Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Central defence was very poor today again, I'm no expert on soccer but the dog in the street can see where Celtic's weaknesses are. Jasus someone please buy two centre halves and sell that other big p***k Boyata (Bomb scare anyway, he has a couple of decent games for Belgium and he f**king thinks he Franko Baresi)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tippabu

Quote from: illdecide on August 18, 2018, 09:32:01 PM
Central defence was very poor today again, I'm no expert on soccer but the dog in the street can see where Celtic's weaknesses are. Jasus someone please buy two centre halves and sell that other big p***k Boyata (Bomb scare anyway, he has a couple of decent games for Belgium and he f**king thinks he Franko Baresi)

Its been that way for years....denyar is being made out as being a world beater too, he had vvd beside him who as has shown is absolute different class. I dunno what centre half or where we find one but we need one soon....Hendry is simply no where near it, love lustig but he doesn't seem up to it anymore. Up front a fit Eddie, dembele and rogic behind we should still walk spl. Can't wait for 2nd of Sept, no doubt 'they' have had a huge improvement in belief on and off the pitch since Gerrard came in but every time they though the rangers are coming we've put them in their place and fully expect that again.

Orior

Talk of ten in a row is nonsense. With Gerrard at the helm, Rangers must be favourites for the league this season.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cadhlancian

My nephew was playing center midfield for Partick today . Unfortunately had to go off with an injury at 37 minutes ...

From the Bunker

Bring back Ronnie Deila! Massive Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup record!

JimStynes

I don't think Celtic will win 10 in a row. They'll make a balls of it somewhere along the way. The team needs freshened up big time as it seems like it's went stale.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on August 20, 2018, 08:14:23 AM
I don't think Celtic will win 10 in a row. They'll make a balls of it somewhere along the way. The team needs freshened up big time as it seems like it's went stale.

Jim every successful team adds a player or two each season to keep it fresh and keep players on their toes, if you stay static you will fall behind and eventually one of the other teams with a greater desire will take you out by the roots. Celtic may well get away with it this year (or may not, who knows) but this current Celtic team needs 3 new players ASAP. (I know you know this as you're the Jimmy Magee of Co Antrim ;))

illdecide

illdecide

Aberdeen have rejected a bid in the region of £3.5m from Celtic for defender Scott McKenna.

The Pittodrie club are adamant that the 21-year-old centre-back will not be sold during this transfer window.

The Scotland international, who is currently recovering from a hamstring injury, has won four international caps since making his debut in March.

Celtic are keen to strengthen their defensive options, with Dedryck Boyata's future still uncertain.

Speed of McKenna's rise a surprise - Gemmill
Aberdeen rejected three bids from Hull City in January for McKenna, who signed a contract extension on improved terms in March this year, running to 2023.

Swansea were also believed to be interested in the player before the English transfer window closed earlier this month.

McKenna played in both legs of Aberdeen's Europa League tie with Burnley but suffered a hamstring injury in their opening Premiership game against Rangers, which will keep him out until next month.

'He's one for the future' - analysis
Former Celtic forward Kris Commons on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound

He would be a good addition because Celtic have been crying out for a good centre-half.

He's not had a great deal of football - four international caps - so at the minute he's one for the future. In 12-18 months you'll probably see the best of him. He's on a long-term deal as well so he's in no rush.

Celtic aren't going to pay £8m, £9m, £10m for a centre-half that's 21 and was playing on loan at Ayr United just over a year ago. He got his experience in the lower leagues but this is a guy that's only played 30-plus games for Aberdeen. He's not played 300 games in competitive football.

illdecide

I dunno about this...looks like to me Celtic are showing desperation trying to buy anything to keep fans happy. Is he going to be any better than what's already there (couldn't be hard), glad to see Aberdeen have more balls than us regarding selling.

ned

He certainly isn't a 'cultured' CB but probably better than Hendry in terms of out and out defending. 3.5m seems steep, would have wanted an experienced centre half for that price.

Dire Ear

1-0 up after 3mins , but concede by 12th.....

Applesisapples

This Celtic team at the moment is making me yearn for the golden years under Ronnie and the famous roar. Abject defending and all the cutting edge of a plastic spoon.

Targetman

Definitely missing that spark that has been obvious the last 2 seasons, hopefully that will change when slippy g and his mob come calling on 2nd September, feck that's a big day with the Dubs and Tyrone on also, a super Sunday and bad Monday on the horizon!!

Orior

Quote from: Targetman on August 23, 2018, 09:04:26 PM
Definitely missing that spark that has been obvious the last 2 seasons, hopefully that will change when slippy g and his mob come calling on 2nd September, feck that's a big day with the Dubs and Tyrone on also, a super Sunday and bad Monday on the horizon!!

Terrible performance. Absolute zero penetration.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians