Removal of Gaza flag in Croke Park!

Started by Aoise, August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2018, 10:47:55 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 04, 2018, 10:06:07 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2018, 12:23:20 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2018, 11:40:01 PM
Is the flying of the Palestine flag at gaa matches more of a northern thing?

Plenty on show today in Omagh. Didn't see any at the rest of the games.

The Nationalists in the North express their solidarity with a oppressed minority in Palestine.

The Unionists, predictibly enough, express their solidarity with the Israeli occupiers.

Personally, I dont know if inside the ground is the right venue for such demonstrations.

So by southerners not flying the Palestine flag, they don't care about the Palestinians plight, nor their fellow countrymen's?

Who said that?

The flying of the Palestinian flag is almost exclusively a Northern thing

No one is stopping any other supporters from flying it

Nobody. I was asking it.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: trileacman on June 04, 2018, 02:29:55 AM

The Nationalists in the North express their solidarity with a oppressed minority in Palestine.

The Unionists, predictibly enough, express their solidarity with the Israeli occupiers.

Personally, I dont know if inside the ground is the right venue for such demonstrations.

Didn't have an opinion either way until I heard who the boys that brought the flags were. The closest most of them would come to solidarity with the Palestinian people is when they eat their daily Doner kebab bought with a DLA cheque. Most of them couldn't pick out Palestine on a map if they tried.

What takes these Trillick men to a Fermanagh game?

longballin

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 04, 2018, 12:01:43 PM

Didn't have an opinion either way until I heard who the boys that brought the flags were. The closest most of them would come to solidarity with the Palestinian people is when they eat their daily Doner kebab bought with a DLA cheque. Most of them couldn't pick out Palestine on a map if they tried.
Pathetic post

We'll have to get Trillick man to vet who is worthy to carry a Palestine flag in future.

MK

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 04, 2018, 09:22:10 PM

What takes these Trillick men to a Fermanagh game?
Possibly to watch their relatives/to see how a captain leads his side to victory/eoin v mattie???