads to split the pipes under pressure. You can't throw the baby out with the bathwater though, and maybe 3 or 4 cool forwards, with another 3 or 4 ball winners (Some can be both :D) would be a recipe for Sam going to the Spire on his holidays.

AZOffaly

QuoteQuote
I myself will be drunk after the rugby earlier but that won't matter.

Just make sure you get in on time

Touché Gab :D
And already it's Tyrone 1-00 Dublin 0-00 :D

Hound

I can't see anything other than 50,000 people having the same idea of trying to get in for 10 minutes before throw-in.

And there will be many thousands who will decide to "make a day" of it:
1245 Liverpool v Everton
1600 England v Scotland
1900ish Dublin v Tyrone

Messy, messy, messy  ;D

I'll certainly be in a mess, but I'll be Wales (please let me find a pub with Setanta Ireland)  :'(

realredhandfan

Remember to drink Guiness sensibly boys or it can drip down your shirt.

Over the Bar

QuoteI myself will be drunk after the rugby earlier but that won't matter.

We want Sam, but we'll start with a Red Head scalp.

That wud be Red Hand scalp I take it...

realredhandfan

we want a red headed scalp
Damn injun jackeens. 

DUBSFORSAM1

After Yesterday

Cluxton

Griffen   O'Se   Henry  - Shocko/Cahill on bench

Casey   Cullen   Moran -  Goggins/Brennan on bench

Magee   O'Mahony - Ryan/Whelan on bench

Murray   Brogan    Connolly - Lally/Brogan on bench

Quinn    Bonnar   Keaney

magpie seanie

Seriously - I hope to hell that the game isn't delayed. I think it would be a good opportunity to throw the ball in on time and make the latecomers think twice about it the next time. There are bars inside the ground ffs.

INDIANA

i don't see any justification for having brennan on the bench based on form and i doubt anyone can come up with an argument to say why he should be there for me he's been the most consistent player over the 3 games.