?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 29, 2020, 07:05:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 06:45:19 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on December 29, 2020, 06:36:02 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 29, 2020, 05:01:45 PM
Don't think they'll get anyone in but doubt any first-teamers will be sold either. Not in this window anyway. League is as good as over anyway

Celtic wins Wed and Sat, and with games in hand, it's game on again ... yes easier said than done but this Celtic team should be going to Ibrox with a win a realistic prospect, here's hoping.

This is it. The next 4/5 games are crucial. This Rangers side has a history of folding under the pressure, Celtic have the best squad in the league by a considerable distance for me. They need to now start delivering and I think when they put the pressure on Rangers, we will see how good they are.

Win tomorrow, another win Saturday, the gap is down to 13 with 3 games in hand. We have a big squad, no other distractions.

This season has shown how poor our squad is in reality. With no Forrest or Johnston, we badly lack width and it has affected us. We have no cover at all for them. Look at our defence. Lots of players but no real quality. Our squad is overrated

Sure there was boyos on this thread wanted Forrest otf, said he was crap and only got his place because the manager picked him as a favourite. Big, big miss this season has been JF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on December 29, 2020, 11:15:58 PM
Don't think they'll get anyone in but doubt any first-teamers will be sold either. Not in this window anyway. League is as good as over anyway

Celtic wins Wed and Sat, and with games in hand, it's game on again ... yes easier said than done but this Celtic team should be going to Ibrox with a win a realistic prospect, here's hoping.

This is it. The next 4/5 games are crucial. This Rangers side has a history of folding under the pressure, Celtic have the best squad in the league by a considerable distance for me. They need to now start delivering and I think when they put the pressure on Rangers, we will see how good they are.

Win tomorrow, another win Saturday, the gap is down to 13 with 3 games in hand. We have a big squad, no other distractions.

This season has shown how poor our squad is in reality. With no Forrest or Johnston, we badly lack width and it has affected us. We have no cover at all for them. Look at our defence. Lots of players but no real quality. Our squad is overrated

Sure there was boyos on this thread wanted Forrest otf, said he was crap and only got his place because the manager picked him as a favourite. Big, big miss this season has been JF
That was when Forrest was cr'ap,  he had potential  aplenty but it wasn't happening for him. Turns out he had chronic sciatica and when he and and the questionable Celtic physios finally got a handle on that, his form improved immensely. Then all the Forrest fan boys came crawling out to proclaim they were right all along  and boo to the begrudgers.  ;D

illdecide

This James Forrest crap was only a few months ago from certain posters...
I just hope Celtic don't have one eye on Sat and get caught out today, they must focus on this game and wipe the floor with Dundee Utd and go into Sat's game in good spirits. With only James Forrest out injured there are no more excuses, we're starting to play a bit better so it's time to start accumulating the points and get a few of these games in hand played.
All we can do is keep winning and put some pressure on Rangers and just hope they either buckle under pressure or don't have the squad to deal with demands of being top and having to win every game, they're doing a great job so far TBF but we're only half way thru now and now's the time for Celtic to start turning the screw.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on December 29, 2020, 11:15:58 PM

Incorrect.

I said that he should not be in the team when he was so out of form. Exactly like I said with Scott Brown and while you were on here defending Brown being in the team at every opportunity. Soro then gets his chance like I had argued for and our form does a 180 in the right direction.

I want a meritocracy where players are picked on their form and fitness, not one where the manager picks his favourites irrespective of form or fitness. Forrest was in the team when were humiliated by Ferencvaros, scraped past Sarajevo and Riga, dropped points at Killie. Our malaise was well and truly in situ before Forrest got injured.

Forrest is a good play for what its worth but how he was a regular when fit for the past 18 months when his form has been dire for the most part says a lot about the manager.

We all know that you are much more preoccupied with how the manager is regarded than anything to do with the club performing to expectations. It's embarrassing.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Relying and hoping on a Rangers collapse and us continuing to win with no more slip ups. Easier said than done is right. I expect Rangers to hold out whether we apply the pressure or not.

Quote from: illdecide on December 29, 2020, 09:57:05 PM
Costa is/was on £265k a week...Good luck with that lads...lol.

From 2014 he has earned over £65m in wages alone...Holy sweet f**k.
If we signed someone like big Diego on a short term contract id change my tune (a man can day dream) A lot of clubs can't afford big wages and in France there is potential for business given the tv deal collapse. You'd hope the club are at least looking.

trailer

Amazing in a one horse race, Celtic are coming 2nd.  :o

marty34

Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2020, 01:01:18 PM

Relying and hoping on a Rangers collapse and us continuing to win with no more slip ups. Easier said than done is right. I expect Rangers to hold out whether we apply the pressure or not.

If we signed someone like big Diego on a short term contract id change my tune (a man can day dream) A lot of clubs can't afford big wages and in France there is potential for business given the tv deal collapse. You'd hope the club are at least looking.

Lennon said today there'll be little business done in Jan - maybe a winger.

Have Celtic not got enough wingers?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 01:10:04 PM

Not really, the only backup we have for Forrest now is a 17 year old who has barely played.

I see Shved got off the mark at the weekend for that Belgian side.

We should do our best to get Roberts back for the rest of the season. His career has stalled since leaving Celtic, could be the right environment to get it going again.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 01:15:56 PM

Not really, the only backup we have for Forrest now is a 17 year old who has barely played.

We should do our best to get Roberts back for the rest of the season. His career has stalled since leaving Celtic, could be the right environment to get it going again.

Is Frimpong not a winger also? - Forrest, Elyounoussi, Johnston and Greg Taylor etc. if playing a five.  Shved out on loan.  Plenty of options.

Be interesting to see what team Lennon picks tonight?

Will he 'rest' Brown for the week-end or will he start chopping and chsnging..again?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 01:34:04 PM

Is Frimpong not a winger also? - Forrest, Elyounoussi, Johnston and Greg Taylor etc. if playing a five.  Shved out on loan.  Plenty of options.

Will he 'rest' Brown for the week-end or will he start chopping and chsnging..again?

No he's a full back/wing back.

I'm not even sure Elyounoussi is a winger, hard to know what his best position is. Johnston has spent the vast majority of the past 18 months on the treatment table and he's much more effective cutting in from the left. Shved doesn't seem to have much of a future here under Lennon. We have ended up using Christie a lot on the wing this season as we have no alternative to Forrest this year. Roberts would be a great addition, someone to keep Forrest on his toes as Forrest has been terrible for about 18 months now, injury period aside.

JimStynes

Roberts shouldn't have ever left. I'm finding it hard to get excited for the rest of the season. Holding out hope for tonight and Saturday though. Anything other than 6 points and it's game over. 

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 01:38:29 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 01:34:04 PM

No he's a full back/wing back.

I'm not even sure Elyounoussi is a winger, hard to know what his best position is. Johnston has spent the vast majority of the past 18 months on the treatment table and he's much more effective cutting in from the left. Shved doesn't seem to have much of a future here under Lennon. We have ended up using Christie a lot on the wing this season as we have no alternative to Forrest this year. Roberts would be a great addition, someone to keep Forrest on his toes as Forrest has been terrible for about 18 months now, injury period aside.

Roberts, like Forster didn't want to be at Celtic.  He's been there a few times now.

Who are the players who are agitating for a move away from Celtic? Ajer and Ntcham? Is Christie part of the cabal also?

Did Lennon ever find out who was releasing the teamsheet to everyone?

JimStynes

I'd like to get shot of some dead weight.

lenny

Celtic had 7 wingers last season- Forrest, Johnston, Sinclair, Hayes, Morgan, shved and arzani. They got rid of 5 of them and immediately the 2 left got injured. In my opinion it's a major factor in us being so poor this season. Most domestic teams set up with a blanket defence and you need wingers to stretch them and get in behind. We've been relying exclusively on frimpong to get to the byeline and he's a right back, albeit a very attacking and talented player.

JimStynes