Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

under the bar

QuoteWhat is Mc Geady 'supposed' to have done?

Edit
Just heard

What exactly?  There's expletives in every dressing room, so can't jsut be that.

Doogie Browser

Sounds a bit like Keane v McCarthy all over!!  Right lads get into your respective camps, here we go again...

carribbear

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 17, 2008, 01:17:15 PM
My spy in the dressing room claims that McGeady used a few expletives in Strachans direction, now fair dues he may have to be disciplined,, but it should have been done discretely behind closed doors! Also banning him for the Huns match, when we are down so many players and the ones playing are out of form!!
WGS couldn't wait to publicly discipline Aidan.

The team have been in sparkling form as of late so nothing like washing the dirty linen in public just before a Rangers match to boost morale...

I wonder if Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe is ready to slot back into the side or Ben Hutchinson...top, top players

Gary Caldwell can always play emergency winger I suppose.

full back

Quote from: under the bar on December 17, 2008, 01:19:34 PM
QuoteWhat is Mc Geady 'supposed' to have done?

Edit
Just heard

What exactly?  There's expletives in every dressing room, so can't jsut be that.

I thought it was some sh1te about drinking or going out in Glasgow, but perhaps not

"On Saturday Aiden McGeady did not follow his tactical instructions towards the end of the match and he launched into a tirade against the manager in front of the rest of the squad."

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hmmmm just had a thought, maybe the board backed the WGS so that when the backlash started from the supporters Strachan would be happier to fcuk off to the EPL then to listen to the fans slag him off even more and the board are sitting pretty, make him comfortable in his position and then when he goes settle any disputes in the dressing room properly.

P.S. Strachan has also publicly critisized (sp) Aidan for opting to play for Ireland over Scotland in the past.
Tbc....

carribbear

After saturdays performance I'd be questioning the managers tactics as well...starting with a midget frontline seems to be a bad ploy. Who exactly are the wingers supposed to cross the ball into? The towering Shaun?

Bensars

QuoteP.S. Strachan has also publicly critisized (sp) Aidan for opting to play for Ireland over Scotland in the past

rightly so, hes a scot after all

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Bensars on December 17, 2008, 01:54:37 PM
QuoteP.S. Strachan has also publicly critisized (sp) Aidan for opting to play for Ireland over Scotland in the past

He rightfully qualifies to play for Ireland, and that is the team he choose.
Tbc....

Bensars

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 17, 2008, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: Bensars on December 17, 2008, 01:54:37 PM

He rightfully qualifies to play for Ireland, and that is the team he choose.

Agreed. He was however born and bred in Scotland. Therefore a scot who has the right through  International soccer laws to represent Ireland by virtue of his grand parents. Strachan was right IMO ( as a ex scotish player ) to criticise him. If this was a fella born and bred in  Donegal going  to play for Northern Ireland i cant imagine too many staying tight lipped in Donegal about it.

TacadoirArdMhacha

for the life of me understand the attitude of Celtic fans to Strachan. Their most successful manager for over 30 years winning the league every league he's been there and making the knock out stages of the champs league twice, both things Martin O'Neill never achieved, yet O'Neill is still lauded as a messiah while Strachan is constantly fighting for his job. Ok maybe Strachan had a bit of luck here and there given that his actual European group stage record is fairly similar to O'Neill's but the criticism of him is completely unfounded.

One thing that should be remembered about O'neill under Celtic is that Martin was also fortunate to have a truly world class player in his ranks with Larsson. It'll be a long time until a player with that sort of quality graces Scotish football again.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

under the bar

I think Celtic (& Rangers) fans are disillusioned that big name managers want to manage their club with which has less money than most English championship clubs money in a league with less money than League 2.

Strachan has done a brilliant job with the resources open to him.   Two CL last 16 finishes with championship rate players?  Unbelievable!

T Fearon

Well I for one rate him, but it seems that a lot of people have it in for him because he is not of a "natural Celtic background". He has done a first rate job under enormous pressure (not too many would have recovered after the nightmare start against Artmedia). Wim Jansen is revered for delivering one title but Strachan has delivered three in a row and regardless of whether the huns are good or bad (and very few bad teams reach UEFA Cup Finals) that is one hell of an achievement. I admire the fact that he is his own man, and makes his own decisions regardless of what anyone thinks and why not. That way he stands or falls on his own decisions and no one elses.

carribbear

Jumping on to another topic....is probation enough? I'm really not sure what that is going to achieve..

A Rangers fan has been given two years probation and a football banning order for singing the 'Famine Song'. William Walls, 20, was found guilty of breach of the peace, aggravated by religious and racial prejudice, at Kilmarnock District Court. The offence was committed at Rangers' away match at Kilmarnock on 9 November.

Rangers have asked fans to not to sing the song, which refers to events that killed an estimated one million people in Ireland in the 1840s.

Speaking after sentence, Kilmarnock District Procurator Fiscal, Les Brown, said: "The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service takes all instances of racism and bigotry very seriously. In this case we worked closely with both police officers who were present at Rugby Park and senior officers to ensure that the full extent and impact of the accused's conduct was put before the court. The key witnesses in this case were stewards employed by Rangers Football Club who brought Mr Walls' conduct to the attention of the police. I would like to thank them for the fair and frank manner in which they gave their evidence."

Assistant Chief Constable John Nielson, of Strathclyde Police, said: "We work closely with football clubs to eradicate any racist and/or sectarian behaviour in football - it will not be tolerated. Where any singing, chanting or other behaviour is perceived as being racist or sectarian in nature, we will take positive action.

"Over recent years, Strathclyde Police has made a significant number of arrests for sectarianism and racist behaviour at football matches and will continue to do so."

A spokesman for Rangers FC said: "Following his conviction, Mr Walls was banned from Ibrox for life. We understand from the authorities that his conduct at the Kilmarnock match involved overtly sectarian and racist behaviour including a number of different chants and songs. Overall, his behaviour was wholly unacceptable and Rangers Football Club will continue to do everything possible to eradicate such behaviour at matches involving the club."

celtichuddle.proboards26.com

ONeill

Apparently Bill Walls, his wife and children all attended the hearing. Neighbours were astonished when they looked out the window this morning to find only the roof left in the spot were the Walls' lived.

I WONT get my coat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.