Club/Player Contract

Started by Dinny Breen, January 09, 2017, 05:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Having to write something like that down indicates a whole lot of wrong things

Brick Tamlin

Whoever handed that out should have been told by the players to shove it up his hole.
If clubs are at that craic its ridiculous.

rosnarun

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 10, 2017, 11:58:14 AM

we live in a world where everything is weighed and measured this is just the GAA version.
and rules of the Sleveen 'I didn't think you meant that excuse'
Apart from the fact that it exists what is people main problem with it.
I would not be gone on the Club gear at all times rules or the holiday ones but that would be the same Written or not
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hound

Don't see anything wrong with this at all.

It's great that everyone on the senior team committs to help out with the academy.

I'm dead against blanket drink bans as it leads to over-binging when the ban is lifted, so pleasantly surprised that there's no mention of that.

It's absolutely a bit of a gimmick but most managers have some gimmick they try to get buy-in from the lads. And I reckon one purpose of this is to remind a few fellas that missing training sessions or league games is not acceptable. And rather than calling them out and causing a row, let's get it all written down and agreed so there's no ambiguity on what's expected. The majority of the lads won't need to read and sign something to make the committment, so this won't bother them either way, but there'll be a few lads that this might help to get focused. And if you're not focused in Dublin senior club football, then you'll fall behind quickly.

outinfront

Does club football in Dublin "shutdown" over the summer? If so there would at least be plenty of time to go on holidays.

Hound

Quote from: outinfront on January 10, 2017, 02:09:40 PM
Does club football in Dublin "shutdown" over the summer? If so there would at least be plenty of time to go on holidays.
No, the county board releases a full fixture schedule in late Jan / early Feb, which is largley stuck to, although there are of course exceptions.
So every team knows when their 15 league games are scheduled for and can plan holiday arrangements.

the league 15 games in 2016 were broadly spread as follows:
Feb/Mar: 2
Apr: 2
May: 3
Jun: 3
Jul: 2
Aug: 1
Sep: 1
Oct/Nov: 1

magpie seanie

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 10, 2017, 11:58:14 AM

Nail on the head. Imagine writing something like that on your club headed paper? Clownish.

These sort of commitments should come from the group....not via dictat. Seems like poor management to me. I think some of it is a bit much but a lot of it is the type of commitment you'd expect/need from senior club players.

Declan

Here's the thoughts from within Brigids from another forum

As a member of brigids the reason this was done out was for a couple of reasons . This year they are trying something different . They are running top 2 teams 1 and 2 teams together. In this the 2nd team and a lot of minors are new to the commitment that's required . Our club has struggled for the last number of years and are trying to build up the spirit and comradery again . Outside people don't know the context of the meaning behind it . It purpose is to reignite the club by commitment being proud to wear ur colours and what's expected of you to commit to achieving this . Nothing in it is anything out of the ordinary . Commit give something back and enjoy it . Big swing bullshite story

manfromdelmonte

If that was given out in my club it'd be used to light the fire

Then again, that's probably why we never win anything