Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Was at it myself, thought it was a poor enough crowd but 28k according to the announcer. Pre season is pre-season but thought Celtic were the better side but very similar feel to previous seasons, can be electrifying going forward but look very fragile at the back (tbf it wasn't the1st choice CB pairing).

clarshack

Was at it too and it was an entertaining 1st half but the 2nd half fizzled out with all the subs.
Joe Harte would be a worry for this season as he made a few mistakes.

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on July 29, 2023, 10:47:25 PM
Was at it too and it was an entertaining 1st half but the 2nd half fizzled out with all the subs.
Joe Harte would be a worry for this season as he made a few mistakes.

Harte's a liability in the bigger games alright.  Celtic have spent a lot of money on keepers recently.

A bit more quality is required all over the pitch.

More quality, less quantity.  Losing Mooy is a big blow.  He was excellent last season.

JPGJOHNNYG

Good start all round. Well done kilmarnock 8)

bennydorano

Chris Sutton is enjoying himself here on Sky Sports. Great new pundit, he'll be some wind up merchant.

Good win earlier, Ross County played well early on, the penalty changed the momentum. Joe Harte kat again, a big worry. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Keeper come in b4 deadline.

Main Street

No sooner had I begun watching Rangers v Servette but Rangers were awarded a penalty. Servette defender's outstretched leg to make contact with the ball, Cantwell darts in, ignores the ball but deliberately runs into the outstretched leg and falls over.

clarshack

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2023, 08:51:46 PM
No sooner had I begun watching Rangers v Servette but Rangers were awarded a penalty. Servette defender's outstretched leg to make contact with the ball, Cantwell darts in, ignores the ball but deliberately runs into the outstretched leg and falls over.

Servette were missing 8 regulars by all accounts so 2-1 not a great scoreline to take into the 2nd leg for Sevco.

Applesisapples

Celtic were shite on Sunday. Rodgers 2.0 in trouble.

No1

Strange starting line up.  Lots of new players to bed in.  Not a good performance.

marty34

Not a great start. Seems Lawell is back!!

Need to splash the cash this week.  Typical Celtic in fairness. Off-loading players and getting big money in but no interest in re-investing it.

Fans could turn against them very quickly. Similiar to the '9-in-a-row year' - just plodding along.

Performance was as bad as they've played in a few years. Whether that's a one off or not, time will tell but panel is clearly not as strong as last year.

Could get a serious tanking in the CL.

general_lee

Jota getting the boot from the Saudis, I'd take him back!

clarshack

Quote from: general_lee on August 22, 2023, 05:54:14 PM
Jota getting the boot from the Saudis, I'd take him back!

Don't know how true it is but rumours that he's Gay and the Saudis found out and that's why they are looking rid of him.

Would definitely take him back as well.

clarshack

Celtic under Ange were beating St Johnstone at home 7-0.
It already has the feeling of the 2020/2021 season under Neil Lennon.
Rodger's reappointment never made any sense imo and you can already predict that Rangers will win comfortably next weekend.

JPGJOHNNYG

Rodgers left just when he had the chance for 10 in a row and become a club legend, this return could be just like Lennon's return  :-\

bennydorano

Didn't see or hear any of it so dunno how it flowed but 17 chances/attempts., BR cant put it in the net.