The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 19, 2020, 06:42:32 PM
That was made more enjoyable as Utd could have stole it! Confirming the result with the last kick of the game was sweet!  ;D

9-3-4 to see us over the line!

If liverpool drop points in 7 of the last 16 games I'll eat my hat.

TabClear

Surprising comfortable win. While we should have been 3-4 up by the hour mark except for De Gea and some awful finishing from Mane/Salah, even at 1-0 I was much more confident than in other matches this year when we have held a single goal advantage going into the last 15. Bar Martial's chance which was really well worked they never really looked like creating decent opportunities. VVD was unreal. Never looked flustered and just controlled everything back there. Henderson and Winjandam were excellent as well.

Not sure how VAR overturned the Firminio goal. VVD could not have challenged any better. If the ref had blew the foul I would probably have accepted it given the level of protection keepers get but how it met the "clear and obvious error" threshold for VAR to overturn is a joke. Pity Gini just strayed offside for his disallowed goal as it was a great move.

Carra and Keane were hilarious in the studio afterwards. Keane defending his buddy Ole by having a go a Lampard, the media and anyone else who disagreed with him and Carra's voice getting higher and higher as he argued with him.  ;D ;D

All in all a great weekend for Wolves  ;)

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: TabClear on January 20, 2020, 07:34:55 AM
Surprising comfortable win. While we should have been 3-4 up by the hour mark except for De Gea and some awful finishing from Mane/Salah, even at 1-0 I was much more confident than in other matches this year when we have held a single goal advantage going into the last 15. Bar Martial's chance which was really well worked they never really looked like creating decent opportunities. VVD was unreal. Never looked flustered and just controlled everything back there. Henderson and Winjandam were excellent as well.

Not sure how VAR overturned the Firminio goal. VVD could not have challenged any better. If the ref had blew the foul I would probably have accepted it given the level of protection keepers get but how it met the "clear and obvious error" threshold for VAR to overturn is a joke. Pity Gini just strayed offside for his disallowed goal as it was a great move.

Carra and Keane were hilarious in the studio afterwards. Keane defending his buddy Ole by having a go a Lampard, the media and anyone else who disagreed with him and Carra's voice getting higher and higher as he argued with him.  ;D ;D

I think Keane's underling point was that chopping and changing the manager every turnaround isn't the solution.  It hasn't worked for the past few years and Ole needs to be given time to make his mark at United.  His pop at Lampard was that their was direct comparisons are being made of him and Ole and Chelsea aren't exactly setting the premier league on fire also.  I think there was substance to what he was saying. 

On the topic of the match, Liverpool are streets ahead, every player looks comfortable in their role in the team, and they seem to make chances out of nothing. 
VVD will continue to dominate the premier league for years, with a man like him in the backline, Liverpool can feel comfortable pressing high up the pitch. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on January 20, 2020, 11:14:21 AM

I think Keane's underling point was that chopping and changing the manager every turnaround isn't the solution.  It hasn't worked for the past few years and Ole needs to be given time to make his mark at United.  His pop at Lampard was that their was direct comparisons are being made of him and Ole and Chelsea aren't exactly setting the premier league on fire also.  I think there was substance to what he was saying. 

On the topic of the match, Liverpool are streets ahead, every player looks comfortable in their role in the team, and they seem to make chances out of nothing. 
VVD will continue to dominate the premier league for years, with a man like him in the backline, Liverpool can feel comfortable pressing high up the pitch.

Not really comparable, Lampard took over a team that lost arguably the best player in the league - certainly the best player in his team and on a transfer ban.

Solskjear spent 85 mil on a centre half.

It was an odd comparison.

TabClear

I think Keane's underling point was that chopping and changing the manager every turnaround isn't the solution.  It hasn't worked for the past few years and Ole needs to be given time to make his mark at United. His pop at Lampard was that their was direct comparisons are being made of him and Ole and Chelsea aren't exactly setting the premier league on fire also.  I think there was substance to what he was saying. 

I agree with you in terms of Keane's point about managers being given time but the Lampard comparison was not valid in my opinion.  I think Lampard has done a decent job with the hand he was dealt. Ole went and spent £130m in the Summer while Chelsea could not and they lost one of the league's best players so I think he's doing a reasonable job, certainly better than Ole. Keane would have been better off sticking to his point about Klopp's treatment at Liverpool in the first few years as an example of new managers being given time.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: TabClear on January 20, 2020, 11:24:49 AM

I think Keane's underling point was that chopping and changing the manager every turnaround isn't the solution.  It hasn't worked for the past few years and Ole needs to be given time to make his mark at United. His pop at Lampard was that their was direct comparisons are being made of him and Ole and Chelsea aren't exactly setting the premier league on fire also.  I think there was substance to what he was saying. 

I agree with you in terms of Keane's point about managers being given time but the Lampard comparison was not valid in my opinion.  I think Lampard has done a decent job with the hand he was dealt. Ole went and spent £130m in the Summer while Chelsea could not and they lost one of the league's best players so I think he's doing a reasonable job, certainly better than Ole. Keane would have been better off sticking to his point about Klopp's treatment at Liverpool in the first few years as an example of new managers being given time.

Agree totally, Lampard has done a better job than Ole given the situation he was faced with.  Also agree, I think Liverpool finished 7th maybe in Klopps first year which I'm sure had fans slightly worried, so that comparison would have been more appropriate to solidify his point that for a manager to make a proper go of things they need time to build the team they want and a style they want. 
Anyway, wrong thread for this type of talk, but I would get slaughtered on the United thread for suggesting Ole should stay  ::)
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Boycey

Didn't see the argument yesterday but an alternative view is that United have lost 7 senior pros and replaced them with 3? Chelsea were significantly better than United last year less so this year maybe Lampard has had it easy

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on January 20, 2020, 11:43:09 AM
Didn't see the argument yesterday but an alternative view is that United have lost 7 senior pros and replaced them with 3? Chelsea were significantly better than United last year less so this year maybe Lampard has had it easy

Let's not mention that Chelsea lost their best player to Real Madrid in the Summer  ;)

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 20, 2020, 12:33:05 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 20, 2020, 11:43:09 AM

Let's not mention that Chelsea lost their best player to Real Madrid in the Summer  ;)

It has been mentioned in the discussion?

Mayo4Sam

Have ur mans posts all been deleted?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

quit yo jibbajabba

Has he been banned?! Jesus just when ye thought the season couldnt get any better 😂😃

Aughafad

I'm sure i wasn't alone in reporting him. The amount of vitriol and general shithousery he spouts.

gawa316

Same starting 11 from the weekend...
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Gomez
van Dijk
Robertson
Wijnaldum
Henderson
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mane
Salah