?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Quote from: bennydorano on June 08, 2023, 09:48:22 PM
See social media posts saying Maresca is our man, to be announced after the CL Final

Is Desmond spending the cash?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2023, 02:31:32 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 08, 2023, 02:25:16 PM
Quote from: statto on June 08, 2023, 12:04:24 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 08, 2023, 10:42:00 AM
If you don't like the SPL don't watch it. The PL would be shite if it wasn't for the foreign money and Sky/BT funds bringing in players fro around the world. Ange just proved that he is motivated by money and that's his prerogative so much for we never quit. Fair play to him though he will earn more at Tottenham in 2 years than he would have earned at Celtic in the next 4 which was probably his limit. He's a professional manager with little or no emotional attachment.

What would Ange have been on at Celtic vs what he would get at Spurs?  While he got the spurs job by default, the fact he plays a decent brand of football may get him some buy in from Spurs fans certainly initially.  Conte/Mourinho were brought in as serial winners and couldn't get the job done and there was frustrations around the style of play.  Can see this playing out as "sure he only won in Scotland should never have got the job etc" similar to Gerrard when things went belly up at Villa as Spurs would appear to be a poison chalice. 

If he didn't take the chance with Spurs he could have been accused of lack of ambition?  What is the glass ceiling for a Celtic Manager?

Celtic supporters responded in a similar fashion when Rodgers left slating manager who had did a great job.
I'm not bitching about him leaving, I understand why he has to capitalise on his potential. I'm just a bit sick of the "we never stop" mantra and purported love of the club. Be honest it's a job I'll do the best I can and move on. Celtic fans are too quick to deify managers who always let them down.

Did he say he was staying for life? f**k me! It's a job and and any fool that stays in a lesser paying job with the same pressures needs their heads looked at
Exactly

No1

Looks like Brendan Rodgers.  I'd take that but a lot of boys won't be happy!

general_lee

Quote from: No1 on June 14, 2023, 09:09:45 AM
I'm quite happy to have BR back in if I'm honest.

Applesisapples

Quote from: No1 on June 14, 2023, 09:09:45 AM
Disappointed it's not Neil, but sure second best.

marty34

Reports that Leeds are interested in him also.

With Rogers, I'd say that Desmond has a big input in that deal once again.  They seem to have a good relationship.

Will a few lads leave now? Need a decent European campaign now to boost things as the league is poor. Celtic and the board need to push on in Europe.  Smaller clubs than Celtic do it.

That'll be my yardstick this year, especially when they got straight into the Champion's League group stages.

Orior

As well as his match management skills, Rogers might be better at bringing in quality players.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BrotherMore6592

Great for Celtic , much better than Lennon IMHO but a giant step back for BR after being at Liverpool and Leicester.

It's like managing Dortmund and say Moenchengladbach in the German league now he's with some minnow outfit in Eastern Europe that romps their league or only has one competitor every year.

seafoid

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 14, 2023, 02:46:24 PM
Great for Celtic , much better than Lennon IMHO but a giant step back for BR after being at Liverpool and Leicester.

It's like managing Dortmund and say Moenchengladbach in the German league now he's with some minnow outfit in Eastern Europe that romps their league or only has one competitor every year.
It's probably his last management stint. The business is ruthless

statto

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2023, 02:50:24 PM

Why would it be? 

marty34

Wouldn't think so. He has 20 years left I'd say. He must be about 50 now.

Look at Big Sam, Alex Ferguson and Roy Hodgson etc.  Managers have a long career.

seafoid

Most top flight managers drop out long before 70.

seafoid

Quote from: statto on June 14, 2023, 02:57:09 PM

Why would it be?
Because his CV will have  Celtic/ Leicester relegated/ Celtic . And he doesn't want to manage in the Championship.

GJL

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2023, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: statto on June 14, 2023, 02:57:09 PM

Why would it be?
Because his CV will have  Celtic/ Leicester relegated/ Celtic . And he doesn't want to manage in the Championship.

Your missing the bit where he nearly won the league with Liverpool. But for one slip probably would have.

I think he is a very good manager. Definitely good enough for Celtic.

bennydorano

He'll be a good quality replacement for Ange, but like most Celtic supporters it all feels a bit meh. He'll have to work to win back the support and unless he radically improves us in Europe he hasn't got much room for manoeuvre as we're already TOTP domestically.