Ireland A to play in Tallaght Stadium

Started by Tankie, October 02, 2009, 02:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

QuoteTallaght to host Argentina Jaguars

Ireland A will kick-off the November rugby internationals with a match against Tonga at Ravenhill before taking on the Argentina Jaguars at Shamrock Rovers' Tallaght Stadium a fortnight later, the IRFU has confirmed.

The Belfast game against Tonga on November 13th will open an exciting two weeks of rugby in which the senior side takes on Australia, Fiji and South Africa.

"These games will provide a great spectacle for the rugby fans in both Belfast and Tallaght as the Ireland A team will contain some of the top emerging talent in Irish Rugby. In terms of international experience, this will be vital as the national management continue to develop the depth of the international squads," IRFU director of rugby Eddie Wigglesworth said today.

"We are particularly excited about holding the first ever international game in Tallaght, something that we were conscious of when we selected the venue in terms of game development.

"The Tallaght Project, which began in 2001, has exposed over 6,000 children and adults to the game in the area to the point where Tallaght Rugby club has become a focal point in the local community.

"The game against the Argentina Jaguars continues that legacy by bringing international rugby to Tallaght to be enjoyed by current and prospective rugby players and supporters."

International Rugby in November

Ireland A v Tonga, Friday, November 13th, Ravenhill, Belfast (KO - TBC)

Ireland v Australia, Sunday, November 15th, Croke Park, Dublin (KO - 3pm)

Ireland v Fiji, Saturday, November 21st, RDS, Dublin (KO 5.15pm)

Ireland A v Argentina Jaguars, Friday, November 27th,Tallaght Stadium, Dublin (KO - TBC)

Ireland v South Africa, Saturday, November 28th, Croke Park, Dublin (KO - 2.30pm)

I think this is a good thing for Irish Rugby and Tallaght
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

It is not "Shamrock Rover's Stadium"  ;)
And I'm sure Tallaght has more pressing needs than a fcukin pretend International rugby game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tankie

just thought it would be good for the people of tallaght to see to top class players playing rugby in a non traditional area or venue......you really need to calm down
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

magickingdom

great to see, i also see in todays times that stadium owners south dublin county council are considering using it for underage gaa in the near future. i love to see community projects like that. . .

Rossfan

Quote from: magickingdom on October 02, 2009, 07:43:05 PM
....see in todays times that stadium owners south dublin county council are considering using it for underage gaa in the near future. i love to see community projects like that. . .
As I said it's not Shams Stadium  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM