The Players Championship 2008 - TPC Sawgrass

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Looking forward to this,love this course especially the 17th which is probably the best par 3 hole in the world
Whose going to win it is anyone guess especially as Tiger isn't competing..
Can Harrington do the business? and will it be a tainted win for whoever wins it with the World's best player not involved?
Im going to have a punt on Garcia to win
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

http://www.texaschapbookpress.com/magellanslog80/seventeenthhole.htm

www.bettingzone.co.uk
Anyone check this site out for tips? Has a fairly good golf record.
Had Lawrie last week @ 90/1  :o

5 Sams

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM
Looking forward to this,love this course especially the 17th which is probably the best par 3 hole in the world

The Aristocrat Years

Rossie11

Doogie Browser

Fiver each way on Cink, hope his name is not an omen for the 17th  :P

Gabriel_Hurl

Given 100 Balls - how many could you putt (pardon the pun) on the 17th green from your tee shot?

AZOffaly

what's the distance? If I could use a 6 iron or less, I'd say 70-75 at least.

Minder

Its actually seen as pretty easy hole other than the fact its at the 17th,if it was at the 3rd the scoring would be a lot better at it. Its the fact that you could be having a good round and it could be fucked with one bad shot with no chance of turning things around.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

130 yards. Green only about 15 by 25 yards.
Would be happy put 20-30 on it

AZOffaly

I'd hit an 8 Iron to that so, and I'd be confident of landing at least 70 on it.

Puckoon

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 08, 2008, 05:00:45 PM
130 yards. Green only about 15 by 25 yards.
Would be happy put 20-30 on it

130 - unless its uphill would be a pitching wedge or a punched 9. Like to say Id put 75 out of the last 85 id strike on it.

Maybe I need another thread - but I just bought the Taylor made R5 at christmas. Had it out this past few weekends and boy is it the driver for me. Was previously holding the Callaway X460 and couldnt hit a barn door with it, but the R5 just gets me going. Its a great feeling to no longer feel stressed out when walking to the tee box.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyronefan

played it last year  hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

magickingdom

Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 09:38:04 PM
played it last year  hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

no way - hope to play it this year around sept/oct with the brother and a few friends. any advice on deals? did ye stay at the course?

the 17th would be an 8 iron for me but i'm not sure about 70 out of 100 az! its one thing to hit a straight 8 iron its another to get it to stop on that small green, anyway cant wait to play it..

tyronefan

Quote from: magickingdom on May 08, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 09:38:04 PM
played it last year hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

no way - hope to play it this year around sept/oct with the brother and a few friends. any advice on deals? did ye stay at the course?

the 17th would be an 8 iron for me but i'm not sure about 70 out of 100 az! its one thing to hit a straight 8 iron its another to get it to stop on that small green, anyway cant wait to play it..

Was there last Nov  weather was fantastic, Friend of mine was involved with the Ryder cup in Ireland and we were invited to play. We spent the week in Orlando and drove to Sawgrass approx 2 hours. Played several other courses around Orlando including Disney the week after the pga tournament. Some great courses in the Orlando area, several pga tournament courses