Páidí Ó Sé

Started by 5 Sams, December 15, 2012, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Shocking news. He'll be dearly missed by his family and friends.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

balladmaker

Very sad news, tragic for any family at anytime, one of the greats whose legend will live on for many years to come ... RIP Paidi.

rodney trotter

His brother Michael died too of a hearth attack a few years ago. Father of Dara,Tomas and Marc.

Captain Obvious

Another GAA great gone from us. RIP Paidi.

seafoid

Beidh cuimhne air go deo. RIP.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

anglocelt39

Grew up watching him compete with manic intensity on a great Kerry Team, I think there is some incredible statistic as to the number of All Ireland finals he played in (7?? 9???) and his direct opposite number scored a sum total of one point from play on him. I'm open to correction on the exact stat but certainly said it all about the man from an era when man to man match ups were a huge part of the game.

My he rest in peace.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Tubberman

Quote from: anglocelt39 on December 15, 2012, 05:39:18 PM
Grew up watching him compete with manic intensity on a great Kerry Team, I think there is some incredible statistic as to the number of All Ireland finals he played in (7?? 9???) and his direct opposite number scored a sum total of one point from play on him. I'm open to correction on the exact stat but certainly said it all about the man from an era when man to man match ups were a huge part of the game.

My he rest in peace.

From reading the tributes to him, it was 10 All-Ireland finals, and only 1 point sccored by the man he was marking. An amazing statistic.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

bennydorano

RIP. Hadn't heard & i was opening the thread hoping it wasn't what i thought it was going to be, unfortunately there seems to be a lot of them lately. Sad news again.

thejuice

Very sad news to hear. A giant has dissappeared off the GAA landscape. Leaving some enormous footprints it must be said.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

Shocked to hear this, a legend of the GAA world and one of the greats.
Go ndéanfaidh Dia trócaire ar a anam uasal.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

the Deel Rover

Afull sad news couldn't believe it when i first heard it Today. A legend of the game hard to believe that he is dead at  just 57 years of age. Loved watching him play and speak about his love of gaelic games , Kerry and the gaeltacht. One of the best weekends we had was when we went down to play in his tournament around 1999 and meet the legend in the flesh  . Thoughts and prayers are with his family. May he rest in peace .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Oraisteach

The term "one of the greats" is often overused, but it certainly applies to Paidi O'Se. 

BennyHarp

Genuinely shocked and saddened by the news about Paidi. Been down to his tournament on a few occasions in the past and he was always a great host. A true legend of the game. May he rest in peace!
That was never a square ball!!

magpie seanie

Very sorry and shocked to hear the news of Paidi's untimely passing. As Oraisteach said sometimes we use words like legend to freely but undoubtedly he was a legend of gaelic football. RIP.