The Star Fantasy GAA

Started by Travis T O Justice, February 09, 2010, 09:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis T O Justice

Anybody enter this?

I've been looking for teh results on their website after the weekend games - but not  a sausage!?!? Anybody know what the skinny is?
"If it was easy any monkey could do it....go get me a monkey Barry".

SambaSaffron

Na, I'm in the same boat though.

Abble

gaelic life weekly will put their tables up on fridays paper...wondering what the craic is with the star's updates ? i, like everyone else probably, think i done alright in the first week

orchardexile

Yesterday's  paper mentioned that due to huge uptake in the competition tghe score updates would be in Tuesday paper 16th Feb I think

deise2010

Hi guys, i have a competiton commencing the first week in March for the 2010 hurling and football championship campaign..there will be an overall winner plus second, third, fourth and fifth etc...also, at the end of the competiton there will be smaller prizes for the leader form each individual county...everything will be updated immediately,as games are in progress, from an online tracking company, so you won't have to wait, to see how you are performing in the competition...any questions, forward them to fantasygaelicsports@yahoo.ie or just reply here...

From the Bunker

Results for Fantasy Gaa in the Star today, was disappointed that they did not publish individual scores of players.

SambaSaffron

Good man, must buy this in a while.

D4S

Had a quick look at the irish star in work today and never noticed it, was it just showing who won the weekly prize, or did it gove scores of everyone who has entered?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

From the Bunker

Nah, no just gave the top 300 teams. No individual player scores. A bit disappointing as i was looking forward to seeing how each of my players did! Smell a bit of a rat as the organisers seem to be struggling to get these results out first of all and with no individual player scores you cannot question your team score.

orchardexile

I checked the score in the Star of one of my teams which was in the top 300 and it doesn't match with what I expected.  Even though I have validated against the Monday Star for both weeks.  I think the problem that this seems to be a manual effort hence the length of time to get the results out. 

It mentioned that scores are accumulated weekly by Star GAA reporters.  Editor's decision on all scores and results is final and no correspondence can be entered into

Midlands Man

Was dissapointed myself it hasnt the players points up , one good thing is that it shows a decent leaderboard , i woulld reckon anyone over 100pts behind the leader is out of it though even at this early stage..

Qwerty28

Any way of putting up a copy of the table? Double game week (!!) for my two Division 4 midfielders tomorrow!!  Forwards doing well but cant remember who my defenders are!

Midlands Man

Whats your team name qwerty and il let u know if your in the top 300.. It only shows the leaderboard , nothing of players or the points theyve got..

Qwerty28

Longford Leaders! With a name like that I dont deserve to be in the top 300!!

Midlands Man

Quote from: Qwerty28 on February 21, 2010, 10:07:57 PM
Longford Leaders! With a name like that I dont deserve to be in the top 300!!

Ha ha ..Your not on the leaderboard anyhow..Youve probably picked Brian Kavanagh on your team like i did on a couple of teams i entered , his been a big let down for me has scored very little and failed to score saturday at full forward , he doesnt kick the frees either anymore which i never knew..