Paris

Started by Keepthefaith93, July 28, 2008, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keepthefaith93

Thinking of taking the wife to Paris. Anyone been? Whats it like?

Tankie

its a total rip off but if your cool with that its a nice place.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Norf Tyrone

Its very nice. The Eiffel tower is a must see.

Have you a hotel booked yet? We stayed in a very handy place last year. It's 5 mins walk from the Champs Elysees, reasonable and clean. Room was very small, but sure it was only for sleeping in.

Let me know and I'll dig out the name for you.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rois

Absolutely beautiful place and compared to Dublin, not that bad.

But if you haven't done London in a while, take her there instead.  Much better value and a lovely city.

Our Nail Loney

Was there two christmases ago for my birthday.

Class city, loadsa things to do. f**king dear for the drink though, searched everywhere for some cider, finally found magners and it was about 7euros a pint bottle! I stuck to the wine, cheap as f**k and blows the head off ya!

Be carefull ordering food, I near got raw steak one night. Thought I was class too speaking in french cuz i did french a level but I musta sounded like a right spa.

Hurt my foot as well when drunk and was hobbling about for a day, the day I went to the eiffel tower so didnt get that far up!

Stayed in montmartre, where the sacre coeur (which is class) is, dont go near it, the place is a dive, full of foreigners trying to sell ya drugs an all! Creepy as f**k at night.

Over the Bar

Paris is big, very big.  Therfore you will usually get very different stories from those who visit.   Some hate their experience (big city, impersonal, too much walking etc.) other love it.   Like everywhere you can get stroked if you are gullible or use our loaf and seek out more vfm.   Don't go paying  8-9 euros a pint tho as you can buy one at Dublin prices if you go get off the tourist trail.

Our Nail Loney

There was a load of walking but I didnt mind it until i bollocksed my foot

Thought I was king when I mastered the metro! Its deffo the way to go when you are there f**k the taxis.

The arc de triomphe was probably my favourite bit, the view from the top is unreal!

kinghen

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2008, 06:41:12 PM
Was there two christmases ago for my birthday.

Class city, loadsa things to do. f**king dear for the drink though, searched everywhere for some cider, finally found magners and it was about 7euros a pint bottle! I stuck to the wine, cheap as f**k and blows the head off ya!

Be carefull ordering food, I near got raw steak one night. Thought I was class too speaking in french cuz i did french a level but I musta sounded like a right spa.

Hurt my foot as well when drunk and was hobbling about for a day, the day I went to the eiffel tower so didnt get that far up!

Stayed in montmartre, where the sacre coeur (which is class) is, dont go near it, the place is a dive, full of foreigners trying to sell ya drugs an all! Creepy as f**k at night.

Our Nail Loney

Thought you would pounce on something in this thread you vulture.

EC Unique

Paris looks good to me ;D

kinghen

you shouldnt be going about boasting about your romantic trips away then should ya??? any planned for this year naill?

Our Nail Loney

Hardly boasting just answering a fellow poster looking a bitta advice, I am sure if there was a barcelona thread you'd be in like a rat up a drainpipe, or an economist up a doctor!

Anyway, re: Paris, yeah its good.

el_cuervo_fc

I was in Paris a few years ago and I was very surprised at how much i actually liked the place.  Some fantastic sites.  A lovely city

Dubh driocht