Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Poor show alright about last nights match, WGS is still tinkering with the team before the start of the season next weekend.
Bit worried about Mick McManus going off injured, considering how dodgy the defense is with him, it's going to be even worse without him and the options aren't great for replacements - maybe getting Tamas has become a necessity now.
Tbc....

the milkman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 02, 2008, 02:52:51 PM
Poor show alright about last nights match, WGS is still tinkering with the team before the start of the season next weekend.
Bit worried about Mick McManus going off injured, considering how dodgy the defense is with him, it's going to be even worse without him and the options aren't great for replacements - maybe getting Tamas has become a necessity now.

Yeah most definitely, need to get him in ASAP. Also think we a lacking a creative player in the middle of the park. hartely, brown and robson are great battlers and will run all day but Id like to see an other option in there to take some pressure of Naka and Aiden.

T Fearon

Good win last night. Really looking forward to Sunday now, especially as it doesn't clash with Armagh's AI Quarter Final

Anyone else going over to see the flag unfurled?

PS Heard the scousers had a banner at Ibrox last Saturday which read. "On behalf of the whole of Liverpool thank you for your attempts to destroy Manchester!" :D

nifan

I see one of the scottish papers asked 20 journalists who would top the league this year.

All 20 said 1. Celtic 2. Rangers I believe.

Rav67

Good win last night although Feyenoord's defence was abysmal.  Interesting to see WGS go for a 4-3-3 formation as he's never tried this before as far as I can recall.  Worryingly Celtic still have not been linked with any left backs yet, desperately need one in before the window closes.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Transfer news...................................

Tamas deal now dead in the water. - unconfirmed.

Pulled this from another site:

"Have heard on the grapevine although I am not tying my flag to the pole just yet that Celtic will be announcing 3 new signings on thursday these being...wait for it.....

Dario Simic (AC Milan)
Christophe Metzelder (Real Madrid)

And.......

Hernan Crespo (formerly Chelsea now a free agent!)

Rumour has it that Lawall has been in Milan all week tying up the deals. Dont know if its true but heres hoping!"

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 05, 2008, 03:12:57 PM
Transfer news...................................
Tamas deal now dead in the water. - unconfirmed.

Pulled this from another site:

"Have heard on the grapevine although I am not tying my flag to the pole just yet that Celtic will be announcing 3 new signings on thursday these being...wait for it.....

Dario Simic (AC Milan)
Christophe Metzelder (Real Madrid)

And.......
Hernan Crespo (formerly Chelsea now a free agent!)

Rumour has it that Lawall has been in Milan all week tying up the deals. Dont know if its true but heres hoping!"
Simic linked from way before euro2008

metzelder would be great
as would the exp of crespo

Still need at least a LB ,a second RB wouldnt be too bad either

so far Celtic are back linked with crossas from barca, Basa - the c defender from le mans,
Lens full-back Nadir Belhadj ,Southampton winger Nathan Dyer and another 20-year-old Barcelona midfielder, Jeffren Suarez, on loan.

illdecide

Lads i can't remember the guy's name but he won us the cup and played either left or right back and tore his achilles last year, is there any sign of him coming back from injury (well i can remember it but i'm fucked if i'm gonna try and spell it :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mhacadoir

john joel perrier doumbe - close to that anyways. dont know how he is getting on, he never had a full run in the team to see how good he is....still won us the cup though! ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: mhacadoir on August 05, 2008, 05:28:22 PM
john joel perrier doumbe - close to that anyways. dont know how he is getting on, he never had a full run in the team to see how good he is....still won us the cup though! ;D

Still injured.

Can't believe the result tonight - does leave us with a dilemma, all the CL money for ourselves, but the forces of darkness get a clean run at the SPL, could be a poisoned chalice, although on their performance tonight I don't even think Hamilton Accies will be too worried about facing them!  :D ;D
Tbc....

the milkman

I watched the filth 2nite, couldn't believe how poor they were, walter is in a spot off trouble at mo.  ;D

Whitehair

Glasgow Rangers announce new shirt sponsors!

"Easyjet, In and out of Europe in 3 hours!" :D

mhacadoir

Signs of an agreement with Celtic for Crosas

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Glasgow Celtic have almost reached an agreement on the transfer of Marc Crosas for half a million euros fixed plus 900,000 in variables

The Barcelona club have almost come to an agreement with Glasgow Celtic for Marc Crosas transfer to the Scottish club. FC Barcelona will receive half a million euros fixed and 900,000 in variables depending on the players appearances, qualification for the Champions League and titles won.

On the other hand, FC Barcelona reserves 25% of the economic rights depending on a possible future transfer and an option to buy him back in 2009/10 for two million euros.

looks promising. we could do with some flair in midfield, want it announced today especially after last night!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: mhacadoir on August 06, 2008, 09:01:31 AM
Signs of an agreement with Celtic for Crosas

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Glasgow Celtic have almost reached an agreement on the transfer of Marc Crosas for half a million euros fixed plus 900,000 in variables

The Barcelona club have almost come to an agreement with Glasgow Celtic for Marc Crosas transfer to the Scottish club. FC Barcelona will receive half a million euros fixed and 900,000 in variables depending on the players appearances, qualification for the Champions League and titles won.

On the other hand, FC Barcelona reserves 25% of the economic rights depending on a possible future transfer and an option to buy him back in 2009/10 for two million euros.

looks promising. we could do with some flair in midfield, want it announced today especially after last night!!

Problem with that deal is that Barca hold all the cards, if he proves to be a cracking player then Barca take him back and we get our money back (£1.5 million), if we keep him for a couple of seasons and he develops into a cracking player, then Barca will be making money on the way and then take 25% of any transfer fee!
Pity we didn't just pay a bit more and buy him outright.

But hopefully he'll prove to be a good player (if we get him) and help us win 4 in a row.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Dannymcfella

Could see this type of deal becoming common place, especially in scotland where the clubs can't really afford to be spashing out a few mil on young promising players