Harry Redknapp vs Ginaluca Vialli - The Toughest

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, July 13, 2018, 12:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteEPISODE ONE OF this year's 'The Toughest Rivalry' series has landed.

AIB GAA have pitted former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp and ex-Italy striker Gianluca Vialli against one another in a Gaelic football challenge game.

Redknapp has taken charge of West Cork club Castlehaven, while Vialli is coaching Dublin outfit Erin's Isle and over the next eight weeks, we'll get to see how the pair get on.

The sides will then meet in a rematch of the 1998 AIB All-Ireland club semi-final, when Castlehaven lost out thanks to a controversial goal at the death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiTIrRcJYUU

Syferus

This idea is at least ten times stupider than last year's.

laoislad

Not bad, will watch them all as they come out. Last years Jeff and Kammys Road to Croker was excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jayop

I like these things. It's always interesting to hear an outsiders view on our games and this is a very good way of getting that view.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Jayop on July 13, 2018, 05:21:18 PM
I like these things. It's always interesting to hear an outsiders view on our games and this is a very good way of getting that view.

Agree. However it's always the same.

It's brilliant. Love the sense of community. I can't believe they are all amateurs.

It's all very back patting.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Syferus

You're not getting an outsider's view. You're getting a view from an outsider framed by the fact he's being paid to say nice things about the sport his paymaster is a major sponsor of. There is a massive difference.

Last year's attempt descended into saccharine platitudes too regularly.

Jayop

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 13, 2018, 05:33:29 PM

Agree. However it's always the same.

It's brilliant. Love the sense of community. I can't believe they are all amateurs.

It's all very back patting.

Sure what else could it be but a blow your trumpet thing. I do think that these guys who come over are genuinely impressed by what they find though as samey as they are. I remember David Bentley going to Cross and loving it a few years ago being one of my favorites.

armaghniac

Sure everyone loves going to Cross', munya craic there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014