Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: Kingpins on October 15, 2018, 09:57:46 AM
Stevi nicks.. wind your neck in, take the beating and quit your crying!! Mc kernan met the fella with super shoulder, shouldnt even have been a free!! Lets put the jealousy and bitterness to one side and agree that the cream always rises to the top, u14s, u 16s, minor finalists, 2nds semi finalists, 3rds finalists, senior double!! The aristocrats of down football, always have and always will be!! Past, present and future champions!! As i said dominating a county for so long but yet no return in ulster marks failure in my eyes, you need to cement your clubs name in ulster glory to be recognised as a great team, lets be honest down hav'nt produced any great teams since ourselves and it looks like its going to be left up to us to repeat the glory in the years ahead again. Heads up to kilcoo though, tried so hard.. failed and will go down as decent team in our local club scene.

This in a nutshell, a prime example of why Burren folk can be labelled an arrogant shower of pricks.
Aristocrats show class.
Wasnt much chirping for last 7 years

thebar

Stevi nicks.. wind your neck in, take the beating and quit your crying!! Mc kernan met the fella with super shoulder, shouldnt even have been a free!! Lets put the jealousy and bitterness to one side and agree that the cream always rises to the top, u14s, u 16s, minor finalists, 2nds semi finalists, 3rds finalists, senior double!! The aristocrats of down football, always have and always will be!! Past, present and future champions!! As i said dominating a county for so long but yet no return in ulster marks failure in my eyes, you need to cement your clubs name in ulster glory to be recognised as a great team, lets be honest down hav'nt produced any great teams since ourselves and it looks like its going to be left up to us to repeat the glory in the years ahead again. Heads up to kilcoo though, tried so hard.. failed and will go down as decent team in our local club scene.

Good man Kingpins you tell him ;D ;D ;D

snoopdog

Quote from: charlieTully on October 15, 2018, 02:17:54 AM
Quote from: downjim on October 15, 2018, 01:37:10 AM
Utm my arse, best club player since 98 is not Laverty but in the top five. We are back and we are not going anywhere. It's coming home

Win with dignity ya p***k. Half their first team was missing.
As much as id like to see Burren do well in Ulster. Its comments and arrogance of the above would turn you off them. Thankfully i know alot of decent Burren people whom im delighted for and they wouldnt come out with the arrogance this clown constantly does. For Kilcoo to get so close to 7 in a row is a massive achievment for a club that were nowhere in the 80s and 90s. . The Benchmark in Down football. With a full strength squad thet willl be back next year. Hopefully more of their players will make themselves available for Tally.  Also hopefully Burren will bring through some of this promising crop of players they have to the county side. McKernan has been the only real classy olayer from that club to play for Down in a long time. Will highlights be on tg4 this evening i wonder

thebar

Quote from: snoopdog on October 15, 2018, 10:05:23 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 15, 2018, 02:17:54 AM
Quote from: downjim on October 15, 2018, 01:37:10 AM
Utm my arse, best club player since 98 is not Laverty but in the top five. We are back and we are not going anywhere. It's coming home

Win with dignity ya p***k. Half their first team was missing.
As much as id like to see Burren do well in Ulster. Its comments and arrogance of the above would turn you off them. Thankfully i know alot of decent Burren people whom im delighted for and they wouldnt come out with the arrogance this clown constantly does. For Kilcoo to get so close to 7 in a row is a massive achievment for a club that were nowhere in the 80s and 90s. . The Benchmark in Down football. With a full strength squad thet willl be back next year. Hopefully more of their players will make themselves available for Tally.  Also hopefully Burren will bring through some of this promising crop of players they have to the county side. McKernan has been the only real classy olayer from that club to play for Down in a long time. Will highlights be on tg4 this evening i wonder

I doubt it snoopdog regarding highlights... TG4 had no camera even at the match unless they borrow footage from BBC / UTV who both had a camera there.

banker

Yesterday was a great advertisement for club football in Down. Burren also very deserving winners. Donal O'Hare and Toner had excellent games whilst PD was probably the standout player for Kilcoo. Thought Con Reynolds handled the game very well. Kilcoo have been fantastic champions and will be back. The Ulster championship is wide open this year with a few of the big hitters now gone. With a bit of momentum behind Burren anything can happen. 

The only disappointing thing on the day was two minutes before the final whistle a group of 17 - 18 year olds from Burren were waiting to run onto the field to celebrate (rightly so). A bunch of Kilcoo lads in the same age bracket burst past us on the terrace and ran to the terrace behind the nets were a bit of a row broke out but the stewards seemed to calm this. Whether they were provoked or not who knows but our games have had enough bad coverage without this happening!

downjim

How can we improve the standards in East Down?? Have an East Doen team won a real championship this season, anyone got a roll of honour ??

Brick Tamlin

Jim are you the Burren eejit that was standing behind the goals banging the hoarding and roaring at the Kilcoo defenders with 5mins to go.

bridgegael

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 15, 2018, 10:59:13 AM
Jim are you the Burren eejit that was standing behind the goals banging the hoarding and roaring at the Kilcoo defenders with 5mins to go.

Lol. He jumped the fence when he saw 4/5 kilcoo children coming towards him.

Well done to Burren, better team on the day.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

downjim

I wonder who will win club of the year ??

Stevie Nicks

So you ignore the main point of my post, no crying at all, best team won without doubt. It was to point out to you that all teams use various methods legal and illegal to close out games! It was something new to me that when our keeper goes to take a kickout out one of your management took it on himself to kick another ball onto the pitch. Innovative I thought, not crying but according to you all week Kilcoo are big bad boys who use 'Dark Arts' and the good boys from Burren would't resort to any such tactics!
And as said before good luck in Ulster, tough game against Scotstown/Derrygonnelly but home advantage might count. Make the most of it because the decent club team will be back next year with hopefully a full deck of cards!!

downjim

Don't forget the blue shirts who tried and failed once they got out of Newry lol it's coming home lads

thebar

Will there be an open top bus in the point this evening parading the cup? only fair if there was.

downjim

That would not be fair on CPN,they are being paraded eith their league runners up trophy and we nearly beat Kilcoo trophy

downjim

The are 8 Down championships throughout the grades, 6/8 are held in 3 clubs a few miles apart. But yeah there is south Down bias lol it's coming home

drici

Quote from: snoopdog on October 15, 2018, 10:05:23 AM

Will highlights be on tg4 this evening i wonder

Yes.