Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Who is begrudging them anything?

Milltown Row2

"A fairly weak field"

"the six lads in contention with them had an average world ranking of 277."

I know these are facts but we are good at negative spinning

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2024, 12:04:59 AMWho is begrudging them anything?

The boys are very prickly when it comes to McIlroy

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2024, 07:31:21 AM"A fairly weak field"

They're statements, not spin. I, for one, was delighted for the two lads. Lowry, in particular, has been struggling with his putting this year and it's a couple of years since his last win. McIlroy has been going on recently but has to deal with the fact he's being overshadowed by Scheffler.

My comment was a follow on from stating that I didn't believe there was a hope in hell of Trainer making that putt, as it was by far and away the most important and pressurised putt of his career, as evidenced by his lowly ranking. He missed it badly too. So shove your begrudgery comment up your hole.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2024, 08:33:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2024, 07:31:21 AM"A fairly weak field"

They're statements, not spin. I, for one, was delighted for the two lads. Lowry, in particular, has been struggling with his putting this year and it's a couple of years since his last win. McIlroy has been going on recently but has to deal with the fact he's being overshadowed by Scheffler.

My comment was a follow on from stating that I didn't believe there was a hope in hell of Trainer making that putt, as it was by far and away the most important and pressurised putt of his career, as evidenced by his lowly ranking. He missed it badly too. So shove your begrudgery comment up your hole.

;D

Truly shoved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

straightred

It was great and they were great. It makes a very welcome change to see 2 lads out there who are enjoying themselves rather than the robotic stuff that we often see in the PGA tour. Yes they were the pre tournament favorites but you still have to win it and they did. 400 fedex points each aren't to be sniffed at either. The sponsors are no doubt delighted as well as firstly they have already committed to coming back next year to defend but you might also see a few other top names fancying their chances with that kind of format.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2024, 11:58:23 PMShouldn't have bothered turning up

Even when they win the smell of begrudging isn't too far away..

Irish love that, one of the smallest nations in the world and belittle anyone that does well lol

All Irish? can you be more specific?  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on April 29, 2024, 10:45:03 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2024, 11:58:23 PMShouldn't have bothered turning up

Even when they win the smell of begrudging isn't too far away..

Irish love that, one of the smallest nations in the world and belittle anyone that does well lol

All Irish? can you be more specific?  ;D

Touché