?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

deiseach

Quote from: T Fearon on March 25, 2010, 03:12:08 PM
Time needs to be taken to identify a long term  candidate, but I feel Lennon and Mc Grain should be able to ensure a Scottish Cup win

;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2010, 02:15:20 PM
Possibly the worst result in Celtic's illustrious history >:( Only Keane looked as if he cared.

Blame must lie with Mowbray (and those who appointed him), every signing he made was a disaster and don't dare tell me if Mc Manus, Robson, Caldwell and Hartley had been out there to-day, that Ross Co would have won 2-0. >:(

Actually toyed with the idea of going over for this, thank fcuk I didn't >:(
the same mcmanus, caldwell, hartley etc that hav failed this past couple of years?

cop on tony
they were not good enough las year
they were not good enough any year (robson was ok but continually inj this past two seasons, hartley too old and past it as seen by his last year at Celtic).

this still isn mowbrays team
the fault lies in that he didnt make the changes when he first came in
the celtic side have as I said before, got even worse since mowbray left

I posted before, what sense was there in discarding a manager who was starting to get the side doing ok and stop shipping goals(apart from the st mirren result - where they conceded three on the break as they went all out to try and score).
Sacking mowbray at the end of the season was the sensible move, esp while still in with a great chance of at least getting the cup.
putting in a rookie with no clue of man management or coaching shows that the celtic board are a joke.
cant blame lennon - its not his fault he isnt good enough or has no exp - he is a supporter and its a dream job to get to manage Celtic.
The buck stops with directors in appointing cheap managers since MON left.
Yes - cheap - they may have coust a few million in payoffs etc or whatever, but neither have won feck all or done anything outside of Celtic.
Speculate to accumulate and if Celtic want success they need a man with exp.
the spl and glasgow in particular are not the best to attract anyone (managers or players), so money needs to be spent.

Now we have to add ross county to the list of shameful results
ICT, clyde, artmedia ...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2010, 02:21:57 PM
Feel sorry for Neil Lennon. He surely will not be considered for the post now on a permanent basis, yet this wasn't his team at all.

Such is life, I suppose, but who th fcuk in their right mind, of any calibre, will be interested in the job now >:(
yep
still mostly strachans side - as mowbray bought lads who have spent all the time in the treatment room apart from Keane (who causes problems by all celtic players looking to play EVERYTHING through him and neglect to attempt shots themselves)

Club Rossa

Too many players going through the motions today,County were well up for it and totally deserved the win.

lynchbhoy

maybe LDA can tell is if part of the problem was that Lennon and mcgrain 'didnt fully appreciate' the challenge for the 'old firm' clubs !!

Norf Tyrone

Flicked over for the start of the second half and until the goal, I actually started to believe that Ross County wore hoops too, and Celtic were in an away jersey of Navy.

Shocking. The lad Thompson at the back looked totally lost.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

Not one of Mowbrays signings have worked, and Rangers thrive with players of limited ability who would nevertheless die for the jersey. I would describe players like Mc Manus and Caldwell as players of that ilk. If they had been in the team, along with Robson and Mc Donald etc, we wouldn't be getting thumped by Ross County and St Mirren. At the end of the day, new manager's arrive with a simple enough brief, arrest decline and in that regard Mowbray was a disaster, while Strachan was successful.

Lennon was on a hiding to nothing. He would have got little credit for winning the Cup but will now get pelters for this defeat and the team wasn't his.

The likes of Samaras, Fortune etc should never wear the Hoops again.

Archie Mitchell

tyroneman

Totally disgusted with how far Celtic have fallen in the space of 2 seasons. Lot of blame must lie with the board who have been more concerned with penny pinching than ensuring domination in the SPL.

Sad thing is they will prob spend big now to get back to the level where we could have stayed at with medium investment at the right time.

Bottom line is that not 1 of the players on show would have got near MONs team in thier pomp - and that includes Keane.

T Fearon

FFS Keane at least tried, when he of all people could be forgiven for asking himself what the fcuk has was doing there and not giving a fcuk.

The bottom line is simple, Mowbray ripped the heart out of the team and replaced it with a powder puff belly.

Two seasons ago Celtic fought like tigers and won 5 or 6 on the trot under extreme pressure to win the league. Last year the league would have been won if Hibs had been beaten in the second last game and you certainly couldn't fault the effort that day.

The difference is that Scottish born players who know the passion and demands are now helping Middlesbro into a play offs place and their replacements haven't a clue and don't  give a shit either >:(

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2010, 03:38:19 PM
Not one of Mowbrays signings have worked, and Rangers thrive with players of limited ability who would nevertheless die for the jersey. I would describe players like Mc Manus and Caldwell as players of that ilk. If they had been in the team, along with Robson and Mc Donald etc, we wouldn't be getting thumped by Ross County and St Mirren. At the end of the day, new manager's arrive with a simple enough brief, arrest decline and in that regard Mowbray was a disaster, while Strachan was successful.

Lennon was on a hiding to nothing. He would have got little credit for winning the Cup but will now get pelters for this defeat and the team wasn't his.

The likes of Samaras, Fortune etc should never wear the Hoops again.
firstly Celtic were off the boil in MON's last season due to the manager's attention being elsewhere- so the side while maybe not as good as they were but were far from a bad side.
an Injection of younger players of the same calibre were needed. Not for  the existing players to be fallen out with and dropped/sold due to the stroppy manager.

secondly, the players you mentioned above - mcmanus, caldwell, mcdonald, robson etc were all there last season when they capitulated as well as when they were humbled by other teams during strachans tenure , so the st mirren result is just another bad one to add to the list of what went before.

while I think keane distracts the rest of the side too much, his goals more or less indicate that his signing has worked. The opposite can be said of fortune. The rest have all been inj though looked good in the small bit ogf gametime they had.

middlesboro's movement has been out and away from promotion place - from third down to ninth recently.

lenon was already getting credit from the likes of yourself and lauding mcgrains tenure - the two lads dont have the exp.
Neiter did strachan or mowbray.
If celtic dont start spending the cash on a manager that can manage, that is tactically aware and can man manage (all items lacking from the last two men) - then they will continue to be second in the spl.
the money is there !

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2010, 05:20:20 PM
FFS Keane at least tried, when he of all people could be forgiven for asking himself what the fcuk has was doing there and not giving a fcuk.

The bottom line is simple, Mowbray ripped the heart out of the team and replaced it with a powder puff belly.

Two seasons ago Celtic fought like tigers and won 5 or 6 on the trot under extreme pressure to win the league. Last year the league would have been won if Hibs had been beaten in the second last game and you certainly couldn't fault the effort that day.

The difference is that Scottish born players who know the passion and demands are now helping Middlesbro into a play offs place and their replacements haven't a clue and don't  give a shit either >:(
balls
Celtic lay down like powder puffs last season and blew a 9 point lead

mowbray didnt make it any better an thus failed.
equal to strachan, and I am sure if rangers had le guen etc there he would have emulated strachan in winning a title !

Minder

Just saw the interview with Lennon there, he looked as if he had seen a ghost
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shrewdness

What an absolute joke Celtic have become as a team, an absolute shambles. It shows the direction that Robbie Keane's career is heading when he has sought refuge there.

I grew up supporting United, but in an era when Celtic and Liverpool were powerhouses with every player a good one.
Nowadays, both clubs are overloaded with second rate foreigners, and that for me is where both clubs have gone wrong.

If you took the pick of the current Celtic and Liverpool teams, you wouldn't get half a good team.

By the way, Neil Lennon is not the long term answer to Celtic's problems, but i know who is.

IF he would accept the job, the man to lead Celtic is ROY HODGSON. Remember where you read it first.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2010, 02:15:20 PM
Possibly the worst result in Celtic's illustrious history >:( Only Keane looked as if he cared.

Blame must lie with Mowbray (and those who appointed him), every signing he made was a disaster and don't dare tell me if Mc Manus, Robson, Caldwell and Hartley had been out there to-day, that Ross Co would have won 2-0. >:(

Actually toyed with the idea of going over for this, thank fcuk I didn't >:(
Agree 100%. Send for Paul Lambert.