Paul Kimmage

Started by imtommygunn, September 30, 2017, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2017, 03:08:45 PM
Fitzgerald ripped Kimmage a new one if you asked me. I'm glad to see it. Calling the Dublin players cheats is wrong. Mayo (Lee Keegan) did the exact same stuff previously. It's cynical but it happens and the ref dealt with it. Just because it happened against poor Mayo that everyone seemed to want to win makes no difference. Dbulin are a brilliant team and I think (while they probably don't give a f**k) the coverage since the game has been unfair and unbalanced.

Chime knowingly cheated himself. It's a very emotive word and he shouldn't be using it in this case or with any amateur players. Unfortunately when you get inter county players grants/additional expenses/pay and you're into drug testing you're aslant analysis by the like of Kimmage who only seems to see the bad in everything. Or even if it's not there.
I thought Jimmy Magee died last week. Looks like I might have thought wrong.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 30, 2017, 03:59:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 30, 2017, 03:46:03 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2017, 03:02:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 30, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2017, 10:59:59 AM
I see kimmage has moved onto the gaa and seems to have the dubs as his latest crusade. Anyone listen to him and luke fitzgerald?

The guy at this stage just seems very demonised. His criticism of dubs seems to be cynicism in the closing stages of ai final more than anythiing. ( gaelic football is just a reasonably cynical game and while i would prefer to see dublin beat i don't see them as any more cynical than anyone else).

Has he went as far as to mention drugs?
The last 2 minutes were a disgrace imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KbVIFEFnU

Yeah. How can the allstar goalkeeper miss a free man to his left and kick it over the sideline? A disgrace alright.
Playing keep the ball in an AIF is cowardly.
What were the Dubs afraid of?
Cowardly,disgrace are you serious?
Passing the ball back to the keeper . FFS
I didn't realise it was soccer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

I think of this when i see Pauls rants

bennydorano

Kimmage is ultra consistent with his moral indignation and pursuit of cheats, there's no grey areas with him, It must be totally exhausting. I greatly admire him but he annoys the f**k out of me at times as well, a lot of innuendo and half truths fired about without evidence, but then again I do realise he's entitled to air his suspicions. What I find most annoying is the basking in reflected glory sycophants who weigh in behind him on every twitter spat, but then again the Dubs, Rugger buggers, cyclists all close ranks when he has the bit between his teeth against them.

I'm with him on the Dubs thing, they did cheat and he called it, but I would have done the same in their situation so I wouldn't care if anyone called my a cheat in such circumstances tbh.

What is clean? Kimmage said that a year or more ago and it's a question with lots & lots of answers and even more questions.

He's a fantastic journalist.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2017, 03:08:45 PM
Fitzgerald ripped Kimmage a new one if you asked me.

Chime knowingly cheated himself. It's a very emotive word and he shouldn't be using it in this case or with any amateur players. Unfortunately when you get inter county players grants/additional expenses/pay and you're into drug testing you're aslant analysis by the like of Kimmage who only seems to see the bad in everything. Or even if it's not there.

Hahaha, pull the other one. Fitzgerald went immediately on the defensive when it came to rugby and his response to Kimmage telling him that one of his sources was a rugby teammate, Fitzgerald started talking shite

Fitzgerald made an absolute eejit of himself on several occasions and the "kimmage knowingly cheated" line was the only thing he could come back to - nor that it was even in any way relevant to the discussion.

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2017, 02:22:03 PM
So if you're physically unable to perform, then take something that allows you perform, that's not performance enhancing? Honestly?

Pain killers won't help you perform, if your muscle is pulled etc no pain killer will help that. It allows you play through pain and are widely used in all sports. If we took this approach you wouldn't be allowed take an addadin for a headache

gallsman

Quote from: Itchy on September 30, 2017, 05:31:38 PM
So if you're physically unable to perform, then take something that allows you perform, that's not performance enhancing? Honestly?

Pain killers won't help you perform, if your muscle is pulled etc no pain killer will help that. It allows you play through pain and are widely used in all sports. If we took this approach you wouldn't be allowed take an addadin for a headache

What and cortisone shots?

The tablet for a headache analogy came up during the discussion.

I think enabling you to perform when you otherwise couldn't is, by definition, performance enhancing. Agree to disagree.

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2017, 05:56:59 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 30, 2017, 05:31:38 PM

What and cortisone shots?

The tablet for a headache analogy came up during the discussion.

I think enabling you to perform when you otherwise couldn't is, by definition, performance enhancing. Agree to disagree.

In my first post I did say what I thought of people using them but I also don't think you can define those people as cheats.

AZOffaly

Is taking a painkilling injection cheating? If so I cheated several times.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2017, 07:00:05 PM

Is taking painkillers when you don't need them?

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2017, 08:38:37 PM

That's not what you said earlier. You said taking a headache tablet or something.

If you take a substance that is banned then it's cheating, if it's not banned it's not cheating.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

That's not what you said earlier. You said taking a headache tablet or something.

If you take a substance that is banned then it's cheating, if it's not banned it's not cheating.

You're putting words in my mouth. I said it was performance enhancing.

Have you listened to the debate? There are very clear distinctions made and different parts of it cover different topics - what is defined as cheating, what is performance enhancing etc.

As for your final point, that's complete and utter bollocks. If it's not on the banned list it's fine, take whatever you want?! Non asthmatics using inhalers for example?

gallsman

Also, this isn't me being a p***k and I like your posts on this forum a lot but if you're going to involve yourself in a debate, this isn't really good enough.

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2017, 09:15:29 PM

You can't tell me what I did or didn't say and then say I said "...or something". At least read the posts.

trileacman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 30, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

What about a plethora of tue? And what makes a substance banned?

For example what about the disproportionate number of sport men's who are asmatic?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

I listened to the 'encounter' between Luke and Paul. Fwiw  I thought Kimmage,  for one who's supposed to be so tough and a veteran firebrand (in his opinion), he's way too sensitive and uptight about his own sense of self righteousness. His comments on the heroic 3 in a row Dubs were quite frankly farcical and ridiculous. He doth protest way too much,  way out of proportion to the discussion at hand.

Btw,  Fitzgerald's comments about Kimmage being a drug  sinner were also ridiculous.