The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2017, 06:10:12 PM
Paul Lambert was  quite modest in his post match comment, "the game plan was brilliant".

Worse than Liverpool's performance were the 3 or so blatant dives/simulating being fouled after minimal contact in the penalty box and this enacted against a low in the table championship side.

Only remember the Woodburn one, but that was a showcase example of why retrospective punishment absolutely has to be brought in. Disgraceful stuff.

Lambert is entitled to stick his chest out. He won it fairly comfortably.

Minus15

Really disappointed in Klopp's team selection today. If ever there was a time to field a full strength team at home and try to get some confidence back before bigger tests ahead that was it.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on January 28, 2017, 06:23:07 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2017, 06:10:12 PM
Paul Lambert was  quite modest in his post match comment, "the game plan was brilliant".

Worse than Liverpool's performance were the 3 or so blatant dives/simulating being fouled after minimal contact in the penalty box and this enacted against a low in the table championship side.

Only remember the Woodburn one, but that was a showcase example of why retrospective punishment absolutely has to be brought in. Disgraceful stuff.

Lambert is entitled to stick his chest out. He won it fairly comfortably.

Yeah the Woodburn dive was as bad as it gets.  From a17 year old.  When I was 17 you would have had to hit me with a sledgehammer to get me to go down in the box.

As poor as Liverpool were today the way things are at the minute they are more likely to get goals against the so called bigger teams because these teams will look to attack and will look to hold onto the ball.  Liverpool have no way of breaking down well structured defensive teams at the minute irrespective of possession.

Get chelsea out of the way then f**k off January. ..

J70

Quote from: Minus15 on January 28, 2017, 06:53:04 PM
Really disappointed in Klopp's team selection today. If ever there was a time to field a full strength team at home and try to get some confidence back before bigger tests ahead that was it.

Well it's not an issue anymore!

Full strength, as available, every game now for the rest of the season.

The Stallion

Yes, Henderson, Mignolet and Milner. Every. Single. Game.

Klopp's masterplan after spending over 60 million in the Summer. And he is lauded as a genius. Staggering.

Minus15

You are right there J70. We will prob only see the same 14 or 15 players for the rest of the season injuries permitted. Sturridge is finished at Liverpool. I really think Sakho should be given another chance.

Minus15

Milner at left back and Henderson in holding midfield have been 2 of the success stories of Liverpool's season so far. Their troubles stem from elsewhere

The Stallion

Lol. Amazing how many of my fellow Liverpool supporters genuinely believe this.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minus15

I have never seen a lad stress their allegiance to something as much in my life. Convincing.

Liverpool going through a bad spell. Klopp's value will be determined by how his team react and how he learns from mistakes that have been made. It is clear that the team is reliant on a few individuals leading the way and without them on song some of the rest look pretty ordinary. They are in need of more quality and also some alternative options in terms of the way they play. Right now, the confidence is that low that the performances are insipid and lacking in any creativity whatsoever. Teams can park the bus and have quite a comfortable time.

As someone suggested, maybe bigger games on the horizon will bring out the best in the players as it has done so for during Klopp's tenure. We need a lift.

The Stallion

Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2017, 07:20:39 PM
Are you not fed up yet Stallion?

While it is slightly dispiriting that not a single one of my fellow Liverpool supporters can see I'm right about Klopp, it won't deter me from attempting to help them see the error of their ways. Even if it does mean I'm the target of abuse from people who don't like me being proven right. I'm very selfless in that regard.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: The Stallion on January 28, 2017, 07:40:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2017, 07:20:39 PM
Are you not fed up yet Stallion?

While it is slightly dispiriting that not a single one of my fellow Liverpool supporters can see I'm right about Klopp, it won't deter me from attempting to help them see the error of their ways. Even if it does mean I'm the target of abuse from people who don't like me being proven right. I'm very selfless in that regard.

Real Liverpool fans saw right through Gerrard tho.   The other 95% thought he was second only to Jesus Christ.   The gormless sheep will soon realise Klopp's limitations too.  The almost  homo-erotic adulation of Klopp by some posters on this thread is cringeworthy.

Minus15

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minus15

Senegal out. Mane missed decisive penalty