Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2019, 08:57:42 PM
Was walking the dogs this morning and there were two wee pups wearing their poppies on them, I was horrified! No I wasn't, just walked on by and finished my walk

That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Milltown Row2

It's a fundraising thing, so buying the poppies for her dogs will fund that charity.

Plenty Irish died on that fateful day. Most wars can't be justified but we manage to commentate and celebrate wars that have happened on this island and then feel that the fascist imperialism of Britain needs to be scorned!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Probably because one is fascist and imperialistic and the types we do like to commemorate were fought to rid us of that imperialism...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 10, 2019, 11:02:08 PM
Probably because one is fascist and imperialistic and the types we do like to commemorate were fought to rid us of that imperialism...

Which part of the civil war or recent troubles do you like to commemorate?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 10, 2019, 11:32:37 PM
Meanwhile over in England, someone either has massive balls of steel or a major death wish...

Remembrance Sunday disrupted by fireworks in Salford

A man who disrupted a Remembrance Sunday event with fireworks had to be rushed away from angry veterans by police.

The fireworks exploded in the sky as hundreds of people stood in silence at 11:00 GMT and listened to the Last Post at the cenotaph in Eccles, Salford.

A man had set them off from a window ledge in a disused pub across the road.

Angry veterans began shouting, "Get him out!" and trying to break down the pub door before officers took the man away.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said a 38-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and was being questioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50367340

Was it Benny Itchy or Ogra?

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Poppy fascism at its best:

Just caught a glimpse of that Coven on ITV (aka Loose Women) discussing the topic 'should we be made to wear a poppy?'

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: BennyCake on November 10, 2019, 09:32:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2019, 08:57:42 PM
Was walking the dogs this morning and there were two wee pups wearing their poppies on them, I was horrified! No I wasn't, just walked on by and finished my walk

That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Agreed - he should either have red carded them or buried his hurl in them.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2019, 11:28:35 PM

Didn't know nationalist commemorations were only for that and not events like the Easter Rising... Let those who want to wear their poppies wear them, and let those who want to wear the Easter lily wear them also.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 11, 2019, 09:05:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2019, 11:28:35 PM

Didn't know nationalist commemorations were only for that and not events like the Easter Rising... Let those who want to wear their poppies wear them, and let those who want to wear the Easter lily wear them also.

You've never been to a Easter parade and listen to the speeches? I suppose you hear what you want to hear.

Main Street

Following up on the story of that remarkable man.

Salford man jailed (4 months) for setting off fireworks at Remembrance Sunday event

Somehow miraculously managed to escape being ripped to pieces by the angry mob frothing at the mouth  in a KKK like frenzy.

https://tinyurl.com/yjnmm6st

Milltown Row 2? (in another guise) commented  on the article "U dirty sc**bag"

Itchy

@giantpoppywatch is the funniest thing on twitter.

screenexile

Quote from: Itchy on November 12, 2019, 01:42:26 PM
@giantpoppywatch is the funniest thing on twitter.

#InRememberance #LestWeForget #CockDestroyer

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on November 12, 2019, 01:33:49 PM
Following up on the story of that remarkable man.

Salford man jailed (4 months) for setting off fireworks at Remembrance Sunday event

Somehow miraculously managed to escape being ripped to pieces by the angry mob frothing at the mouth  in a KKK like frenzy.

https://tinyurl.com/yjnmm6st

Milltown Row 2? (in another guise) commented  on the article "U dirty sc**bag"

I suppose if you're looking to be ripped to pieces just turn up at a funeral outside Casement  ;)

Every year it's the same, people annoyed about a charity. I think the charity can represent what it wants to everyone who wears it or any other flower. If someone is wearing it for the wrong reasons then that's his problem and if you're offended by it then put your big boy pants on and ignore it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 12, 2019, 03:17:52 PM
You're one of a number of posters on this Board that I've previously had run ins with and have personally tried to get to like but I have to admit defeat

Dougal this board is not about conforming with others and sharing and agreeing with their views all the time, and its not about gaining new friends, I've enough friends to disagree with but not fall out with.

I have never disliked anyone on here as I (bar a couple) don't know anyone here personally, a lot of people come on here for a wind up a chat or share thoughts on various things, some of which is very useful. I'd suspect a lot of posters on here wouldn't be so sharing of their thoughts in real life to their work colleagues, I'm at an age were I can take it or leave it..

The poopy like flegs seem to get up peoples goats a lot easier than other subjects I find more important, as for wanting things to go back to the 60's I have no idea where you are getting that from in any of my posts. But yes women shouldn't be allowed to vote or work in a pub/bookies