?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Celtic need the CL money
It would be easier on the clubs reputation to get hammered by the big clubs than being hammered for less money in Europa league by lesser clubs

15 million would hardly by the 3 or 4 players Celtic need

Hopefully legia don't win their final appeal next week, and Maribor have a nightmare two legs.

Is ambrose avail again?
Playing at Celtic park is also a big help

If legia lose appeal, at worst Celtic are guaranteed euro football

T Fearon

Have a nice day hosted by Stevie Chalmers in No7 restaurant at a home match to look forward to this season.Will wait until things settle down then I'll combine it with a good concert in the Hydro and make a weekend out of it!

From the Bunker

Quote from: under the bar on August 16, 2014, 12:10:55 AM
Celtic could have wiped out their estimated £15M debt by investing a fraction of that in transfers/wages to get through 1 CL qualifier tie.

Or they could not qualify and double that debt! Throwing money at a problem doesn't always solve the problem!

illdecide

6-1 win today and played much better...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Yes, new signings all imprssed and a good shape and tempo.Encouraging going into the ties with Maribor

lynchbhoy

Still a long way to go when facing euro teams !!

T Fearon

I see Jan Tomaszeckski the famous Polish keeper who denied England in 1973 is now calling on Celtic to be hounded in every stadium they play in,on account of the Legia Warsaw debacle.I'm beginning to wish Norman Hunter hadn't slipped that night :D

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2014, 09:52:18 PM
I see Jan Tomaszeckski the famous Polish keeper who denied England in 1973 is now calling on Celtic to be hounded in every stadium they play in,on account of the Legia Warsaw debacle.I'm beginning to wish Norman Hunter hadn't slipped that night :D

Yeah read that today too...wtf. What has this whole thing got to do with Celtic? The row is between Legia and UEFA
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

I saw where legia's polish league opponents played the champions league music at half time - the opponents fans were chanting 'Glasgow Celtic' at this time!

That will drive them even madder!

T Fearon

Legia seem to think that Celtic should waive the rules and let them through on the basis that Legia won the tie 6-1 and the player in question had no impact.

Interestingly BBC Scotland conducted a vox pop outside Celtic Park yesterday and only one Celtic supporter agreed that Celtic should forfeit their place to Legia and earn huge kudos for doing so.Back in the studio Packie Bonnar said that this would result in both Celtic and Legia being in breach of the rules and both would be kicked out of the tournament.

rrhf

I see the rangers violations as up to 11 illegal players playing over many years and it cost Celtic maybe 5 league titles. I can therefore understand when those titles weren't awarded to second placed Celtic why they are not falling over themselves to be the" bigger man" over this.  Who can blame the Tim alloys? 

T Fearon

If there are rules with clear penalties for breaches then to waive such penalties makes the rules meaningless.

Celtic have been awarded the tie on the basis that their opponents broke the rules.Simple as that

Main Street

Quote from: under the bar on August 16, 2014, 12:10:55 AM
Celtic could have wiped out their estimated £15M debt by investing a fraction of that in transfers/wages to get through 1 CL qualifier tie.
Celtic fc's modest debt has been wiped out a while ago.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/celtic-debt-all-but-wiped-out-by-champions-league-run-1-2785899

feb 2013
progress to the last 16 of the Champions League this season.

The run has almost wiped out the club's entire debt as they made a pre-tax profit of almost £15 million in the second half of last year.

The Scottish champions yesterday published their interim accounts for the six months to 31 December 2012, a period that saw manager Neil Lennon successfully guide his squad through a lucrative Champions League group stage campaign against Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow. The effect on Celtic's accounts, released on the eve of tonight's last-16 first leg meeting with Juventus at Parkhead, has been dramatic.

The club's debt has been reduced to an almost negligible £130,000, compared with the £7.05m deficit they posted for the same period 12 months earlier. As well as the pre-tax profit of nearly £15m, turnover increased by 71 per cent to £50.06m.

rodney trotter

rodney trotter