?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on August 21, 2013, 09:03:11 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2013, 02:05:30 PM
......The central defense is a joke and has been for some time now, midfield is OK for workers but have no flair and up front we are now relying on an in consistant forward who turns it on 1 game in 5
Make your mind up,  the 'experts' on here and Celtic fans in general  were pouring scorn on Ambrose and Wilson. The so called CH joke of Ambrose and Wilson have been the CH pairing that brought Celtic into the last 16 and would have been more than adequate to deal with the Kazakhs last night.
For all his faults, Ambrose could have been sleepwalking and made a better fist of the CH duties than any one of that rookie pairing last night. The dropping of Ambrose was instrumental to Celtic conceding 2.  I'd rather have Ambrose as a holding or wide midfielder
Samaras isn't an out and out striker, He's okay as a target man up front but needs a striker to play off him. He's not the player for a lone striker role. He's a wide player who roams. So what are you on about Samaras, a player who turns it on 1 in 5?  Let Samaras play his game out wide and generally he delivers.
Commons was about the only one who got marks for effort.
One nil would have been a decent result, 2 nil is very tricky but I have little doubt that Celtic can turn this tie around.
The Kazakhs won't have a clue what effective game they have to play in Glasgow in order to hold onto their advantage. Celtic can wipe the floor with them, just as long as Lennon selects a striker this time.

I have made my mind up, we haven't had a good CH pairing in a long time. Wilson was good enough but Ambrose was/is below average. The two guys on Tuesday nite were cleaned out. I agree with you that Samaras's best position is wide midfield and cutting in but he's still in consistant as i stated. If he was doing it every week he'd be playing at a higher level as he's unplayable when he's on form but IMO he only does it now and again. Commons looked our only real danger on Tuesday nite but what i didn't like was his bickering to the other players when a pass didn't go his way, he's one of our better players but he's not Messi...

Anyway it's only my opinion and it may not be correct or you may believe something else but there you go. Yes, i was a bit angry when i posted yesterday about the result but I'll still support them win lose or draw.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Celtic haven't had a competent centre back pairing since Mjallby and Balde (Bobo). Still Wilson and Ambrose (with the exception of the Juve game at home) did the business last year.

T Fearon

Boylesports price next week at 2/9 Celtic, 11/1 Shaktar, which would suggest they think its a formality the Celtic will do it.

illdecide

Celtic have suspended a plan to relocate supporters in section 111, known to house the "Green Brigade".

Fans in the section were expected to be offered a refund or given the chance to relocate after ignoring safety concerns.

However, the club decided to halt the relocation following talks with fans.

In a statement, Celtic said they had received assurances from fans and would monitor behaviour on a "match-by-match" basis.

The Green Brigade is a self-styled "ultras" group of fans known for banner displays and chanting.

Earlier this month, the club highlighted unsafe "lateral movement of spectators" and "body surfing", along with damage to 190 seats in the area over the last four home matches.

"The club is pleased to have engaged in positive dialogue in relation to this matter"

Celtic statement

Celtic said there were concerns over the club receiving a safety certificate for the stadium.

However, the club said on Friday: "Following extensive and positive discussions with supporters' representatives for the section, the club has received assurances relating to previously raised safety concerns and unsafe behaviour within the stadium.

"Celtic has engaged with the Glasgow City Council Safety Advisory Group regarding this matter and they have noted these assurances.

"This matter will be monitored on an ongoing, match-by-match, basis by both the club and the safety advisory group.

"Celtic Football Club would like to re-iterate its commitment and responsibility to ensuring the safety of everyone who visits Celtic Park. It is our absolute priority.

"The club is pleased to have engaged in positive dialogue in relation to this matter.

"We thank the safety advisory group and supporters' representatives for their continued co-operation and we look forward to working together to ensure a safe environment in the stadium."

At a recent Champions League qualifier against Cliftonville, pyrotechnics were set off during the match requiring a stadium announcement instructing fans to desist from such behaviour.

The club are now subject to disciplinary action for a contravention of Uefa's safety and security regulations

lynchbhoy

Green brigade given a stay of execution until after the CL qualifying game it would seem as the club needs the crowd to generate atmosphere to spur the lads on and win - therefore guaranteeing more cl revenue....

I have to say that I was annoyed at lennon when I found out he went for a new centre half pairing and dropped ambrose. While I dont think ambrose is the best centre half celtic have had and that he gives the ball away too much, he has done well enough so far this season and is match fit.
Not playing stokes was another mistake (or was he inj?). Celtic need scoring strikers and stokes & whoever up front with Samaras on the left wing would be and has proven to be a better balance in the past.
Can win the next leg, but have to take their chances. they havent been doing that this season so far and 2-0 might be too much if shakthar park the bus.

still need to buy a centre half, a goal poaching striker and a creative midfielder.

Main Street

Stay of execution or reprieve?
Anyway, it's great news for football and Celtic that the GB hold onto their section for now.

I was reading a few lines from Lennon about injured players. He said Forrest has been suffering from sciatica for a year now and it's still a major issue for him. That probably explains the gap between his promise and the present reality of his form.
Nevertheless,  under 'normal' circumstances, considering the wealth of physio treatment available and the unlimited nature of that treatment, it is astounding that this physical issue has been left to fester. I managed to fully cure my sciatica by checking out a few You Tube videos. It cost me nothing.
And what use is that Donegal motivator anyway?

I should give Lennon my phone number, there's something drastically wrong in paradise.

illdecide

Plenty of people around the town here are very optimistic about tonight's game but I'm not at all and I'm basing it on our last few performances...Can we guarantee that they'll not score? Nope. Can Celtic score at least two goals? Yes. Celtic work hard and have grafters but we lack a we bit of flair or magic needed. I hope I'm wrong and Celtic tank the feckers which will then follow on with 2-3 signings before Monday's dead line.

Their manager has said they have qualified for the group stages of a European competition whether it's Europa League or Champions League and that's all that matters so hopefully they're content just to be there and Celtic's hunger to qualify will push them over the edge.

Milltown Row2

This is not looking good for the Scottish lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oraisteach

T Fearon

1 more will do! Commons to score and Celtic to win was 6/4 with William Hill.Had me a slice of hat!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 28, 2013, 08:56:14 PM
1 more will do! Commons to score and Celtic to win was 6/4 with William Hill.Had me a slice of hat!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Here we go again, Tony and his bets that he tells ya, after they happen   ;D

T Fearon

Sash.Also have a double paying over 3/1 A C Milan and Celtic -2 so another goal still required!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 28, 2013, 09:05:15 PM
Sash.Also have a double paying over 3/1 A C Milan and Celtic -2 so another goal still required!

Nearly up in the air there, life in Borat yet