?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 16, 2008, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2008, 05:06:31 PM
Steady on lads, we don't know the full story here. For all his faults Strachan seems to be his own man and not swayed by what anyone thinks and he has delivered three in a row and two last 16s in the Champions League.

Big Jock fell out with practically every member of the 1967 team yet he wasn't criticised.

how the f**k can you even begin to compare the 2, 3 in a row with a terrible rangers team, and last 16 on the same 9 points which never delivered before, also this seasons champ league was a bad show, i see he has bought another derry city midfielder, strachan and jock????catch yourself on!

strachan is on borrowed time and another old firm defeat would go a long way to seeing him out the door!!

Lets just hope that WGS goes before Aidan does in Jan.
Strachan has shown throughout his managerial career a tendency to have favourites and fall out with players - eg: Aidan, Bobo and Lee "f**king" Naylor! This is not good, WGS has done as much as he can a Celtic, it's time for him to move on.

Tbc....

under the bar

It says something for the plethora of talent in Tyrone when a player can virtually walk from the club/county set-up into one of the world's biggest soccer clubs.  

Minnow neighbours with only one Sam to their name must be wondering how they can ever catch up when we have such players in abundance!   ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ONeill on December 17, 2008, 09:52:49 AM
Fearon's 100% on this. McGeady seems to be a disruptive influence, or perhaps just a bit mouthy. Didn't Lennon have problems with him as well?

Some will use this as fodder for the Strachen-Out campaign even though he has been their most successful manager since, well, as long as I can remember, probably the early 70s.

Pure dung.
Strachan has issues with Aidan, this was shown by the fact that Tommy Burns had to act as a sort of intermediory (sp) between the too.
Where is your proof that Aidan is a disruptive influence?
If he's mouthy, then maybe he has a point, left out of CL matches and brought on in SPL matches with 15 mins to go, he's one of the few really good players we have and he's sitting on the bench when not injured!!
FFS would Alex Ferguson leave Ronaldo on the bench if he was fit to play, or would Micky Harte leave Sean Cavanagh out?
Btw I supported the wee ginger bollocks throughout, arguing with Celtic supporting mates constantly, who would have been Strachan out supporters from the start, this has now made me a diehard "get the Wee Ginger Shite out"
Finally, the success we have had has already been put into context by Ifdown2.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Yeah but the Donaghmore turncoat who proudly stands for GSTQ at Wndsor Park will never emulate Neil Lennon, ex Clan Na Gael (Lurgan) and Armagh minor, who became Celtic captain, lifting both the Scottish League and Cup.

under the bar

QuoteYeah but the Donaghmore turncoat who proudly stands for GSTQ at Wndsor Park will never emulate Neil Lennon

True, since Neil Lennon proudly stood for GSTQ for many years, McGinn still has a while to go to catch up....

Quoteex Clan Na Gael (Lurgan) and Armagh minor,

Lennon obviously jumped the Armagh ship as a minor when he saw it was sailing nowhere fast!  ;D

T Fearon

Lennon walked away from the North of Ireland squad and showed his contempt by spitting on a bastardised Ulster Flag. Young Mc Ginn pissed his pants when Worthington came calling (only to cap him before the FAI could move in) and ran to Windsor Park. Also he has merely signed for Celtic, we'll wait to see if he ever gets a game. Has he played Gaelic football for Tyrone at any level.

PS Armagh's ship sailed into Port one year earlier than Tyrone's ;D

Minder

I read that Mc Geady reckons he is "bigger than Celtic", i love footballers sense of worth and place in the world.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

carribbear

Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2008, 12:40:42 PM
I read that Mc Geady reckons he is "bigger than Celtic", i love footballers sense of worth and place in the world.

Where's this source from?

I'm bigger than Jesus and McFly.

ONeill

McGeady should be delivering on his promise, but hasn't for club and country. I think his best season to date has been 7 goals in 36 league games - that's something like a goal every 5 games with a few assists, in a very poor league. Many Celtic fans are blinkered to this as they believed the hype from his U20 days. He's nowhere near the level that Damien Duff was at his peak, when Duff was lighting up the 2002 World Cup  at around the same age McGeady is now. Even Shaun Maloney was netting 10 goals a season at the age of 19 as a winger. I've watched McGeady a few times - flashes of talent and speed but not the consistency required to suggest he'd make it at a big club in a big league. He's better than most in the SPL though. I think the frustration of not being as good as he thought is manifesting itself in his collisions with Strachen.

Celtc should cash in and nab a consistent winger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

In truth I don't think there would be too many takers (not even Newcastle) for Mc Geady at the price Celtic would want. Better if he followed Tommy Gemmell's advice to-day, take it on the chin knuckle down and get his place back. As Tommy said practically every Lisbon Lion fell out with Big Jock at one time or another

illdecide

Quote from: carribbear on December 17, 2008, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2008, 12:40:42 PM

Where's this source from?

I'm bigger than Jesus and McFly.

Of course you are...Sure you're 22 stone...lol ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Was speaking to a die-hard today & he said

"McGeady is the most popular player at the club and probably the best player we have but he's getting too big for his boots and I'm glad WGS is pulling him in to line. It needs to be done! He will probably throw his toys out of the pram and put in  a transfer request! "

I honestly thought the majority of Celtic fans would be backing Mc Geady, but it seems to be otherwise

carribbear

Quote from: illdecide on December 17, 2008, 01:02:08 PM

Of course you are...Sure you're 22 stone...lol ;)

I meant popularity with the female aged 18-30 group....then again McFly are so 2006...

Seems as if everyone is picking a side here..i'd love to know what McGeady actually said to strachan but seems to me like the ginger one takes a shine to some folk and a dislike to others. Why else would Caldwell be first on the teamsheet every week? Not for his footballing skills certainly.
Gary is ALWAYS in the friggin paper so talking to the press can't be an issue surely?

I see it as purely trying to sell the family silver, prove me wrong.

full back

What is Mc Geady 'supposed' to have done?

Edit
Just heard :o

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: full back on December 17, 2008, 01:09:38 PM
What is Mc Geady 'supposed' to have done?

Edit
Just heard :o

My spy in the dressing room claims that McGeady used a few expletives in Strachans direction, now fair dues he may have to be disciplined,, but it should have been done discretely behind closed doors! Also banning him for the Huns match, when we are down so many players and the ones playing are out of form!!
WGS couldn't wait to publicly discipline Aidan.
Tbc....