All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Gael85 on January 15, 2023, 03:03:37 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 02:58:47 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 15, 2023, 02:57:01 PM
What P Clifford did there, was stupid too.
Didnt actually see what did he do?

Eye gouge.
surely not. How can he stand and say that was wrong then ffs🤣🤣

Wildweasel74

Armagh18

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on January 15, 2023, 03:04:05 PM
Farcical red for the hand up nothing call then the clothes line tackle at the other end with only a yellow was when the whole game fell apart.
catch a grip.

clonadmad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 15, 2023, 03:01:24 PM
Just the part of him pulling bck on the lads head who was sitting up on the ground, what happened before I didn't see. Stewartstown let themselves down abagful.

You must have missed the bit where Coyle tired to break his Jaw with an elbow

Typical MOPE

Armagh18

Quote from: clonadmad on January 15, 2023, 03:05:01 PM
Just the part of him pulling bck on the lads head who was sitting up on the ground, what happened before I didn't see. Stewartstown let themselves down abagful.

Typical MOPE
Completely separate and he was rightly sent off for that elbow.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 15, 2023, 02:57:01 PM
What P Clifford did there, was stupid too.

Saying in the speech now that it was unbelieve how and why he got sent off, yeah right!

Armagh18

Would like another look at the whole thing tbh.

clonadmad

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 03:05:57 PM

Typical MOPE

And Paudie Clifford got sent off

So what's your point

Typical Tyrone when they are getting bet the kn**ker in them comes out

Wildweasel74

The first sending off was so stupid, He was getting destroyed by Clifford, switched to 'O'Shea, give him a body check then proceeded to raise ( I though it was a push originally, it was not) a short fist to the face. Was it hard, probably not and 15 just went straight down, but Tyrone senior team been doing this shit for years. And now you complain when it happens against you. Lad cost them any chance they had, so he can't blame anybody but himself. And 24, less said the better.

Armagh18

Quote from: clonadmad on January 15, 2023, 03:09:03 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2023, 03:05:57 PM

Typical MOPE

And Paudie Clifford got sent off

So what's your point

Typical Tyrone when they are getting bet the kn**ker in them comes out
paudie clifford got sent off well after he got the elbow. What are you on about!

No arguments on the bolded.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 15, 2023, 03:10:15 PM
The first sending off was so stupid, He was getting destroyed by Clifford, switched to 'O'Shea, give him a body check then proceeded to raise ( I though it was a push originally, it was not) a short fist to the face. Was it hard, probably not and 15 just went straight down, but Tyrone senior team been doing this shit for years. And now you complain when it happens against you. Lad cost them any chance they had, so he can't blame anybody but himself. And 24, less said the better.
Yep spot on.

LeoMc

Stewartstown went behind by 3 in the period they were a man down. Stupid Red by number 3.
The yellow for Fossa just after it was correct, a clumsy high tackle.

24 deserved his red as did Paidi Clifford, based on the first sending off.
David Clifford's 2nd yellow was correct also. I didn't see what  Stewartstown's 5 did or what Garth Devlin got his 2nd yellow for. Devlins first yellow was a bit soft.

PMG1

Paudie got sent off for bands to the face same as the Stewartstown full back, can't complain although both done very little letter of the law it's a red.

On a separate issue, disgrace what he said in his speech and as a suspended player you are not allowed to take part in any proceeding for the rest of the game, this he should not have been lifting the trophy (I know it's stupid but again that is the letter of the law). Surely this will lead to a bigger suspension???

Armagh18

Quote from: PMG1 on January 15, 2023, 03:22:48 PM
Paudie got sent off for bands to the face same as the Stewartstown full back, can't complain although both done very little letter of the law it's a red.

On a separate issue, disgrace what he said in his speech and as a suspended player you are not allowed to take part in any proceeding for the rest of the game, this he should not have been lifting the trophy (I know it's stupid but again that is the letter of the law). Surely this will lead to a bigger suspension???
Hardly a disgrace now. And surely the game is over when the whistle blows. Who the feck was gonna stop him.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: LeoMc on January 15, 2023, 03:18:59 PM
Stewartstown went behind by 3 in the period they were a man down. Stupid Red by number 3.
The yellow for Fossa just after it was correct, a clumsy high tackle.

24 deserved his red as did Paidi Clifford, based on the first sending off.
David Clifford's 2nd yellow was correct also. I didn't see what  Stewartstown's 5 did or what Garth Devlin got his 2nd yellow for. Devlins first yellow was a bit soft.

He maybe could have given him a yellow for the first red, there was nothing in it, but at the same time very very stupid and can't really have many complaints.i do hate seeing players make a meal of things like that though.
The clothesline tackle I thought was a red, or at least borderline. He can count himself very lucky.
The Coyle one was an awful challenge, a real jawbreaker. Paudie Cliffords was a correct call too imo, and the second yellows prob correct too.
Overall a tough day for the ref but you could argue he got all 6 red cards correct.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either