The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: gallsman on July 15, 2018, 06:29:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 06:25:10 PM
Defo penalty, his hand deflected the ball...

France best team by a large margin this tournament, came through the harder draw and won through..

Croatia must feel bad as they'd good possession but couldn't convert

But that's not the rule?

Quote from: David McKeown on July 15, 2018, 05:49:08 PM
VAR ruined the final which is a real pity.

It didn't.

Sight of Modric hugging his President and getting beamed around the world is hilarious given he's been indicted on perjury charges.

I think we will agree to disagree on that.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

quit yo jibbajabba

The President looked like she'd had a few sherberts

Capt Pat

France are deserving winners in the end. They made the most of their luck in this game though. This game wasn't a classic it was all about the errors really. Getting the own goal and an accidental penalty set up the win.

Milltown Row2

Sid did you miss the post on the English men having the craic in 2017? Gallsman missed it also but sure, suit your own narrative
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 08:55:22 PM
Sid did you miss the post on the English men having the craic in 2017? Gallsman missed it also but sure, suit your own narrative

Maybe you should continue to spout on about rules that aren't actually anything to do with the laws of the game.

seafoid

I watched the match in France. It was le "let's go fukcing mental" after the third goal.
France were more economical with their chances.  Croatia did a lot of huffing and puffing with no end result
Would love to see a team from Eastern Europe winning next time.
Croatia have a lot to be proud of.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Was hoping the rain near the end would help the Croatian President win the Wet T-shirt competition ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 15, 2018, 09:02:47 PM

Maybe you should continue to spout on about rules that aren't actually anything to do with the laws of the game.
So you are not going to question the link?

Your are a bigger d**khead than him it seems.. his hand stopped the ball, I'd say 4 professional referees are more intelligent than you on the rules.. penalty, even the Croatian fans here didn't complain, but sure carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Was in Croker today so only catching up with World Cup now. This peno you are bickering about did the ref give it and go to VAR to reinforce that or did the VAR referees contact him and tell him to look?

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on July 15, 2018, 10:27:40 PM
Was in Croker today so only catching up with World Cup now. This peno you are bickering about did the ref give it and go to VAR to reinforce that or did the VAR referees contact him and tell him to look?

The latter

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 09:09:26 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 15, 2018, 09:02:47 PM

So you are not going to question the link?

Your are a bigger d**khead than him it seems.. his hand stopped the ball, I'd say 4 professional referees are more intelligent than you on the rules.. penalty, even the Croatian fans here didn't complain, but sure carry on

What are you shiting on about now? The ball hitting his hand is not in dispute. The key point in the relevant law is that it has to be a deliberate act. Lineker read the thing or on air ffs.

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2018, 09:08:07 PM
Was hoping the rain near the end would help the Croatian President win the Wet T-shirt competition ;)

That's not her.

Milltown Row2

The referee has to decide whether or not the hand was in an unnatural position, that's why the VAR lads made it his decision to make, real time or slow mo the ref has decided that it was handball..

Irrespective of that the best team overall won out, and regardless me winning a bet I wanted Croatia to win, they accepted the call, even the Germans besides me decked out in Croatian tops agreed..

But you'll continue to disagree with the ref and that's fine, but give him some credit, he didn't decide at the time but on reflection came to a different call, I wish I had that opportunity every week

gallsman

That's not the arguement you made though, is it? You never said anything about the referee's judgment. What you said was:

The logical assumption here is that this is the totality of everything you have to say on the matter. His hand deflected the ball, ergo penalty. Which isn't what the law says, is it?

As for your other nonsense, I haven't disagreed with the decision at all. I can see equally how the ref chose to give it and how so many people see it the other way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 15, 2018, 10:59:33 PM
That's not the arguement you made though, is it? You never said anything about the referee's judgment. What you said was:

The logical assumption here is that this is the totality of everything you have to say on the matter. His hand deflected the ball, ergo penalty. Which isn't what the law says, is it?

As for your other nonsense, I haven't disagreed with the decision at all. I can see equally how the ref chose to give it and how so many people see it the other way.

So it's ok to deflect the ball with your hand? cause that's not written in the rules it's ok, hmm

His hand did deflect the ball! If it didnt touch the ball it would have traveled further into the box! And possibly into an attackers path! Or even another own!

You still haven't addressed the link I put up for the English lads who preferred to be Nazis in 2017, not 1995, neither has Sid but he's a clown

Boycey

Only saw it once in slow motion on the news and thought it was a penalty but slow motion doesn't always help... Don't like the ref overruling his original decision to give it cause it's subjective. Sometimes you'll get it sometime s you won't.

Glad he did though cause it helped me get a bet up worth €1350 that I put on this morning on a whim as I waited on my lift.

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2018, 11:05:33 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 15, 2018, 10:59:33 PM

So it's ok to deflect the ball with your hand? cause that's not written in the rules it's ok, hmm

His hand did deflect the ball! If it didnt touch the ball it would have traveled further into the box! And possibly into an attackers path! Or even another own!

You still haven't addressed the link I put up for the English lads who preferred to be Nazis in 2017, not 1995, neither has Sid but he's a clown

No one is saying it didn't hit his hand you absolute numpty!

The point is, by the law, it HAS to be a deliberate action. Assessing whether or not it was deliberate is where it becomes subjective ffs.

What have I to address in your link?! You're all over the shop.