7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

snoopdog

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 19, 2016, 01:15:29 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 19, 2016, 01:13:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2016, 12:58:43 PM
Quote from: lenny on April 19, 2016, 12:26:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2016, 11:13:33 AM
thought I'd posted this..... Anyway the talk about Rangers not being Rangers.... is it down to the fact that Celtic fans can now say that the new Rangers will never match Celtic record and Celtic will eventually beat Rangers record, so becoming the most successful domestic team in Scotland? Is that it? Rangers still play in Ibrox, same fans and same tops?

They were liquidated, that is not in question. They changed their name to the rangers and started up again as a new club.

Yep, that's the answer I was expecting
Same stadium same sectarian fan base.  Same club. You guys are kidding yourselves in a pointless argument.

So they'll have a lot of debt to pay back then?
Fact is celtic would be small time without Rangers you guys need them as much as they need you. Debt or not new club or not. Not so long ago celtic were nearly bust.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2016, 01:18:27 PM
thought I'd posted this..... Anyway the talk about Rangers not being Rangers.... is it down to the fact that Celtic fans can now say that the new Rangers will never match Celtic record and Celtic will eventually beat Rangers record, so becoming the most successful domestic team in Scotland? Is that it? Rangers still play in Ibrox, same fans and same tops?

They were liquidated, that is not in question. They changed their name to the rangers and started up again as a new club.

Same stadium same sectarian fan base.  Same club. You guys are kidding yourselves in a pointless argument.

so no one has answered my point, is it because Rangers have a better domestic history than Celtic in terms of leagues and the like, do they feel this Rangers (the new ones) are a completely different club with no history? Marathon changed its name to Snickers ... still a Marathon to me

It's basically because when it comes to trophies and honours Rangers claim to be the same club but when it comes to the debt of Old Rangers they claim it's nothing to do with them.

trueblue1234

so no one has answered my point, is it because Rangers have a better domestic history than Celtic in terms of leagues and the like, do they feel this Rangers (the new ones) are a completely different club with no history? Marathon changed its name to Snickers ... still a Marathon to me

Mars did not go into liquidation. If you don't understand that, then there's no where to go really is there?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Arthur_Friend

[/quote]
Quote from: snoopdog on April 19, 2016, 01:19:51 PM

Fact is celtic would be small time without Rangers you guys need them as much as they need you. Debt or not new club or not. Not so long ago celtic were nearly bust.
I'm not a Celtic fan. I did find the whole Rangers meltdown interesting though. Rangers are a new startup with all the assets (and fans) of the old club. Rules were broken even to get them into Scottish League 2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 19, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

It's basically because when it comes to trophies and honours Rangers claim to be the same club but when it comes to the debt of Old Rangers they claim it's nothing to do with them.

So the nitty gritty is basically bragging rights?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Either you are at the wind up or you are genuine in your enquiry. Either way here goes.
This has nothing to do with how many trophies that their first incarnation won other than that for 20odd years they were aided by financial doping (never mind the help from officialdom, that's a whole other story).
This is about the alleged dodgy dealings between Murray and his masonic cronies at the bank. If they had not cheated they would have been well down in terms of success. In the early 1990's A Director of Rangers warned Murray about his running of the club and where it was leading. His and their arrogance and sense of entitlement led them to where they were 5years ago and eventual LIQUIDATION. Also this is not an 'obsession' just for Celtic fans,  most other clubs in Scotland wanted the same as us,  justice.
This was actually symptomatic of how things have worked in Scotland for many many years and does not just relate to football. Look up Skye bridge scandal on Google!

tonto1888

nearly being the operative word here. Celtic did not go bust, did not get liquidated.

screenexile

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 19, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

Their website still lists their same honours and I'm pretty sure the trophy room in Ibrox is still there... it's the same club lads and as much as it shouldn't be that's fair enough but it's still Rangers!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ned on April 19, 2016, 01:53:00 PM

Either you are at the wind up or you are genuine in your enquiry. Either way here goes.
This has nothing to do with how many trophies that their first incarnation won other than that for 20odd years they were aided by financial doping (never mind the help from officialdom, that's a whole other story).
This is about the alleged dodgy dealings between Murray and his masonic cronies at the bank. If they had not cheated they would have been well down in terms of success. In the early 1990's A Director of Rangers warned Murray about his running of the club and where it was leading. His and their arrogance and sense of entitlement led them to where they were 5years ago and eventual LIQUIDATION. Also this is not an 'obsession' just for Celtic fans,  most other clubs in Scotland wanted the same as us,  justice.
This was actually symptomatic of how things have worked in Scotland for many many years and does not just relate to football. Look up Skye bridge scandal on Google!

I know they were cooking the books, what company doesn't?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

foxcommander

Since this is a new club with no league trophies surely Rangers shouldn't be wearing the 5 stars on their badge unless they are fans of

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

ashman

The seethe here is comical .  One British soccerball team beat another British soccerball team each from a dump of a city .  You know none of the well remunerated players , the clubs have no real impact on your lives and yet many refer to these organisations as "us " and "we".

Champion The Wonder Horse

If the club currently operating out of Ibrox is the same club as the liquidated one, how come both existed simultaneously for a period of time and how come the former needed the transfer of a licence from the latter to be allowed to compete in their stead?

I'm confused.

Applesisapples

Guys whatever about the corporate Rangers, when it comes down to it the people that matter i.e. the supporters really make the club what it is, so Rangers is Rangers. It is a moot point as to whether they can claim the honours of past teams, but going forward fans on both sides will see the matches for what they are, a chance to be top dog for a day. It was good to see agreement between both sets of supporters as the Rangers fans struck up a chorus of "your getting sacked in the morning" for aul Delilah.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 19, 2016, 04:35:43 PM
Guys whatever about the corporate Rangers, when it comes down to it the people that matter i.e. the supporters really make the club what it is, so Rangers is Rangers. It is a moot point as to whether they can claim the honours of past teams, but going forward fans on both sides will see the matches for what they are, a chance to be top dog for a day. It was good to see agreement between both sets of supporters as the Rangers fans struck up a chorus of "your getting sacked in the morning" for aul Delilah.

Agreed

straightred

Glad you brought that up. At the time everyone knew that the club history was on the line but Fergus McCann stepped in, settled the debt and took the club back form the brink.Every penny was paid and it is his legacy that the club is debt free today.

The exact same arguments then took place when rangers got into trouble with even the not so neutral Walter Smith weighing in and saying that the history would be gone if they were liquidated. There were liquidated and they died. Its actually far worse than this as it turns out that as as many as 9 of their titles were funded through illegal tax scams but Scotland being scotland that too has gone unchecked.

In terms of were we are now you'll find that the average rangers fan thinks that saying something often enough will make it true. It wont. Every club will remind them from now to eternity of how they walked away on almost 300 creditors and expected  them all to forgive and forget. The fans might be the same an dthe stadium might be the same but the club isn't. It simply can't be no matter how much they wish it could.