62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Archie Mitchell

clarshack

illdecide

F**k that...Hoors

Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) v RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
Celtic FC (SCO) v Arsenal FC (ENG)
FC Timişoara (ROU) v VfB Stuttgart (GER)
Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v ACF Fiorentina (ITA)
Panathinaikos FC (GRE) v Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

celtic have beaten man utd, liverpool & blackburn this decade in europe. why not arsenal?

Over the Bar

Mobray has Arsenal's number.  Fear not.

Archie Mitchell

Also Rangers could go into the 2nd group of seeds if 2 of Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting and Panathinaikos fail to qualify as they are seeded above Rangers.

lfdown2

any of ye's know of the chances of an away ticket?

T Fearon

First leg at Parkhead will be crucial. I watched Arse chicken out under a fierce atmosphere at Anfield in the Champions League qtr final in 2008. The Celtic support can effectively win this one and hopefully if they can keep a clean sheet at home you'd never know. Hull City thwarted Arsenal in the Premiership at the Heamorrhoids last year as well

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T Fearon on August 07, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
First leg at Parkhead will be crucial. I watched Arse chicken out under a fierce atmosphere at Anfield in the Champions League qtr final in 2008. The Celtic support can effectively win this one and hopefully if they can keep a clean sheet at home you'd never know. Hull City thwarted Arsenal in the Premiership at the Heamorrhoids last year as well

Hull City then went on to twart Tottingham at the fortress white hart lane.
Tottingham got the ultimate revenge in lifting the prestigious Barclays Asia Cup 2009 - easily winning 3-0 in the final! ;D

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

lynchbhoy

Well Celtic CAN win through this
Arsenal are not firing on all cylindrs right now as their season is still a couple of weeks away and Celtic have had two good games against dinamo moscow. OK moscow were not a fantastic side, but it shows the difference between being up and running as a side and coming into a game 'cold' as Celtic were in the first leg. That will be Arsenal in the first leg v Celtic , so while they will prob go all out to be defensive (a thing that I dont think Arsenal sides under wenger do very well esp in recent years) Celtic need to get at least a goal at home and a win is pretty important.
Would be reasonably confident that all going well a result can be had against a side that will be good this season but could be caught a bit cold right now.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 07, 2009, 12:33:46 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8189448.stm - Hartson
Excellent stuff, god bless him.

Re the Arsenal game, Celtic have to fear no one, United tore Arsenal apart only 4 months ago.  Belief is the key, do not lose at home!!

Gunnergael

The Celts will struggle to get the ball of Arsenal.  After watching the 3-0 dismantling of the Scottish League champions 2008/2009 in the Emirates Cup by a 17 year old, Scotlands second best team should hold no fears.  Always difficult to beat at fortress Parkhead though....

Hound

Quote from: T Fearon on August 07, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
Having the 1st leg at home is very unfortunate for Celtic. I'd give them a great chance if it was the opposite way around, but I think whatever result Arsenal need in the Emirates, they will get.

clarshack

Quote from: Gunnergael on August 07, 2009, 12:53:59 PM
The Celts will struggle to get the ball of Arsenal.  After watching the 3-0 dismantling of the Scottish League champions 2008/2009 in the Emirates Cup by a 17 year old, Scotlands second best team should hold no fears.  Always difficult to beat at fortress Parkhead though....

celtic are a much better team than rangers. they are only champions because strachan gifted it to them.