The Players Championship 2008 - TPC Sawgrass

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Puckoon on May 11, 2008, 05:15:31 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2008, 11:00:41 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on May 08, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 09:38:04 PM
played it last year  hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

no way - hope to play it this year around sept/oct with the brother and a few friends. any advice on deals? did ye stay at the course?

the 17th would be an 8 iron for me but i'm not sure about 70 out of 100 az! its one thing to hit a straight 8 iron its another to get it to stop on that small green, anyway cant wait to play it..

Sounds a bit ridiculous to me too especially as if you land near the edge its likely to roll into the pond making the green even smaller for a non-pro,for a amateur it would be incredibly hard to have a 70% success rate if you ask me
Saw a stat from todays play that 10 out of 92 golfers found the water

If you found your rythmn on one shot over and over again - its not that difficult to hit the same shot with around a 70% average. 100 shots from the tee is different than walking onto the tee 100 times after playing 16 other holes and having one shot to hit the green.

Exactly Puckoon. That's what I was thinking. I'd expect to hit 5 or 6 into the water out of the first 10, but the average would go up as you get into a groove. If you asked me how many times I would hit the green if I played 100 rounds there, I'd be more like 50% I'd say.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 12, 2008, 10:19:09 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on May 11, 2008, 05:15:31 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2008, 11:00:41 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on May 08, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 08, 2008, 09:38:04 PM
played it last year  hit a 9 iron 125yds and was 4 inchs from the pin  went on to get my birdie

no way - hope to play it this year around sept/oct with the brother and a few friends. any advice on deals? did ye stay at the course?

the 17th would be an 8 iron for me but i'm not sure about 70 out of 100 az! its one thing to hit a straight 8 iron its another to get it to stop on that small green, anyway cant wait to play it..

Sounds a bit ridiculous to me too especially as if you land near the edge its likely to roll into the pond making the green even smaller for a non-pro,for a amateur it would be incredibly hard to have a 70% success rate if you ask me
Saw a stat from todays play that 10 out of 92 golfers found the water

If you found your rythmn on one shot over and over again - its not that difficult to hit the same shot with around a 70% average. 100 shots from the tee is different than walking onto the tee 100 times after playing 16 other holes and having one shot to hit the green.

Exactly Puckoon. That's what I was thinking. I'd expect to hit 5 or 6 into the water out of the first 10, but the average would go up as you get into a groove. If you asked me how many times I would hit the green if I played 100 rounds there, I'd be more like 50% I'd say.

Sure ya can claim you would do it all you want as its not likely you'll ever be able to prove it,I doubt your claims as i don't think any amateur golfer would get 70-75 from a 100 balls especially the way the wind can blow across that hole as we saw last night or maybe you also want perfect conditions too? 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

laoislad

Harrington going well.
Poulter leading, please God he doesn't win the thing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2008, 12:37:53 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM
Looking forward to this,love this course especially the 17th which is probably the best par 3 hole in the world
Whose going to win it is anyone guess especially as Tiger isn't competing..
Can Harrington do the business? and will it be a tainted win for whoever wins it with the World's best player not involved?
Im going to have a punt on Garcia to win

€25 each way at 35/1 get in there you f**king beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats €1,143.75 baby yeah f**king yeah  :) :) :) :)
Fcuk me can't believe it's 4 years since I won that bet. Haven't won a bet since!
Probably the last thing Garcia won as well.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggy90

f**king hell I've just seen that Kevin Stadler & I could have sworn it was his Old Fella. As the commentator says "Neither of them wearing out the gym" :P
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

the Deel Rover

Quote from: laoislad on May 10, 2012, 07:35:32 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2008, 12:37:53 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 07, 2008, 11:54:27 PM
Looking forward to this,love this course especially the 17th which is probably the best par 3 hole in the world
Whose going to win it is anyone guess especially as Tiger isn't competing..
Can Harrington do the business? and will it be a tainted win for whoever wins it with the World's best player not involved?
Im going to have a punt on Garcia to win

€25 each way at 35/1 get in there you f**king beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats €1,143.75 baby yeah f**king yeah  :) :) :) :)
Fcuk me can't believe it's 4 years since I won that bet. Haven't won a bet since!
Probably the last thing Garcia won as well.

I Think he won a couple of events towards the end of last year LL
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

whitegoodman

Any chance anyone who keeping up to date with the leaderboard can feed the updates during the afternoon on here, cant get access in work.

In particular Rory,G Mac and westwood, all 3 are out early.

lurganblue

Rory 2 under.

Had a couple of quid on crane at 66/1. Hope he continues todays round similar to yesterday

ziggy90

McIlroy -2 after 10, Westwood -1 after10. Leader Poulter -7, not out yet.

ziggy90

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 11, 2012, 02:48:41 PM
McIlroy -2 after 10, Westwood -1 after10. Leader Poulter -7, not out yet.

Whoops, I've just realised these are yesterdays rounds. :-[ Kevin Sadler gave it away. :-[

lurganblue

Rory evs through 5. Laird leading on 8 under