?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on September 29, 2016, 09:01:47 AM
If Ronny's team lost a lead three times in a game he would have been crucified.
I can imagine you in Celtic Park when Ronny would come down to wave to the fans and your spunk hitting the roof of the stand because you thought he made eye contact with you.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on September 28, 2016, 11:17:51 PM
Any objective analysis of that tonight would be sobering.Gifted three goals against an over confident City team, Coco fails to learn lessons and shut up shop to gain traction and City equalise three times soon after each goal. Man City's arrogance was breathtaking.In all my years following football, I do not remember any club,even in a minor competition,allowing one of their loanees to appear against them.

10 goals conceded in two games must be an unwanted record too.

The real stars were on the pitch tonight, Tierney,Brown,Toure, Dembele (in parts).

Again never let the facts get in the way of peddling your agenda against the manager. What about Chelsea "allowing" Courtois to play for Atletico Madrid against them in the champions league a couple of seasons ago. The simple fact is that it is Uefa rules which prevents a club from disallowing a loan player from playing against them. City couldn't within the rules stop Roberts from playing against them, not that he was a huge feature in the game given that he was only on the pitch for ten minutes. There was no arrogance from City, they were simply put under the kind of pressure they haven't experienced this season.

Applesisapples

Guys who do you listen too? A Rangers fan OWCer in disguise or Sutton, Ferdinand and Dunne who have played at the highest levels? £420M vs £20M in terms of team assembly costs. All pundits agree that Rodgers has improved the team. Even McMenimem stated that last year under Deila that that team would have crumbled. Great performance and a great result. Flawed biased analysis from the Prawn Sandwich eating troll can't change that.

Applesisapples

Quote from: lenny on September 29, 2016, 10:10:17 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 28, 2016, 11:17:51 PM
Any objective analysis of that tonight would be sobering.Gifted three goals against an over confident City team, Coco fails to learn lessons and shut up shop to gain traction and City equalise three times soon after each goal. Man City's arrogance was breathtaking.In all my years following football, I do not remember any club,even in a minor competition,allowing one of their loanees to appear against them.

10 goals conceded in two games must be an unwanted record too.

The real stars were on the pitch tonight, Tierney,Brown,Toure, Dembele (in parts).
Barca do it all the time, so more factless nonsense. All Barca loanees play against them.
Again never let the facts get in the way of peddling your agenda against the manager. What about Chelsea "allowing" Courtois to play for Atletico Madrid against them in the champions league a couple of seasons ago. The simple fact is that it is Uefa rules which prevents a club from disallowing a loan player from playing against them. City couldn't within the rules stop Roberts from playing against them, not that he was a huge feature in the game given that he was only on the pitch for ten minutes. There was no arrogance from City, they were simply put under the kind of pressure they haven't experienced this season.

T Fearon

So 10 goals conceded in 2 games and loss of lead thrice last night? Is this what great managers achieve?

Also I detest seafood especially prawns.Though you get a good Scotch Pie in the hospitality environs of Celtic Park.

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on September 29, 2016, 11:12:16 AM
So 10 goals conceded in 2 games and loss of lead thrice last night? Is this what great managers achieve?

Also I detest seafood especially prawns.Though you get a good Scotch Pie in the hospitality environs of Celtic Park.

Will you be partaking in the various non seafood deleights of the hospitality suites of Celtic Park this season Tony ?

Hectic

Yeah some Celtic fan alright that does not even remember Bangura playing a against us in Europe while loaned out. Even funnier that Tony's 'good friend' Neil Lennon was in charge at the time. Must not have had that conversation in the few seconds they were friends when he saw him at the local filling station.

The mask continues to slip.

Good news is Rodgers has shown the way to do damage to City so maybe Spurs will have learned something ahead of the weekend.

Anyway another great night in Celtic Park, breathless at times and we could all dissect every passage of play in the game but given it was supposed to just be a matter of how many City won by it has to go down as a very good point. Roll on the next one.

Nigel White

I'd say you ate plenty of those in your time lardy

tonto1888

So no response to anything else? No admission of how wrong you were regarding he outcome of this game?

stew

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 29, 2016, 10:12:55 AM
Guys who do you listen too? A Rangers fan OWCer in disguise or Sutton, Ferdinand and Dunne who have played at the highest levels? £420M vs £20M in terms of team assembly costs. All pundits agree that Rodgers has improved the team. Even McMenimem stated that last year under Deila that that team would have crumbled. Great performance and a great result. Flawed biased analysis from the Prawn Sandwich eating troll can't change that.

Ffs dry them! Tony might be many things but a hun supporter he is not!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hectic

Look what we are watching is the foundations of Brendan Rodgers Celtic and there is a lot to be positive about. This is probably still a bit off what it will look like personnel wise but regardless it will still be a team based on attacking principles.

Yes you could pick holes, it was disappointing to concede approx ten mins after each goal but if you want to spin that positive we kept going after each set back against high quality opposition.

I did not hear anything but positivity from supporters within the stadium and on the journey home. As such it must take a special case to look at where we are at right now and twist it into a total negative.

Zero credibility for our troll. I hope he stuck all his winnings from the first bet on the second one backing City to win at 3 2 down. As they say, a fool and his money........

Main Street

The transformation from the insipid european performances of the last few seasons to last night was magical.
The players are definitely playing for Rogers,  Forrest is a player transformed.

Brown carried the team when they needed it, he was relentlessly savage in the middle late on, when around him players were wilting from exhaustion.
The subs bench was light, Armstrong  for Rogic was a worry and Griffith for Bitton was  another,  a striker for a midfielder. I though Rodgers was stretching  the credibility of the attacking philosophy beyond sanity, fortunately City couldn't take full advantage. I suppose the substition  reminded me of Lennon's  Watt on for Lustig v Barca (minus the positive effect).

The first goal was marginal on/offside, Dembele was level or near enough level  to be regarded as  level, not even worth a discussion. One of those,  it is what the official says it is.

stew

If Tony is such a troll why do the Celtic Zealots attack him instead of ignore him?

I watched a half of last nights game in a well known drinking hole in Armagh, the level of ignorance on view was staggering considering these people have been watching the game for decades, I watched the second half at home and was mightily impressed with Celtic and especially the supporters, they were unreal.

Scott Brown may well be on the wane but last night he was tremendous as was Toure but lads if Tony can wind you up with his bullshit you need to check yourselves.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: stew on September 29, 2016, 02:35:04 PM
If Tony is such a troll why do the Celtic Zealots attack him instead of ignore him?

I watched a half of last nights game in a well known drinking hole in Armagh, the level of ignorance on view was staggering considering these people have been watching the game for decades, I watched the second half at home and was mightily impressed with Celtic and especially the supporters, they were unreal.

Scott Brown may well be on the wane but last night he was tremendous as was Toure but lads if Tony can wind you up with his bullshit you need to check yourselves.
+1001

Main Street

I wonder would I be staggered  by the level of ignorance about football in an Armagh drinking hole?