The Players Championship 2008 - TPC Sawgrass

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

were going to fly into orlando, hadnt thought of the disney course but will check it out, i'd love to play a few pga courses. i think if you stay at the hotel at sawgrass you get a tee time so thats probably the plan.

tyronefan

The magnolia course at Disney is where the pga tournament is held also not far from Disney there is Champions gate where the pga father and son tournament is held. These tournaments are help around oct/nov so these courses are in brilliant shape.
One of the guides at Sawgrass told us that approx 20 pga professionals live in Sawgrass and regularly play there, Vijay Singh was in the 4 ball behind us.
You will also get a free bag tag when you finish the game, They will engrave your name on it if you ask them.
Make sure you get on the right course as there are 2 courses, The players course has the famous 17th

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on May 08, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 09:38:04 PM
played it last year  hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

no way - hope to play it this year around sept/oct with the brother and a few friends. any advice on deals? did ye stay at the course?

the 17th would be an 8 iron for me but i'm not sure about 70 out of 100 az! its one thing to hit a straight 8 iron its another to get it to stop on that small green, anyway cant wait to play it..

Sounds a bit ridiculous to me too especially as if you land near the edge its likely to roll into the pond making the green even smaller for a non-pro,for a amateur it would be incredibly hard to have a 70% success rate if you ask me
Saw a stat from todays play that 10 out of 92 golfers found the water
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyronefan

2 lads with me both hit 3 balls each into the water, 16 and 18 handicappers. the green is very hard to hold

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 11:06:38 PM
2 lads with me both hit 3 balls each into the water, 16 and 18 handicappers. the green is very hard to hold

Maybe AZ is talking about playing the hole on the Playstation  :D
I got a hole in one on the the 17th at Sawgrass on the PS2  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyronefan

very good  did they throw you into the water  :D :D

stephenite

I'd put 100 balls into the water guaranteed - trying to get back into the game - if there's water around it's all I can see and the ball is 100% guaranteed to hit it regardless of whether it's on my left, right or even f**king behind me. Doing my nut in :(

Rossie11

You'd be a good man to have in the desert Stephenite.. Better than any divining rod..  ;D

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2008, 11:00:41 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on May 08, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 09:38:04 PM
played it last year  hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

no way - hope to play it this year around sept/oct with the brother and a few friends. any advice on deals? did ye stay at the course?

the 17th would be an 8 iron for me but i'm not sure about 70 out of 100 az! its one thing to hit a straight 8 iron its another to get it to stop on that small green, anyway cant wait to play it..

Sounds a bit ridiculous to me too especially as if you land near the edge its likely to roll into the pond making the green even smaller for a non-pro,for a amateur it would be incredibly hard to have a 70% success rate if you ask me
Saw a stat from todays play that 10 out of 92 golfers found the water

If you found your rythmn on one shot over and over again - its not that difficult to hit the same shot with around a 70% average. 100 shots from the tee is different than walking onto the tee 100 times after playing 16 other holes and having one shot to hit the green.

magickingdom

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2008, 11:09:31 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 11:06:38 PM

Maybe AZ is talking about playing the hole on the Playstation  :D
I got a hole in one on the the 17th at Sawgrass on the PS2  ;D

your a legend LL!

looks like an exciting finish coming up...

Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 10:57:17 PM
The magnolia course at Disney is where the pga tournament is held also not far from Disney there is Champions gate where the pga father and son tournament is held. These tournaments are help around oct/nov so these courses are in brilliant shape.
One of the guides at Sawgrass told us that approx 20 pga professionals live in Sawgrass and regularly play there, Vijay Singh was in the 4 ball behind us.
You will also get a free bag tag when you finish the game, They will engrave your name on it if you ask them.
Make sure you get on the right course as there are 2 courses, The players course has the famous 17th

thanks tyronefan, i'll make sure i get the bag tag engraved. love to have that.

The Real Laoislad

And we have a Playoff come on Garcia i have a lot of money to gain from this!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magickingdom

garcia the man!

bty 15% of the 420 odd shots on the 17th this week went into the water..

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM
Looking forward to this,love this course especially the 17th which is probably the best par 3 hole in the world
Whose going to win it is anyone guess especially as Tiger isn't competing..
Can Harrington do the business? and will it be a tainted win for whoever wins it with the World's best player not involved?
Im going to have a punt on Garcia to win

€25 each way at 35/1 get in there you f**king beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats €1,143.75 baby yeah f**king yeah  :) :) :) :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on May 12, 2008, 12:32:26 AM
garcia the man!

bty 15% of the 420 odd shots on the 17th this week went into the water..

Aye but AZBiffo would probably have got 4 or 5 hole in ones  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Sergio played the best all week. Fully deserved victory but my heart goes out to Goydas - for him to win would have been fairytale stuff. A true sportsman and very very gracious in defeat. Probably be the most famous moment of his career.