Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Mc Donald was far from pleased at being substituted on Saturday and made his feelings known to Strachan when he walked passed the dugout. You've got to admit football management at this level is far from easy with players throwing tantrums, calling you names etc. Big Jock wouldn't have tolerated a modicum of what Strachan has put up with from players or fans. At least VOH accepted his substitution with dignity unlike Mc Donald who was also crap and missed another sitter on a par with the one he missed against Rangers.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 02, 2009, 02:41:14 PM
Mc Donald was far from pleased at being substituted on Saturday and made his feelings known to Strachan when he walked passed the dugout. You've got to admit football management at this level is far from easy with players throwing tantrums, calling you names etc. Big Jock wouldn't have tolerated a modicum of what Strachan has put up with from players or fans. At least VOH accepted his substitution with dignity unlike Mc Donald who was also crap and missed another sitter on a par with the one he missed against Rangers.
thats why I still say Celtic need at least one if not two more top class strikers.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Kilmarnock v Celtic 

Kilmarnock defender Frazer Wright is struggling with the knee injury that forced him to miss out on Saturday.

Ryan O'Leary is included for the first time since he dislocated his shoulder on the opening day of the season.

Celtic are without suspended striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink for the trip to Rugby Park.

Barry Robson, Shaun Maloney, Paddy McCourt and Koki Mizuno are still out with hamstring injuries and Lee Naylor is sidelined with a calf problem.

Another big match tonight, another must win, hopefully the team will be still on a high from the destruction of St Mirren.
Worrying to see so many players suffering from the same injury?!?

Tbc....

The Corporal

Any word on how young McGinn is getting on? Will he be given a run out soon?

Tommy Tight Lips

heard about 2-3 weeks ago that he hadnt yet trained with the first team squad although that may have since changed since mccourt has struggled with injury as have robson,maloney and mizuno!

Rav67

Hope WGS sticks with the same midfield tonight.  I've have a fear that Hartley will return though and possibly even Flood.  Unfortunately Celtic have a manager who will be thinking about preventing Killie from playing even though not one of their players would get in the Celtic side.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

WARREN FEENEY has urged Northern Ireland fans to wind up Celtic keeper Artur Boruc and 'get under his skin'.
Dundee United striker Feeney is desperate to help his country beat Boruc's Poland in this month's World Cup qualifier.
The Rangers fan wants the Irish to turn Windsor Park in Belfast into a mini-Ibrox to pile the pressure on Boruc.
Feeney said: "It's vital our fans get under Boruc's skin because he has proved already this season that when he lets things get to him, he is prone to the odd mistake.
"We need to turn Windsor Park into a mini-Ibrox for the day.
"He hates playing there and anything that will help our cause must be encouraged.
"He is a quality goalkeeper and will be one of their main men, but we have got the players capable of scoring goals past him."
Feeney hasn't forgiven Boruc for his heroics in the Co-op Cup semi, when he netted in the shootout as Celts beat United to earn a final clash with Rangers.
Now he is begging Irish boss Nigel Worthington to let him have a shot at revenge.
He said: "He's one of the main reasons why I'll not be playing in the League Cup final.
"It would have been one of the proudest moments of my career, walking out in a final to play a team I have supported all my life.
"Boruc made some decent saves and then scored in the shootout.
"Now I want revenge and I appeal to Nigel Worthington to give me the chance to score against him at Windsor Park.
"It would give me the greatest thrill in the world to help Northern Ireland beat Poland — especially with Boruc between the posts.
"I was elated to score against him and Celtic at Parkhead.
"It's every Rangers fan's dream to hit the back of the net against Celtic on their home patch — but now I want to do it again at Windsor Park."
Tbc....

nifan

No doubt Boruc will get some stick.
Windsor park is its own place - feeny should lay off mini-ibrox shite. I doubt he will start anyway.
Healy and one of Lafferty or Patterson will probably start.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 04, 2009, 03:23:21 PM
WARREN FEENEY has urged Northern Ireland fans to wind up Celtic keeper Artur Boruc and 'get under his skin'.
Dundee United striker Feeney is desperate to help his country beat Boruc's Poland in this month's World Cup qualifier.
The Rangers fan wants the Irish to turn Windsor Park in Belfast into a mini-Ibrox to pile the pressure on Boruc.
Feeney said: "It's vital our fans get under Boruc's skin because he has proved already this season that when he lets things get to him, he is prone to the odd mistake.
"We need to turn Windsor Park into a mini-Ibrox for the day.
"He hates playing there and anything that will help our cause must be encouraged.
"He is a quality goalkeeper and will be one of their main men, but we have got the players capable of scoring goals past him."
Feeney hasn't forgiven Boruc for his heroics in the Co-op Cup semi, when he netted in the shootout as Celts beat United to earn a final clash with Rangers.
Now he is begging Irish boss Nigel Worthington to let him have a shot at revenge.
He said: "He's one of the main reasons why I'll not be playing in the League Cup final.
"It would have been one of the proudest moments of my career, walking out in a final to play a team I have supported all my life.
"Boruc made some decent saves and then scored in the shootout.
"Now I want revenge and I appeal to Nigel Worthington to give me the chance to score against him at Windsor Park.
"It would give me the greatest thrill in the world to help Northern Ireland beat Poland — especially with Boruc between the posts.
"I was elated to score against him and Celtic at Parkhead.
"It's every Rangers fan's dream to hit the back of the net against Celtic on their home patch — but now I want to do it again at Windsor Park."

that just shows you the mindset you are dealing with
feeney is showing the true colours here
is it an thinly veiled attempt for him to rally the ibrox/winsor boo boo boys to get up to their old racist sectarian chanting etc
will boruc be getting death threats now

the media outcry regaring feeney's comments is 'deafening'  ::)

nifan

Assuming that this comment means he wants people to start sectarian chanting is a bit of an assumption.

Doogie Browser

tbh LB I don't see that much wrong with the comments, they should be taken at face value, a brain dead soccer player (quelle surprise).

illdecide

Aye i agree i wouldn't take much out of that either, he's made it quite clear he's a Rangers fan (big deal) and everyone at Windsor will offer a bit of abuse to Boruc anyway but thats what happens when your in the limelight and known as the "Holy Goalie"...lol. I'm sure Boruc will prob bless himself or something like that as retaliation to any abuse he may receive.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Was chatting to young Mc Ginn last  Saturday night at Belfast City Airport at the luggage carousel. He went to school with a lad who works with my wife and when I mentioned the lad's name Niall was genuinely interested and wanted to know how he was getting on etc. Seems a decent down to earth lad (considering he's from Tyrone) with his feet on the ground. Probably won't get near the first team this year with the league race so close but definitely one for the future though.

Feeney is as bitter as they come. His da used to regularly give sectarian abuse to opposing players when he played in the Irish league in the late 70s.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 04, 2009, 04:39:22 PM
tbh LB I don't see that much wrong with the comments, they should be taken at face value, a brain dead soccer player (quelle surprise).
any other teams and players this would be true enough and I'd agree with you.
but for this brain dead player, its feeding the incitement to abuse from a crowd that has a lot of previous history of such incidents/abuse etc

if they are trying to put this kind of thing in the past, then these kinds of comments/incitements to cause or provoke does not help their cause.
surprised that the ni soccer pr didnt come out to clarify and dilute/issue statement to defuse any potential such situation.

lynchbhoy

good result for Celtic tonight
see odea, crosas and mcgeady all in the team...imo should be starting every week