?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

MoChara

Quote from: stew on August 22, 2017, 06:52:50 PM
Bitton was absolutely dire in the centre of that defence, and I mean dire, not his fault however what he is doing on the left touchline is beyond me, Rodgers needs to blood this south African to see if he has got the skills/instincts to fill that position, even if he does you need cover and a couple more signings would be needed to be competitive in the CL group stages.

Hope Celtic meet a lesser light than Barca, real, Inter or Bayern as the first pot teams.

2 years in a row at te top table, happy days. )

Bitton is garbage anyway he's a poor mans Rogic and the laziest f**ker on the park, I was hoping we'd be shot of him this summer.

Hectic

Aye so not unlike Celtic to bring a bit of drama somewhere along the line in qualifying.

Centre Back a worry in ways but at the same time we have been unlucky as well with injuries.  Under normal circumstances there would have been the option of playing either or both or Tierney and Lustig there with Gamboa or Izzy coming in at full back though with one injured and the other away plus the number of injuries at CB we were literally down to the bones.

However this does happen.  Hard to know.  We probably need cover at LB for a start though that might hinder the development of the very promising Miller, we have signed a new CB but it would be a bonus if he hits the ground running while the like of Ajer will also develop though maybe another loan would do him no harm.  I have never been fully convinced by Boyata and Erik seems to have went backwards over the past year so if we were looking at adding another in there you would think it would be on the basis of Erik being shipped out.

Not bad all the same that we managed to get through qualifying last year with a defence including Efe and O Connell and this year with Biton and Ajer playing a fair bit.  For me the biggest negative was the first 5 mins of the second half last night.  We cannot afford to go to sleep like that against any standard of opposition let alone what we face in CL.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2017, 12:57:27 AM
£3m+ p/a and signing on fee for an elderly player who is just about functional at championship level and who has already signed a contract with them, is hardly worth a discussion.

I can't think of many elderly players who performed for Celtic, Toure was grand for a few games and then he got older. RMK played out the last few games of his career at Celtic.
I like the look of Ajer, obviously it's dicey putting a 19 yo in at the deep end (when needs must), but he looks very mature considering.

Shoulda held onto Efe ;D

Going into the CL against the best in Europe with 2 x sicknote CBs, having a 19yr old, a 21yr old from the South African league who has yet to kick a ball and a 2nd rate midfielder as back ups is utter stupidity.

Spend some or the f**king windfall and buy some experience!

Main Street

To be seeded in the 3rd pot would be a bonus but only a real outside chance of that happening now.
All the same, Hüpf Hoffe hüpf Allez Allez  ;D

T Fearon

Being realistic and a trifle optimistic, with the massive home support it should not be beyond the capacity of Celtic to remain unbeaten in all home CL fixtures.And as they showed last year,with an infierior team this year,they can collect points on the road.If say they could win two home games,draw one,nick an away win against a pot three team,an away draw with the team from pot 2, and factor in  a heroic defeat away to Pot 1, it would be sufficient to clinch runners up spot in the group.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2017, 12:52:46 AM
Being realistic and a trifle optimistic, with the massive home support it should not be beyond the capacity of Celtic to remain unbeaten in all home CL fixtures.And as they showed last year,with an infierior team this year,they can collect points on the road.If say they could win two home games,draw one,nick an away win against a pot three team,an away draw with the team from pot 2, and factor in  a heroic defeat away to Pot 1, it would be sufficient to clinch runners up spot in the group.

All depends on the draw. If we get R Madrid, PSG and one other we have no chance if second

Hectic

Got to be wanting the Russians or Ukranians out of Pot 1,  Pot 2 is probably the strongest pot in terms of low end teams so on that basis give me Dortmund as that would be a fantastic trip to a welcoming venue, Pot 3 Olympiacos would do me nicely.  Not even sure such a group will even be possible for Celtic by the time they keep apart all the Spanish and English sides etc.

illdecide

Gonna predict our group...

B Munich
A Madrid
Anderlecht
Celtic

But will prob get
B Munich
Barcelona
Napoli
Celtic
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

yellowcard

The pot of second seeds overall look stronger than the first seeds.

yellowcard

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2017, 12:52:46 AM

You truly are living in cloud cuckoo land.

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on August 22, 2017, 09:55:30 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 22, 2017, 09:45:44 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 22, 2017, 09:18:34 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 22, 2017, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 22, 2017, 07:43:17 PM
Which centre half should Celtic buy now?  John Terry would've been some addition for one season in the CL.

Agreed but prob getting about £60k a week at Villa

Probably but Villa don't have a £30M CL windfall so on that basis Celtic could afford JT....

Villa get a £90M parachute payment from the EPL which dwarves the riches Celtic have to work hard to get in the champions league.

CORRECT

Not setting the world alight at villa yet in his partnership with Chester but i suppose he has been OK.  I would say champions league would have been well beyond him at this stage.

dec

Main Street

Not a bad group, two of the best in PSG and BM and a fighting chance to get 3rd place.

tonto1888