The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on December 10, 2018, 10:01:48 AM
Good weekend all things considered. Massive week coming up now.

When you look back at the games so far its incredible that Liverpool are top given that they have not played particularly well in a  lot of games and had a few massive slices of luck (the derby, City penalty etc). Despite the desperation of some United fans to have Liverpool seen as favourites or "Champions Elect"  , (presumably so they can gloat on here when their rivals from across the city win it ::)::) )  I do not think I have spoken to one Liverpool fan who would have Liverpool as anything other than an outside chance. Liverpool have just got over the line in a few games while City, bar the match on Saturday have pretty much cruised through the first half of the season without their best player. Its a sign of how good the results have been that Spurs, despite their best ever start are six points back however I would not rule them out of mounting a challenge. You look at Liverpool's fixtures from now to the City game and you could see Spurs closing the gap by then.

United will be a real test this Sunday as despite how poorly they  have been for big parts of this year, Mourinho always does well at Liverpool and he knows how to set teams up when he is the underdog. Unfortunately if United were really 6/1 I think that is a great bet.

Here's the reality though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTWnIfr_ky8
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Theres a right bit of Murphy's dog syndrome on here  ;)

Milltown Row2

The same gobshites that go on the other threads  ;D

Nothing won on a chat room, during the 80's I actually enjoyed Liverpool's success in Europe and watching them on Match of the day. I even congratulated them after they beat Utd at a Old Trafford when I was there, so many great players on one pitch..

The internet has intensified hatred between clubs and supporters. While there was always a healthy dislike for rival teams it's actually turned people into a bunch of hateful cnuts, who'll actually loose their mind after a defeat, whereas the multi millionaire will get in his Porsche and go home!

Rashford to take the spoils .. going for a 0-1 Utd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

I see Joe Gomez has signed a new deal, hopefully get him back playing soon as he's been having a great season. Massive future ahead of him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Denn Forever

Quote from: laoislad on December 10, 2018, 12:25:34 PM
I see Joe Gomez has signed a new deal, hopefully get him back playing soon as he's been having a great season. Massive future ahead of him.

Don't want to rush him unless the Treatment station beside Sturridge is free.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2018, 10:14:20 AM
Quote from: TabClear on December 10, 2018, 10:01:48 AM
Good weekend all things considered. Massive week coming up now.

When you look back at the games so far its incredible that Liverpool are top given that they have not played particularly well in a  lot of games and had a few massive slices of luck (the derby, City penalty etc). Despite the desperation of some United fans to have Liverpool seen as favourites or "Champions Elect"  , (presumably so they can gloat on here when their rivals from across the city win it ::)::) )  I do not think I have spoken to one Liverpool fan who would have Liverpool as anything other than an outside chance. Liverpool have just got over the line in a few games while City, bar the match on Saturday have pretty much cruised through the first half of the season without their best player. Its a sign of how good the results have been that Spurs, despite their best ever start are six points back however I would not rule them out of mounting a challenge. You look at Liverpool's fixtures from now to the City game and you could see Spurs closing the gap by then.

United will be a real test this Sunday as despite how poorly they  have been for big parts of this year, Mourinho always does well at Liverpool and he knows how to set teams up when he is the underdog. Unfortunately if United were really 6/1 I think that is a great bet.

Here's the reality though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTWnIfr_ky8

;D

TabClear

Grujic seems to be doing well at Hertha. Named in the European Team of the Week by an Italian paper and good reports in general. I still have high hopes for him, he has always impressed when I have seen him and at 22 there could still be a role for him at Liverpool.

https://www.givemesport.com/1428037-how-european-media-have-reacted-to-marko-grujics-performances-this-season?autoplay=off

markl121

I didn't know we still owned him. Is Markovic still about?

Gabriel_Hurl

I think I saw he scored for the U23's last week. His deal is up in the summer

markl121

Ridiculous signing he was. I assumed at the time he would be good considering how much he cost

gawa316

#LFC starting XI v Napoli: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi
Andy Robertson makes his 50th appearance for the club

TheMaster

Quote from: markl121 on December 10, 2018, 10:21:37 PM
Ridiculous signing he was. I assumed at the time he would be good considering how much he cost

He had a decent first season then went downhill after that. Was on loan at Hull at one stage?

TheMaster

Should be comfortable win today. Expect at least 3 goals. Napoli are poor on the road and Anfield atmosphere will spur the pool on

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on December 11, 2018, 06:47:57 PM
#LFC starting XI v Napoli: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi
Andy Robertson makes his 50th appearance for the club

Back to Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum...?? :-\

That midfield has not been too good so far. They were totally dominated by Verratti in the last match.