Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Once again you are ignoring the wrong concept.Celtic should be ignored for winning an uncompetitive league and other domestic competitions.Make it clear we all have higher expectations.On May 26th in Glasgow I will be lunching with the remaining Lisbon Lions,lads for whom winning Scottish domestic competitions was simply not enough,even in an era when they had serious opposition in those competitions to contend with.

StGallsGAA

So what's the word on the street then Huggy?

Aaron Boone

Inter should have won that match, much better ball players.

Most players were born within 30 miles of Milan.

Dougal Maguire

Has Celtic any plans to rebuild the Main Stand to match the other 3
Careful now

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 09, 2017, 11:33:21 PM

Doubt it unless they've another 10,000 season ticket sales hammering the door down. 

lenny

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 09, 2017, 11:15:08 PM

Some stats from that 1967 final make interesting reading.
Toatal shots - Celtic 45 Inter 3
Shots on target - Celtic 16 Inter 3
3 of the 29 shots which were off target from Celtic hit the woodwork.
Possession Celtic 64% Inter 36%
Crosses into opposition box Celtic 40 Inter 4.
These stats show just how dominant Celtic were even though the score was only 2.1.

illdecide

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 10, 2017, 12:42:44 AM

Doubt it unless they've another 10,000 season ticket sales hammering the door down.

Apparently there are a few thousand waiting for season tickets for next season, there are plans to upgrade the old stand to complete the stadium which will have parking for team busses under the new stand as well as a warm up area for players (they say it will add 10,000 to 15,000 to the capacity). My concern for this is filling it, yes there are certain matches where it will be full like Champions League and Sevco games but that's only a fraction of the games but i suppose the few thousand waiting for season tickets will help sell that. Celtic are also hoping if they can pull this off then they can get a few high profile games like Champions League final.
This will all fall into place hopefully with their new Hotel they plan to build as well.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Can't see any demand for more season tickets,with routine wins over all domestic opposition the order of the day.

Dougal Maguire

Thanks for that illdecid. Good to see strong demand for season tickets. Hopefully the new stand will be built sometime soon
Careful now

Main Street

There was some (appears unfounded) speculation that Celtic are interested in a young Chelsea player Dominic Solanke, who in theory if he did move to Celtic,
"Under cross-border rules, Celtic would only need to pay a fraction of the fee English clubs would have to stump up for the England Under-21 international."
"the compensation situation in Scotland means it is a very attractive offer for a young player, his family and agent, to think that you can come out of England and come up to a huge club."

What are these cross border rules that put Celtic at some considerable advantage?

Main Street

Quote from: lenny on May 10, 2017, 07:09:19 AM

These stats show just how dominant Celtic were even though the score was only 2.1.
I don't think Mr Boone was that serious.
But it should be said that all but one of that Celtic team were born withing 10 miles of Celtic Park ;D

lenny

Quote from: Main Street on May 10, 2017, 10:08:29 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 10, 2017, 07:09:19 AM

I don't think Mr Boone was that serious.
But it should be said that all but one of that Celtic team were born withing 10 miles of Celtic Park ;D

I was aware he wasn't being serious, I just wanted to post those stats since they make incredible reading. Celtic were just sooo dominant in that game.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on May 10, 2017, 10:02:40 PM
There was some (appears unfounded) speculation that Celtic are interested in a young Chelsea player Dominic Solanke, who in theory if he did move to Celtic,
"Under cross-border rules, Celtic would only need to pay a fraction of the fee English clubs would have to stump up for the England Under-21 international."
"the compensation situation in Scotland means it is a very attractive offer for a young player, his family and agent, to think that you can come out of England and come up to a huge club."

What are these cross border rules that put Celtic at some considerable advantage?

Not 100% sure TBH but Celtic will expect to pay around £400k for that lad but if an English team wanted to buy him they'd have to pay £8 million.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Basically if he is to move to another club in the same league structure there would be a tribunal set fee whereas if he moves outwith that jurisdiction it is only a development fee that is due.  Read some comments from Rodgers last night that made me think that it was not happening "He's a big talent and it's unfortunate that he's maybe not going to renew his contract at Chelsea because it's a great club but he obviously deems that his future lies elsewhere.' - before that all signs looked good.

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on May 10, 2017, 09:25:44 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 10, 2017, 12:42:44 AM

Apparently there are a few thousand waiting for season tickets for next season, there are plans to upgrade the old stand to complete the stadium which will have parking for team busses under the new stand as well as a warm up area for players (they say it will add 10,000 to 15,000 to the capacity). My concern for this is filling it, yes there are certain matches where it will be full like Champions League and Sevco games but that's only a fraction of the games but i suppose the few thousand waiting for season tickets will help sell that. Celtic are also hoping if they can pull this off then they can get a few high profile games like Champions League final.
This will all fall into place hopefully with their new Hotel they plan to build as well.

I think Glasgow City Council have put the brakes on the hotel plan.