Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Club Rossa

An absolute shambles,and it could have been 6 or 7 ???

Sidney

Celtic as a club are going absolutely nowhere. The season will already be effectively over unless a miracle can be pulled off in the second leg.

Incredible to think there were some supporters who wanted Lennon to go.

naka

Appalling by Celtic
They talk like a big club and act like a non league club.

foxcommander

Playing football in July should not be tolerated. "Champions" league format is a joke.
Bring back the old European cup with no seeding involved. Give everyone a fair crack.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

Tonight showed why Lennon left.Not impossible to turn this around,not as bad as Artemedia in 05 which was nearly turned around.What is to be done? Even if they could persuade big name players to come,they can't afford the fees or wages,through no fault of their own.

Shame is that FIFA and UEFA have allowed legendary clubs like Celtic,Benfica,Ajax,Anderlecht to whither and practically die.

lynchbhoy

Certainly Celtic have overtaken liverpool to having the worst defence in Western Europe.

All of these defenders were lennons men- but it was the poor cover in midfield that killed Celtic.
Prev seasons Celtic got 10 men behind the ball in Europe which mitigated against these players lack of defensive ability. Only van djik and at times lustig showed their ability.

So I blame the lack of signings.
I blame the players Lennon left.
I blame the new manager for a Gordon strachan/artmedia type of naivety in trying to play football when the team are completely mid transition to new style.

Oh for a samaras tonight! Plus a bit of cop on and getting 10 men behind the ball.
Celtic would have struggled against shelbourne reserve team tonight as the celts were just not at the races with passing, touch, movement, ideas, creativity, fitness ....
Legia are a poor enough side which makes this result even worse!
I don't think they can get back in this tie. Maybe it's to be expected given a new manager and while new style and learning curve for the players.
There's always the Europa league to practice for next seasons CL 

Boghopper

Delia is unfairly getting the flak the players seem to have put in a poor shift,  Delia needs time to impose his stamp on the team (unfortunately that is not a commodity he will have at Parkhead) I just hope he's a bit more clued in than Tony Mowbray who promised to pay attacking football at Celtic and failed. Its all about getting results at Celtic sometimes playing pretty football does not bring you those results.

The SPL is such a terrible league and we should still win the league regardless, not having CL football would be a huge blow financially and for the supporters especially at a time when morale is low I Scottish Football although I would still Delia a chance even if the team fail to reach the CL. Gordon Strachan and Neil Lennon failed to negotiate the CL qualifiers in their first season yet both turned out to b e decent managers.

I hope we can muster a 3 nil result next week although knowing this team they will concede a goal its not impossible remember last year http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23776602.

The glut of money that clubs not even a quarter of the size of Celtic have in England is ridiculous big clubs such as Celtic, Ajax, Feyenoord, Club Brugge, Anderlecht can not compete with the Stoke Cities of this world. The Governing bodies have allowed this to happen, a game dictated by money says it all when a player publicly whinges about his club forgetting his birthday.

illdecide

I sat with Neil Lennon 2 weeks before he resigned talking about possible signings for this season and at that stage Peter Lawell walked past us, Neil just rolled his eyes and said "sure he sells any good players I have and won't give me the money to replace them". I quickly worked out that those two men did not see eye to eye and Neil found out that Peter had planned to sell Forster and wouldn't give Samaras a new contract and that's when Lennon said " enough is enough ". I thought Neil was a good manager who was getting better as he gained more experience and matured and to bring that team to both knock out and group stages of CL was a major success and had the team punching above their weight.

There are too many average players on the team ATM who continually get showed in the bigger competitions but can still do a job in Scotland, tonight C Mulgrew (again), Kayal, Lustig, Johansen, Berget and Pukki were nowhere near the standard required... We were actually very lucky we didn't get beat 7-1 by a team that wouldn't finish any higher than mid table in the English Championship... We can certainly win the home leg but to overturn a 4-1 defeat is just unrealistic. Ronny Deila could still work out as a good coach (only time will tell) but the old saying always pops up..." You don't miss what you had until its gone"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Syferus

Surely it's time Celic (and Rangers) feck off to the EPL and play in a proper league? Might be able to attract a nice Arabian prince then too.

T Fearon

I don't think the tie is finished.In front of a rocking Celtic Park next week and an early goal,a 3 nil win is achievable,but what's the point in qualifying for the group stages? Might get big money but the team would be lucky to get one point out of six games.

What about this young lad Robertson that Dundee Utd sold to Hull for £3m? Celtic released him a couple of years ago on the basis he was too small?

charlieTully

Is the match not in murrayfield again next week?

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

nrico2006

Pretty embarrassing stuff from Celtic, but I suppose you come to expect these kind of results from small clubs when they get a sniff of European football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2014, 10:50:47 PM
Tonight showed why Lennon left.Not impossible to turn this around,not as bad as Artemedia in 05 which was nearly turned around.What is to be done? Even if they could persuade big name players to come,they can't afford the fees or wages,through no fault of their own.

Shame is that FIFA and UEFA have allowed legendary clubs like Celtic,Benfica,Ajax,Anderlecht to whither and practically die.
Tony I disagree, Celtic's woes are of the boards making, they have a world wide fan base that most outside of the top 5 or 6 European teams would kill for. They are guaranteed a tilt at the CL every year. They could afford to build a squad that would reach the last 16 each year and reap the financial rewards. Then there is the image and merchandising money that good players gerarate. Who outside of their small native homelands would want Pukki or Stokes on a shirt.

illdecide

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 31, 2014, 12:00:54 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2014, 10:50:47 PM

Tony I disagree, Celtic's woes are of the boards making, they have a world wide fan base that most outside of the top 5 or 6 European teams would kill for. They are guaranteed a tilt at the CL every year. They could afford to build a squad that would reach the last 16 each year and reap the financial rewards. Then there is the image and merchandising money that good players gerarate. Who outside of their small native homelands would want Pukki or Stokes on a shirt.

I disagree Apples, if Celtic pay big money for big players and pay top wages that does not guarantee you anything and automatic qualification is by far a certainty. Two years in a row of non qualification would be enough to put them under...I do agree that the board can def do a bit more than they're doing but they do have to be careful. I think the got about 2 million last year from TV rights, the bottom teams in the English Premiership expect about 80 million this year from TV rights...there's the difference
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch