Author Topic: 11th night bonfires  (Read 30373 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: 11th night bonfires
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »
Aye you're not wrong at all man. It's just so counter productive that it's obvious that they don't know what they're doing at all.

The dissidents know fine well what they are doing
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
Are they a dying breed? They probably are.  I was on Sash Watch last night viewing the highlights to see could I recognize anyone. But what stood out for me was a lot of the interviewees were at pains to point out the growth in the number of lodges as if to give the impression that all was healthy in the OO this may not be the case.

Take the bands out of the equation and you will see the number of Lol ‘walkers’ and you will see the numbers dwindling each year.

Sorry if I've already mentioned this but on the road where I grew up (in a mixed area) there was a parade once or twice every year. All the fenians on the road just sat in the house when they passed, shut the curtains, and passed no remarks. The parades dwindled every year to the point where it all but disappeared. I think there were years when there was no march.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 16, 2018, 03:09:50 PM »
And Willie McBride?
Written by a Scot living in Australia, Eric Bogle, also wrote The leaving of Nancy and The Band Played Waltzing Matilda oh and an ironic ditty called I Hate Wogs, which parodies racism, took the Aussies a while to cop to that one.