Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

theyellowbus

I have to say some of the football yesterday in the second half was as good as ive seen from a Celtic side in years.
The fast pace movement of the ball and high pressing is great to see compared to some of the drivel over the last couple of years.
I thought Simounovic was outstanding yesterday as was rogic and tierney.
You would have to question the lack of quality in the rangers team in relation to their budget this year.Some of the old heads seem to be carrying them like miller and wallace which says something.

Away to Ross county in midweek wont be easy would be hopeful of three points though to keep the domestic momentum going.

With all the midfielders the previous manager brought in we are still lacking in quality in that area. Bitton was woeful against the germans and was a passenger yesterday.
If sinclair and forest get injured you are looking at roberts and armstrong with very little back up after that. In fact if Dembele and griffiths got injured we are lacking up front as well.

MoChara

As someone else said it was a 1 nil hammering, I'd like to see McGregor start ahead of Bitton he seems a bit clueless at the minute, similar to Rogic in runs around doing nothing a lot but without Toms potential for giving that incisive pass or taking a good pop, you have to imagine its the mid field that will be reinforced at Xmas, and I wouldn't be sad to see Bitton go.

Browns twice the player he was last year though as well as Forrest.

I had a feeling at the start of the year we'd regret selling Simunovic, I think he has great potential.  Sviatchenko is proving very reliable too, thinks are looking good all in all atm I think

tonto1888

Quote from: MoChara on October 24, 2016, 12:37:27 PM
As someone else said it was a 1 nil hammering, I'd like to see McGregor start ahead of Bitton he seems a bit clueless at the minute, similar to Rogic in runs around doing nothing a lot but without Toms potential for giving that incisive pass or taking a good pop, you have to imagine its the mid field that will be reinforced at Xmas, and I wouldn't be sad to see Bitton go.

Browns twice the player he was last year though as well as Forrest.

I had a feeling at the start of the year we'd regret selling Simunovic, I think he has great potential.  Sviatchenko is proving very reliable too, thinks are looking good all in all atm I think

agreed, simu and svia should be the starting CB pair

Main Street

Toure? There's still plenty of football life left in the old warhorse but perhaps not to the extent of a game every 4 days.
Then that brings up the question of having a settled CH partnership.

MoChara

Quote from: Main Street on October 24, 2016, 01:13:28 PM
Toure? There's still plenty of football life left in the old warhorse but perhaps not to the extent of a game every 4 days.

Toure definitely has a big part to play but he's not going to be part of a long term partnership hes 35 very near 36, I'd say his positive influence could be as much on the training ground as on the park on a Saturday, sounds liek hes taken dembele under his wing already which is nice to hear. Lovely to have a problem of three good players for two positions instead of trying to fill holes like we are used too.

T Fearon

I was not impressed at all yesterday.Taking 87 mins to score against one of the worst Rangers team's ever is nothing to crow about and it certainly did not make up for the embarrassment against Moenchengladbach.

The Bearded One

If we'd scored 5 and won at a canter you'd be saying it wasn't impressive because it was against one of the worst Rankers teams of all time...
It is what it is. Presumably.

Armamike

Rodgers shaping up to be Celtic's best manager since Stein.
That's just, like your opinion man.

T Fearon

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.You have been overindulging in Stein Lager!

Main Street

6 demented posts since Celtic beat Rangers and hardly a reaction garnered, despite the accelerating madness.

So lonely lies the troll.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on October 24, 2016, 01:13:28 PM

I agree aboyut Toure and hes great to have while doubts remain over Simu's fitness. I would like a settled CB pairing though

Applesisapples

Only for Craig Thompson's usual pro Gers performance the walls would have caved in. A 1 nil drubbing. Anyone who says different hasn't a clue.

T Fearon

1 nil is a narrow win,a late goal in a 1 nil win means the result was in doubt for far too long.The real question is why was it not a drubbing

Thy Kingdom Come

Quote from: T Fearon on October 24, 2016, 06:41:54 PM
1 nil is a narrow win,a late goal in a 1 nil win means the result was in doubt for far too long.The real question is why was it not a drubbing

The real question is 'Who won the game?' Every other question after that in a Cup game is inconsequential.

T Fearon

Ronny "won" the league last year,and his team "won" 2 nil against Rangers the year before.Didnt gain him too many plaudits