Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intoDwest

I was at it and Belmullet deserved to win. Brutal game. The weather was atrocious the team playing into the wind had to play soccer or hand pass it up the length of the field due to the strength of the wind.

No hits at all in the game a very sporting contest.....I think it was to cold and windy to be bothered doing anything.

Billy Joe didn't look like a county footballer today, very average.

An Gaeilgoir

Well done to Tuar Mhic Eadaigh yesterday. A super game,end to end and some super football. TMK played the best football i have seen all year from any team in the first ten minutes of the game. Parke fought back and came from 1-4 to 0-00 to go 2 points ahead with 6 minutes to go. TMK then came back and drew level again, Adrian Dolan then kicked a huge point form 45 yards out over near the sideline to win the game. Super stuff from both teams. This is TMK's first title since 1982.

Hit the ground

A quick question for those of you at the Crossmolina game - was it a case of the three games in three weeks catching up with the deel boys or is this being unfair to St. Brigids?  In other words do St Brigids now look like they're good enough to be in with a good shout for the Connaught title - if so they must have improved quite a good deal since last season.  I suppose as a Galway man yesterdays result looks like good news for Corofin (at least on the face of it) but perhaps this will prove not to be the case. 

On another note congrats to Tourmakeady - would have a family connection out that way so its good to see the men in black getting a bit of silverware!!

Mayo4Sam

Stephenite I dont know if i said dont turn up but i expect knockmore to win this one.
The first match was a cracking game and ballina deservedly won but the margin was a little deceiving.
Knockmore conceded 3 goals that day to campion, having watched him over the summer i dont think he can do that again.
Knockmore were missing their minor lads that day & now ballina will be missing cafferkey.
Everyone from knockmore that day left with the feeling that if we were to get another shot at ballina we'd take them and i still feel thats the case
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

An Cnoc Mor

I agree with Mayo4sam. Kilcoyne hit a load of wides in the first game. It will be tough though. Hopefully the lads will play as well as they played in the semi, if they do we are in with a great chance. It definitely won't be a runaway by either of the two teams involved as Ballina were impressive against Burrishoole in their semi I believe. Why will Cafferkey be missing for this game? He played against Burrishoole and played a blinder or so I was told.

AbbeySider

Out of curiosity were any of you at Ballina Vs Ballintubber in Park earlier in the U-21 championship ?
Ballintubber lead by 5 points at half time but Ballina came back to dominate the second half.
Ballina ended wining by a point but Ballintubber kicked it away with a few costly wides late in the second half.

Thrilling game all the same. Was there many GAA boardsters there?  ???

StoneWall

There are talks of changing the league structure for next year. All senior teams in Division 1, intermediate in Division 2 etc.

westmayo

That seems to be the talk alright Stone Wall, a straight restructure with all senior clubs in Division One next year. It's a bit of farce continuing the league to its conclusion if they're going to do this. And what of the likes of Belmullett who have had a great league season and are going to get sent back to division two even after finshing very high up in the league.

Farrandeelin

Lads, I used to be Cnoc Mor. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Redgreenery

Hard luck to Crossmolina yesterday. Shocked at the loss.

Best of luck to Bridgets!!

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 13, 2006, 01:05:53 PM
Stephenite I dont know if i said dont turn up but i expect knockmore to win this one.
The first match was a cracking game and ballina deservedly won but the margin was a little deceiving.
Knockmore conceded 3 goals that day to campion, having watched him over the summer i dont think he can do that again.
Knockmore were missing their minor lads that day & now ballina will be missing cafferkey.
Everyone from knockmore that day left with the feeling that if we were to get another shot at ballina we'd take them and i still feel thats the case

Fair enough - I do remember you saying that after the game alright, why is Gerry out? I've texted a few lads back home and they weren't aware and expect him to play?

venter

Now for ya, out on our ear! Thats fierce disappointing. I thought the form showed in the county final replay was good enough to take us a long way this year. However that form was isolated enough considering the low scoring return from play  in the semi and the first county final. Balls.

Fair play to Brigids! The resurgence in Ros football could continue if they manage to beat Corofin. I would imagine that they have every chance!

Mayo4Sam

Reading in the paper yesterday i see he played at the weekend. What i was going on was his brother saying he wouldn't be able to get much use out of his scholarship cause he was injured but he's obviously fit enough to play, which i'm glad to see, wouldn't like to be giving any excuses to ballina  ;)
I can see this being a low scoring affair and knockmore's backs look impressive, esp with young naughton in at full back, cant see him making the mistakes that let campion in for his goals

Farrandeelin

I certainly hope we win this game., be it high scoring or low scoring. I agree with Mayo4sam, the backs were great the last day(we're not the parish of backs for nothing ;)). And it was young McLoughlin who was full back Mayo4sam!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

No it was paul coleman who was FB the first day against ballina, Mclaughlin was out becasue the county minors were playign kerry taht weekend.
Gerry cafferkey will be playing but is only able to play one day a week & will be lucky to play the full game had to move from CB to FB for the last 10 minutes of the semi and could barely walk the next day.
Hopefully its something he can sort out over the next year cause he looks like a great propect.