Frank Mitchell Forecasts Brazilian Weather for NI in 2014

Started by Evil Genius, October 03, 2011, 03:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

On one hand he says only a "very small number" of Norn Iron fans were there to cause trouble etc.

The he praises the IFA for "turn(ing) Windsor Park around". If it was only a very small minority what did the IFA need to do?

Orior

Frank will absolutely anything for a medal from the Queen of England. I mean anything.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: michaelg on October 03, 2011, 07:15:07 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 03, 2011, 05:01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3s9AIvi_o - lovely fans.
To be fair, a pile of Neo-Nazi Polish football hooligans came into that pub and picked a fight - What sort of reaction would you expect?

Surely the self appointed 'best fans in the world' would have turned the other cheek? :P

To be fair, some of you lot will find any way possible to deflect any bad press from the norn iron team.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

michaelg

Quote from: stew on October 03, 2011, 10:17:28 PM
To be fair, a pile of Neo-Nazi Polish football hooligans came into that pub and picked a fight - What sort of reaction would you expect?

Surely the self appointed 'best fans in the world' would have turned the other cheek? :P

To be fair, some of you lot will find any way possible to deflect any bad press from the norn iron team.
Not deflecting bad press, just providing a bit of context to the clip posted - If you were in Belfast that day you would know that there were a load of Polish hooligans looking for trouble - Incidentally, I would be the first to admit that there is still a smattering of pricks who give the majority of NI fans a bad name

The Worker

Quote from: michaelg on October 03, 2011, 10:29:18 PM

Not deflecting bad press, just providing a bit of context to the clip posted - If you were in Belfast that day you would know that there were a load of Polish hooligans looking for trouble - Incidentally, I would be the first to admit that there is still a smattering of pricks who give the majority of NI fans a bad name

i was in belfast that day, and to be honest i was pretty wary of the drunken northern ireland fans with their buckfast bottles around the lisburn road.

nifan

There where plenty of polish thugs over looking for a fight - but some of the behaviour from some ni fans was the worst ive seen in some time.
The fight in the bar is one thing - but afterwards there was some looking for trouble on the lisburn road - and it wasnt just the hardcore polish fans they where taking it out on.

gawa316

Have to admit i cowered into my pint in Ryan's that day. Could see it all kicking off from there, up near Hunters, but I'd be very much a 'flight' type of person as apposed to 'fight'. Me and the brother commented on a group of 'polish' fans before the trouble started. 8-10 big skin head feckers, don't know how but we just knew there was something in the atmosphere.

This subject has been done to death,I think it's pretty obvious that this 'polish' element went looking for trouble and there was a section of 'locals' who were happy to get involved, others hadn't a choice. When news of the trouble spread,you then had every scally in the vicinity looking to get in involved.

AQMP

Quote from: michaelg on October 03, 2011, 10:29:18 PM

Hey, leave the players out of this... ;)

NAG1

Only have to listen the great NI fans at the away games to know, it hasnt gone away! Anyone who thinks it has is a total fool, the IFA could see the writing on the wall money wise and knew they had to clean their image up and they have to a certain extent, but thats on the surface only.

stew

Quote from: NAG1 on October 04, 2011, 03:07:51 PM
Only have to listen the great NI fans at the away games to know, it hasnt gone away! Anyone who thinks it has is a total fool, the IFA could see the writing on the wall money wise and knew they had to clean their image up and they have to a certain extent, but thats on the surface only.
[/quote

They have to a great extent cleaned it up, that said there is still a good way to go, that much is obvious however I saw them first hand get all over a few dickheads who tried to start the party songs, they were not long in shutting their mouths.

It is more than surface deep, the have made strides and should be commended for that but Frank is living on a different planet if he thinks things are as rosy as he claims, they are not.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Leo

Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2011, 04:26:59 PM
Whose Frank Mitchell?

We really are an extraordinary bunch of isolationist neanderthals if we are reduced to creating a thread based upon something said by Mr Frank Identity-crises. F**ks sake.
Fierce tame altogether

nifan

Quote from: NAG1 on October 04, 2011, 03:07:51 PM

The fans where the main catalyst behind the change, not the IFA. They did bring in a guy who did a great job with the fans groups, community relations etc but apart from him they are fecking useless.
Surface only my arse, lots of good work has been done though nothing is perfect.

deiseach

That video is hilarious. There wasn't ever much of a problem, but now there's even less of a problem! I think Orior has the right of it, the boy sees himself in Buck House getting a gong from Maj for 'services to community relations' or something