Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Thats actually a good nickname for Caldwell..."Kaka" he'll know if people call him Kaka that they're taking the piss :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Read a blog on BBC website from the Annan Athletic mid-fielder Chris Jardine, in it he pretty much says that all tyhe clubs in Div 3 would welcome Celtic B into their league, the only dissenting voices are coming from the non-league clubs with a slim chance of promotion.
Read below quite interesting, as he also agrees that it should increase attendances Lamh Dearg Alba.  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisjardine/2009/02/preparing_to_face_the_old_firm.html
Tbc....

the colonel

SPL deal thrills Liverpool youth 

Marsden was a trainee at Wigan Athletic
Liverpool teenager John Marsden says he is delighted to have signed a professional contract with Scottish Premier League side Celtic.

The 16-year-old has penned a three-year deal with the Glasgow giants.

He told BBC Radio Merseyside: "The deal Celtic offered me was better than any English club could have done.

"You can turn professional at 16 up in Scotland, which is not the case in England as you have to wait until you are 17."

And Marsden, who broke a number of junior goalscoring records on Merseyside, believes moving to Scotland can help his development as a player.

"Because of a lack of money at most Scottish clubs they purchase young lads and bring them through.

"They can't just go and buy a Fernando Torres for £25m."

Marsden, a former trainee at Wigan Athletic, scored 91 goals during his four-and-a-half season spell with the Greater Manchester club.

My target for this season is to get fit and play a few games for the under-19s and hopefully next season you'll see the best of me

John Marsden

And after securing his first professional contract he said he is now focused on regaining full fitness following a metatarsal injury and returning to action.

"My target for this season is to get fit and play a few games for the under-19s and hopefully next season you'll see the best of me," said Marsden.

"I was in the process of signing for Celtic when I got injured but they were good enough to still sign me and continue with my rehab up here."

the difference between success and failure is energy

Main Street

What was the reason for Strachan selecting a debutant for the (biggest) game of the season against Rangers in place of the experienced McGeady?

Doesn't it sound absurd?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 26, 2009, 01:08:04 PM
Read a blog on BBC website from the Annan Athletic mid-fielder Chris Jardine, in it he pretty much says that all tyhe clubs in Div 3 would welcome Celtic B into their league, the only dissenting voices are coming from the non-league clubs with a slim chance of promotion.
Read below quite interesting, as he also agrees that it should increase attendances Lamh Dearg Alba.  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisjardine/2009/02/preparing_to_face_the_old_firm.html
thats pretty much what the feedback was from the epl, and lower divisional teams spokespeople/chairmen etc

the motivation is always money, they know Celtic have a huge and loyal fanbase and eg plenty of fathers would bring their young kids to games if they are being played locally as we all know that there are a huge number of Celtic fans outside the confines of Glasgow.

nifan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 26, 2009, 03:08:29 PM
the motivation is always money, they know Celtic have a huge and loyal fanbase and eg plenty of fathers would bring their young kids to games if they are being played locally as we all know that there are a huge number of Celtic fans outside the confines of Glasgow.

Surely the idea, for celtic at least, will be to move quickly through the leagues as quickly as possible, meaning that those who would be voting would be able to have 1 home  (usually in pretty small stadiums) and 1 away game against celtic before they move on, an extra team above them in the league structure.

T Fearon

Why no congratulatory words after Saturday's 7-0 win, two days after the event, while so many rush to complain if there's a bad result?

Was at the game, great to see the goals flying in though after half an hour you would have taken any sort of win. Mc Donald and Vennegor of Westlink still woeful and the dutchman actually took the ball off Naka to miss the penalty. Fantastic goal from Crosas as well.

However the the flight home to Belfast on Saturday night was something else. Danny Mc Grain (got a great photo with him), Neil Lennon, Willie Mc Stay on board with Celtic reserve squad (including Ben Hutchinson who came on as a sub against St Mirren). Also on Board was Ian Paisley and Eileen and he was pestered for the whole flight by Celtic fans looking autographs and he duly obliged on the match programmes. Heard one guy a Celtic fan in a broad Belfast accent saying "Here Ian sign this and will ye put Doctor Ian Paisley on it!" :D Then on exiting the plane at the rear door he shook hands with every one of us. :D
Then on

nifan

I am convinced the real ian paisley is dead and a look a like has taken his place for the last 4 or 5 years.

illdecide

Quote from: nifan on March 02, 2009, 11:23:15 AM
I am convinced the real ian paisley is dead and a look a like has taken his place for the last 4 or 5 years.

you could be on to something there Nifan...lol

I bet the big Ian man got home and said to young Ian "you never guess who was on my flight home...F**king Tony Fearon" and young Ian said "Da, i hope you got his autograph"

Well done Celtic at the weekend ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Doogie Browser

Paisley might have been at the match too!  Good job it was a Saturday game for a change as he wouldn't have made a Sunday game.
The Late Late Show one week, Parkhead the next, where next then on Big Ian's Taig tour?  Croke Park on St Patricks Day?  He is bound to be a big Rangers fan afterall.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tone only back in front of a computer now.
Head is hanging off me but what a weekend, biggest win I've ever been at.
Failte on Friday night and all day yesterday, then the Brazen Head before the match on Saturday then on Saturday night.
Did think that the atmosphere was poor enough in the ground even after the goal fest.
And finally 7 goals and not of them scored by a striker!!  :-\

But well done the Bhoys a morale boost was needed and duely served, also sorted out the goal difference.  ;D
Tbc....

clarshack

saturday was a long time coming and hopefully there will be more of the same. crosas goal was brilliant and i think celtics strongest midfield is naka, crosas, brown and mcgeady.

bennydorano

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 02, 2009, 12:51:06 PM
Failte on Friday night and all day yesterday, then the Brazen Head before the match on Saturday then on Saturday night.
Did think that the atmosphere was poor enough in the ground even after the goal fest.

But well done the Bhoys a morale boost was needed and duely served, also sorted out the goal difference.  ;D
Was over at the weekend myself -first time in the corporate area, was powerful.

You didn't happen to see a rather sickly looking character do laps round the Brazen Head? or pukeing under the bridge :-X

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on March 02, 2009, 01:33:06 PM
saturday was a long time coming and hopefully there will be more of the same. crosas goal was brilliant and i think celtics strongest midfield is naka, crosas, brown and mcgeady.
would agree with that
Tony, strachan picked a decent side and all of them in their places - for a change, we shouldnt be congratulating the manager on doing what he should be doing all the time anyhow and getting the simple things right.
However by all accounts JVOH was dire and should have been taken off at or before HT.
I like big Jan, but hes not in form right now to say the least.
the manager has his favourites and will rarely venture from picking these.

I recall the last 7-0 win v aberdeen, I was at it and a REAL striker scored 4 - big bad John !

Hopefully this will now kick start Celtics season and push for the last 14 games winning run and winning the league!
Great result, great perf - hear they should have scored even more than 7 ...inc the missed penalty !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: bennydorano on March 02, 2009, 02:26:01 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 02, 2009, 12:51:06 PM

Was over at the weekend myself -first time in the corporate area, was powerful.

You didn't happen to see a rather sickly looking character do laps round the Brazen Head? or pukeing under the bridge :-X

Might have seen ya under the bridge alright, that band were on in the morning and were brilliant, thought they were crap that night though!
Tbc....