62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stibhan

Quote from: foxcommander on September 02, 2014, 04:48:01 AM
Quote from: stibhan on September 02, 2014, 02:04:59 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 01, 2014, 10:39:55 PM
I see that striker Scepovic has signed for the hoops after turning celtic down yesterday for Sporting Gijon. Yep, that's who you are competing with for signings.

That's one sure fire way to start a good relationship with the fanbase....

Actually it was Getafe, a La Liga team. He signed from Gijon.

Yer right. He's such a nobody it's fairly irrelevant where they got him from or who he turned down.

I pine for the days of marquee signings such as Wayne Biggins, Dion Dublin and Henri Camara.

If you don't know who Getafe are then I don't think you're qualified to be making comments about where Celtic are operating at the minute.

general

did the deal with the swedish guy Guidetti go through from man city?

Under Lights

Quote from: general on September 02, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

No. Would have been a good signing too. He scored a pile of goals in Holland.

foxcommander

Quote from: stibhan on September 02, 2014, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 02, 2014, 04:48:01 AM
Quote from: stibhan on September 02, 2014, 02:04:59 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 01, 2014, 10:39:55 PM
I see that striker Scepovic has signed for the hoops after turning celtic down yesterday for Sporting Gijon. Yep, that's who you are competing with for signings.

That's one sure fire way to start a good relationship with the fanbase....

Actually it was Getafe, a La Liga team. He signed from Gijon.

Yer right. He's such a nobody it's fairly irrelevant where they got him from or who he turned down.

I pine for the days of marquee signings such as Wayne Biggins, Dion Dublin and Henri Camara.

If you don't know who Getafe are then I don't think you're qualified to be making comments about where Celtic are operating at the minute.

Because I don't watch Spanish football....I researched and saw they avoided relegation by 3 points.

Where Celtic are operating at shouldnt ever have had signings such as Amido Balde or Mo Bangura. Better off giving youth teams a shout than waste money on these. Save up for a top signing than 3 sh*t ones.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

Interesting the players that have left celtic for  England in the last 12 months,Hooper,Wanyama hardly set the world alight,Ledley doing ok at Palace and Forster will be good for Southampton,but no world beaters and Celtic probably got over the odds for every one of them

general

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2014, 10:13:48 AM
Quote from: general on September 02, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

No. Would have been a good signing too. He scored a pile of goals in Holland.

FIFA have granted Celtic special dispensation to sign striker John Guidetti on loan from Manchester City.

The Scottish champions failed to complete the necessary paperwork before Monday's transfer deadline, but an appeal to FIFA was submitted on their behalf by the country's football authorities.

That appeal has succeeded, and the 22-year-old Swede is free to move north on a season-long loan as planned.

Delighted to have finally joined @celticfc on loan ... Can't wait to get started and play in front those fans #TheBhoys
A FIFA spokesperson said: "After checking the documentation received and the information contained in the international transfer matching system managed by FIFA TMS, the Scottish Football Association was informed today that the envisaged loan deal may proceed."

from skysports! good player

Archie Mitchell

Very good player. Scored goals for fun when was on loan at Feyenoord then was struck down with a mystery illness. Never really got a chance again at City due to that and the strikers they had available at the time.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2014, 10:30:45 PM
Interesting the players that have left celtic for  England in the last 12 months,Hooper,Wanyama hardly set the world alight,Ledley doing ok at Palace and Forster will be good for Southampton,but no world beaters and Celtic probably got over the odds for every one of them
Hooper scored 6 goals in a struggling norwich side, so he's not doing too badly. Transfer rumours linking him to QPR and Palace.

general

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 05, 2014, 01:32:15 PM
Hooper scored 6 goals in a struggling norwich side, so he's not doing too badly. Transfer rumours linking him to QPR and Palace.

to be fair to wanyama, he wasn't bought by Southampton to set the world alight, he does his job quietly and efficiently there. made a real difference for them alongside schneiderlin last season. he played a vital role in their excellent performance and league standing last season

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 05, 2014, 01:32:15 PM
agree
Hooper would do better in a good side that gets the ball into the box. Norwich are not that side. woeful in midfeld.
Id be half afraid the same problem happens Guidetti - maybe not in spl, but in mickey mouse Europa cup - Celtic midfield (with mulgrew there) not being great.

wanyama wasn't a loss to Celtic as he gifted the ball away too much, his prowess from set pieces and goals in Europe papered over this.
Ambrose likewise, but he can also have some outstanding games too so I wouldn't be quick to discard him. Wanyama is still young and learning though.

T Fearon

I am sure every striker who joins Celtic wants to emulate Larsson,just as every striker who joins Liverpool wants to emulate Rush

Over the Bar

QuoteI am sure every striker who joins Celtic wants to emulate Larsson,just as every striker who joins Liverpool wants to emulate Rush

You're showing your age Tone.  Rookie Liverpool strikers want to emulate Suarez... it's their grandfathers who've actually see Liverpool win a title who want them to emulate Ian Rush!

sylvieslynanesnutsack