?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on September 17, 2008, 04:38:29 PM
I take it them RTE hoors are not showing the game tonight???

Nah - showing Manure.
Hoops on Setanta Ireland and Sky Sports Xtra - pub for me then!  ;D
Tbc....

carribbear

I missed the game because I was working. Probably would have put my boot through the screen seeing Maloney start instead of Aiden.

Strachan makes John Barnes seem as if he knew what he was doing.

off the laces

Quote from: carribbear on September 18, 2008, 01:02:03 AM
I missed the game because I was working. Probably would have put my boot through the screen seeing Maloney start instead of Aiden.

Strachan makes John Barnes seem as if he knew what he was doing.
Maloney played well last night do not know why he was taken off and samaras left on, when aiden came on he was like bambi on ice did he bring the wrong boots with him or what?
Up until the last 15 mins the midfield could not find the killer pass or run onto the ball to break down two tight marking,hard working lines of defence.
Mcdonald was getting fustrated as celtic where launching balls into space with too much pace on them, he may have scored a few with his head but he is a short arse surely balls to feet is what he thrives on.
Keeps 'er' straight

clarshack

i was unable to watch the game on setanta ireland as "i dont live in ireland" according to the pr*ck from setanta. i was able to see a good few of the celtic games on setanta ireland last year and the year before plus i was able to see chelsea v bordeaux on setanta ireland on tuesday night. anyway i thought celtic would struggle in this game and will do well to make the uefa cup now. what is it with robson always hitting his penalties down the middle?

T Fearon

Well we had enough chanecs to win that one. Maloney was arguably Celtic's best player. I was at the St Mirren game at the start of the season and Robson was very lucky to score that day with a crap penalty which went in off the keeper. new penalty taker required urgently.

On the plus side, Celtic have every chance of beating Alborg in Denmark. Definite setback though

PS Didn't I tell you Man Ure would struggle against Villarael

mhacadoir

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2008, 09:01:59 AM
Well we had enough chanecs to win that one. Maloney was arguably Celtic's best player. I was at the St Mirren game at the start of the season and Robson was very lucky to score that day with a crap penalty which went in off the keeper. new penalty taker required urgently.

On the plus side, Celtic have every chance of beating Alborg in Denmark. Definite setback though

PS Didn't I tell you Man Ure would struggle against Villarael

disagree with you tony. maloney was on the wing where i was sitting the first half, needs to be more decisive with his end product. he will run, stop, go back again, stop etc. did ok but not our best player. disappointing night, will have to get a result away somewhere.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Big result needed tonight - With the dropping of 2 points against Aalborg, a result tonight (either win or draw) is essential.

Barry Robson taking injections to play and Hinkel out, hopefully WGS will start with Aidaniho.

Come on the Hoops.
Tbc....

Over the Bar

Does anyone else fear the worst tonight?  :'(

T Fearon

No the bad run has to end sometime. Surely now the lessons have been learn't.As Skippy says it is essential not to concede cheap goals, particularly early on

clarshack

mhacadoir

dont exactly fear the worst - will be difficult but i think WGS will start a five man midfield with samaras up front. if we get aiden and naka attacking, we have a chance of gettin at them.

lynchbhoy

I dont think villareal are what they were, but with that clousseau strachan, you dont know what the wee hoor is going to do next
we could win it and end up still bottom of the table
the pressure in a way is off as they have been historically crap in the CL away so far.

Woul dlike to see loovens in ahead of caldwell, crossas in mf with hartley and brown on the wing with mcgeady on the other wing.
samaras has to start, and start with JVOH, and bring on mcdonald for jvoh when the opposition tire.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

clarshack

just the same old sh*t away from home in europe. it feels like groundhog day! looks like the game away to aalborg will decided who goes into the uefa cup.

Croí na hÉireann

Destroyed us down the left, you reap what you sow.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...