Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

You'd like to think there's work going on in the background to get in a replacement, Lennon is clearly a dead man walking. Better getting the next appointment right than rushing to get someone else in for the sake of it. 10 is gone no matter what happens on the managerial front.

straightred

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2021, 09:22:09 AM
You'd like to think there's work going on in the background to get in a replacement, Lennon is clearly a dead man walking. Better getting the next appointment right than rushing to get someone else in for the sake of it. 10 is gone no matter what happens on the managerial front.

Who knows what's going on. Lennon should have been sacked at least 5 times by now but this farce rumbles on and on. He thinks the lack of fans are partly to blame for the poor performances. The irony of that is that if there were fans at the games he'd be gone long ago as the board wouldn't be able to control the animosity that there now is for Lennon. At this stage it will have to be a high profile replacement as they stand to lose millions on season tickets sales otherwise. The Board promised a January review. He failed it by any and all measurements so move on. Planning for next season needs to start now. This one is a write off.

marty34

Reports that Celtic got £11.5 m for Frimpong from a cost of £500 k.

According to reports, he wanted to go and dwfinately didn't want to stay.

I wonder will anybody else go?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on January 27, 2021, 11:36:46 AM
Reports that Celtic got £11.5 m for Frimpong from a cost of £500 k.

According to reports, he wanted to go and dwfinately didn't want to stay.

I wonder will anybody else go?

Should pay for Lawwell's bonus anyway.

Think it is beyond doubt now that Edouard and Ajer will be gone next season, Ntcham too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyroneman

A total clear out and a rebuild using whatever money can be got from Eddie, Ntcham, Ajer etc is needed.

Would have no issue with any of them leaving at the end of season.

To be honest the only players I would be keen to keep are MJ and Turnbull.

Possibly Calmac, if he is coached properly again and used in the correct postion, maybe Soro.

New manager, new head of scouting, new chairman a must.

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on January 27, 2021, 11:55:59 AM
A total clear out and a rebuild using whatever money can be got from Eddie, Ntcham, Ajer etc is needed.

Possibly Calmac, if he is coached properly again and used in the correct postion, maybe Soro.

In theory that is fine and I agree with it.

But the only way this is sorted is if Lawwell goes and the only way this happens is if the fans unite and keep the money away from the club.

I believe we have a talented playing squad that is greatly underachieving at present, I don't think the playing side of things needs that much surgery. As the banner outside Celtic Park said yesterday "mismanaged at every level".

Angelo

Ben Davies, 25 yr old centre half looks set to sign from Preston on a pre contract. Probably Ajer's replacement for next season.

tyroneman

Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 12:02:28 PM

But the only way this is sorted is if Lawwell goes and the only way this happens is if the fans unite and keep the money away from the club.

I believe we have a talented playing squad that is greatly underachieving at present, I don't think the playing side of things needs that much surgery. As the banner outside Celtic Park said yesterday "mismanaged at every level".

'Talented playing squad' is a bit of an overstatement.

Eddie
Forrest
RC
MJ
Ajer
Calmac
Ntcham
Elynaoussi (at a stretch)

one is on loan with a ridiculous (comapared to his talent) price tag, one has been very poor all year, albeit played out of positon for most of it, 2 have been injured and the rest have all made noises about wanting away.

So that leaves 3 'talented' player who are actually good enough, want to stay or who we can afford.

Beyond that....an astonishingly average collection of players.

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on January 27, 2021, 12:19:49 PM

Eddie
Forrest
RC
MJ
Ajer
Calmac
Ntcham

one is on loan with a ridiculous (comapared to his talent) price tag, one has been very poor all year, albeit played out of positon for most of it, 2 have been injured and the rest have all made noises about wanting away.

So that leaves 3 'talented' player who are actually good enough, want to stay or who we can afford.

I'd disagree with that.

Jullien is a good defender for me having an awful season. He was excellent last year.
Rogic brilliant player who has hardly kicked a ball since Rodgers left.
Griffiths, natural goalscorer who hasn't really done much the last few years but you can see his quality.
Soro has looked a real tidy player
Did Duffy turn into a donkey overnight, people were calling him a terrific signing four or five months back.
Barkas was a very highly regarded international keeper.

We have a good playing squad but we have an amateur management setup and it's destroying a lot of these players. How many times have you seen a new manager come in and transform a much maligned group of players. Look at what a manager like Rodgers did for guys like Armstrong, Forrest, McGregor, Christie, Rogic etc.

I think the talent is there but it's never going to be realised when we cheap out on a yes man inept manager.

6th sam

Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 12:40:29 PM

Eddie
Forrest
RC
MJ
Ajer
Calmac
Ntcham

I'd disagree with that.

Jullien is a good defender for me having an awful season. He was excellent last year.
Griffiths, natural goalscorer who hasn't really done much the last few years but you can see his quality.
Did Duffy turn into a donkey overnight, people were calling him a terrific signing four or five months back.

We have a good playing squad but we have an amateur management setup and it's destroying a lot of these players. How many times have you seen a new manager come in and transform a much maligned group of players. Look at what a manager like Rodgers did for guys like Armstrong, Forrest, McGregor, Christie, Rogic etc.

I think the talent is there but it's never going to be realised when we cheap out on a yes man inept manager.

When individual players aren't achieving they must take responsibility. However when the whole squad is underperforming , management must take responsibility. Whether it's alleged lack of professional approach, poor tactical knowledge or loss of changing room, or likely a combination of all 3, there's no way this can be turned round. There has been a monumental financial loss for Celtic as well: minimal European money, underperforming players can now only attract a fraction of their previous sale value . Season tickets and merchandise will be harder to sell, and incoming player deals are only going to be achievable by bumping up transfer expenditure and wage bills. NL still deserves respect and sensitivity on the basis of his past, but he has to Move on. If the rumour is true regarding Celtic wanting NL to resign as opposed to a costly sacking, it now looks that buying out his contract would have cost a fraction of the massive losses above . Literally unbelievable

Angelo

Quote from: 6th sam on January 27, 2021, 03:41:52 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 12:40:29 PM

Eddie
Forrest
RC
MJ
Ajer
Calmac
Ntcham

I'd disagree with that.

When individual players aren't achieving they must take responsibility. However when the whole squad is underperforming , management must take responsibility. Whether it's alleged lack of professional approach, poor tactical knowledge or loss of changing room, or likely a combination of all 3, there's no way this can be turned round. There has been a monumental financial loss for Celtic as well: minimal European money, underperforming players can now only attract a fraction of their previous sale value . Season tickets and merchandise will be harder to sell, and incoming player deals are only going to be achievable by bumping up transfer expenditure and wage bills. NL still deserves respect and sensitivity on the basis of his past, but he has to Move on. If the rumour is true regarding Celtic wanting NL to resign as opposed to a costly sacking, it now looks that buying out his contract would have cost a fraction of the massive losses above . Literally unbelievable

The manager takes responsibility.

Clubs don't sack players when teams underperform. They sack managers. All whole team have underperformed this year, it's a management problem, plain and simple. I agree, Lennon is likely not on that much, he was a cheap option. The reason he was not sacked was nothing to do with cost, it was because he's a yes man who Lawwell controls.

JimStynes

I think once Eddie and few others leave we will be left with a collection of very average players who have been on the decline for a while now. Eddie's form last year saved Celtic massively, there wasn't a whole lot of players playing well last year either.  I'm actually still not convinced we would have won the league last year only the pin was pulled early. Lennon has to go but there must be a reason why they haven't done it yet. I'm hoping they're making a clear out and going to get replacements sorted first.

clarshack

Quote from: JimStynes on January 27, 2021, 04:53:19 PM
I think once Eddie and few others leave we will be left with a collection of very average players who have been on the decline for a while now. Eddie's form last year saved Celtic massively, there wasn't a whole lot of players playing well last year either.  I'm actually still not convinced we would have won the league last year only the pin was pulled early. Lennon has to go but there must be a reason why they haven't done it yet. I'm hoping they're making a clear out and going to get replacements sorted first.

We would have dropped points but still would have won the league due to Rangers continued run of bad form.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 12:12:27 PM
Ben Davies, 25 yr old centre half looks set to sign from Preston on a pre contract. Probably Ajer's replacement for next season.

Is he any good?

bennydorano

The Fat Buffalo gets away with another shocker