62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2016, 07:14:38 AM
That was not this time last year,but after the exit from the Champions League

illdecide

Rodgers & Celtic must be doing something right as i was on their website looking for season tickets and there wouldn't be 100 season tickets left for sale...almost sold out. I'll assume they keep back about 8000 seats for general sale  (think that's what it used to be). Not a bad turnaround from last season.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Exactly.They were all sold on the basis that we have a top class manager who will arrest the underachievement.All those season ticket holders will be disappointed to say the least if Rogers fails to qualify for Group stages.

Another test tonight against Motherwell.Can we for once sew the game up well before the final whistle and not be biting our nails or relying on a late penalty?

Ulick

I think I've reached peak semantic satiation with Tony's use of the word "top" on this thread of late.

T Fearon

Top is an apt word.But sadly not applicable to Celtic's performances this season.

imtommygunn

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2016, 04:12:24 PM
Top is an apt word.But sadly not applicable to Celtic's performances this season.
All is relative Twan, Celtic are top in Scotland which is their bread and butter, United spent 100 million on Pogba and are inn the Europa league, small resources these days mean mediocre results no matter the manager.

Crew illustrate this perfectly, they have a famed academy yet the first team languish in the lower divisions, no matter the manager.

99 times out of a hundred, there is few managers that make an outstanding difference to their teams lot in life.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JimStynes

Tony won't be happy until Celtic fail this year.

T Fearon

Celtic is owned and run by hard headed businessmen.They have gone out on a limb to secure the services of an alleged top manager,at a very high salary and have made an unprecedented amount of funding available to him to strengthen the team.His remit in return for this significant investment is simply to end underachievement of recent years and and losing crucial games to inferior opposition (eg Malmo and Rangers and Ross County last year).In other words the businessmen,not unreasonably,are looking for a quick return on their investment.

Expectations have been raised,the maximum quota of season tickets sold etc,all in the belief that the current manager will deliver.This is not an unrealistic objective and presumably the manager himself fully agreed with this scenario prior to accepting the job.There is no excuse for failure.

STREET FIGHTER

FFS give it a rest Tony....

Come back at the end of the season....

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2016, 06:22:08 PM
Celtic is owned and run by hard headed businessmen.They have gone out on a limb to secure the services of an alleged top manager,at a very high salary and have made an unprecedented amount of funding available to him to strengthen the team.His remit in return for this significant investment is simply to end underachievement of recent years and and losing crucial games to inferior opposition (eg Malmo and Rangers and Ross County last year).In other words the businessmen,not unreasonably,are looking for a quick return on their investment.

Expectations have been raised,the maximum quota of season tickets sold etc,all in the belief that the current manager will deliver.This is not an unrealistic objective and presumably the manager himself fully agreed with this scenario prior to accepting the job.There is no excuse for failure.

An unprecedented amount of money available? Just how much is that tony?

Gabriel_Hurl

heffo

Looking well so far here, Rodgers new signings linking up well

T Fearon

Routine win against sub standard opposition.Praising this is akin to praising a postman for delivering letters

naka

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2016, 09:05:27 PM
Routine win against sub standard opposition.Praising this is akin to praising a postman for delivering letters
Tony give up while you are ahead 🙄