Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

With Joe's record of quoting nearly everyone he ever speaks to in his articles, I would be very surprised if any player spoke to him in private about what was happening. Things clearly aren't going well at the minute but the last person I would be looking to for evidence, would be the serial bullshitter, Mr Brolly!
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 04:37:30 PM
With Joe's record of quoting nearly everyone he ever speaks to in his articles, I would be very surprised if any player spoke to him in private about what was happening. Things clearly aren't going well at the minute but the last person I would be looking to for evidence, would be the serial bullshitter, Mr Brolly!

No doubt he has ramped up whatever he has heard but I can't imagine (even for Joe) him completely making it up to stir the pot.

BigFatFan

In regards to players getting game time; i have to agree.. Why remain on a panel when you know you arent going to get a sniff of football. Unfortuntely for Loughran and Cassidy; they have both been carrying injuries and im sure their respective clubs are happy not having to cover physio costs  ;)

Hugh Pat deserved a run out in the past couple of games. Seen in the county last season that he was more than capable to perform in big games for his club and mark big names!

In hiding

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 03, 2017, 04:40:55 PM

No doubt he has ramped up whatever he has heard but I can't imagine (even for Joe) him completely making it up to stir the pot.
Brolly is a tube. Of course this is made up. What county player would complain to joe brolly about training. Maybe some players do feel this way but there is no way any of them are going crying to joe brolly about it

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 03, 2017, 02:11:43 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 03, 2017, 08:53:10 AM
Its easy to keep blaming Harte and ignore the players but in reality we have lots of issues that go beyond the manager. Yesterday we tried to push up a bit but our defenders got ran all over. We lack top quality defenders and I'm not sure of to many outside of who is already involved. We also lack top quality full forwards who can win their own ball and score. Last week everyone was crying for Bradley in the full forward line. He played there a lot yesterday but couldn't win the ball. He is better in a role allowing him to go in and out so he can find space easier.

It's been a very poor finish to the league and we don't seem fit and lack leaders on the pitch. Our best players like Harte and Mattie (missing yesterday) have been poor enough. Harte's 2-4 yesterday looks much better on paper than his actual performance. Teams have also made Colm Cavanaghs role redundant by not kicking the ball in near in him.

We seriously need to look at our strategy ahead of the championship. Maybe 6 weeks of hard training now will make all the difference and we will see much more energy for the championship and better performances. If that's the case we will soon forget about a bad end to the league. But it has been a worrying few weeks. The worst thing about it is that very few of our squad members who have been given chances have shown anything at all. Thought McNulty actually did ok breaking the ball yesterday and could be an option if we our going to push up on kickouts. I'm not sure after yesterday we'll see Conall McCann involved again this year.

I agree that we did try and push up but i thought we where a bit naive as Kerry played very defensively and caught us on the counter attack time after time. I thought we looked very tired. Maybe the break has come at a good time. The journey down to Kerry in all fairness is not easy, so maybe the had a bearing on our first half shwoing. Our midfield was run ragged, our half back-line was all over the place. Full forwards for Kerry didn't seem to do much from play but over all poor enough showing.

Draw a line under the league, we stayed up which was our main aim and now to retain the ulster championship.
So sean would it be fair to say that you felt our half backs and midfielders were very poor but our full back line did well  ::)

longballin

Quote from: In hiding on April 03, 2017, 05:39:23 PM

Brolly is a tube. Of course this is made up. What county player would complain to joe brolly about training. Maybe some players do feel this way but there is no way any of them are going crying to joe brolly about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

southtyronegael

well the truth is out there for all to see now. photo of mickey on hoganstand standin for pics with kids in kerry jerseys and a big smile on his face. man has no shame.

skeog

MI 5 called in to out the so called very senior players.

teaminamillion

Quote from: longballin on April 03, 2017, 04:09:52 PM
Interesting from Brolly.... probably true: http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=268566&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Truly incredible but totally believable. When players like Matty Donnelly didn't bother contesting there red card v mayo you just know they are at a stage under the current drudge that they don't care. I must say Peter Harte celebrating scoring his first goal yesterday reminded me of his cousin Davy celebrate scoring his first half point in the 08 final. The thought process must be well look at me I scored a great score it doesn't really matter about anything else lol.

Club boi

Quote from: In hiding on April 03, 2017, 05:39:23 PM

Didn't Brolly meet and buy a ticket recently for the Trillick fundraiser off Mattie Donnelly. Just Saying

longballin

Mattie wouldnt tell you where they trained! He's not a loose talker... totally loyal.

teaminamillion

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 03, 2017, 06:04:08 PM
well the truth is out there for all to see now. photo of mickey on hoganstand standin for pics with kids in kerry jerseys and a big smile on his face. man has no shame.
Former GAA president and judge at the Tralee lovely girls competition sean kelly got his picture taken with him too. Calling Harte a "GAA Great". Tell you what we l take Fitzmaurice and his backroom team and Kerry can have Mickey and his motley crew. That LL put the cute hoorism out of them lol

BennyHarp

Brolly does what he always does. Hears a rumour or picks up on controversial topic, adds his own 50% to sensationalise whatever point he's making and sit back and watch every sheep in the country debate his nonsense. Watching Tyrone fans point the finger at which player they think spoke to him wil have the bould Joe creaming his pants. At this stage we don't know if things are 100% in the Tyrone camp or not, but like I said before I most definitely won't be looking to Joe Brolly for evidence. I would have thought Joe would be more interested in hearing, and reporting on, what the Derry players are saying about whats happening in his shambles of a county set up, but that wouldn't get him as much attention, would it?
That was never a square ball!!

teaminamillion

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 03, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Brolly does what he always does. Hears a rumour or picks up on controversial topic, adds his own 50% to sensationalise whatever point he's making and sit back and watch every sheep in the country debate his nonsense. Watching Tyrone fans point the finger at which player they think spoke to him wil have the bould Joe creaming his pants. At this stage we don't know if things are 100% in the Tyrone camp or not, but like I said before I most definitely won't be looking to Joe Brolly for evidence. I would have thought Joe would be more interested in hearing, and reporting on, what the Derry players are saying about whats happening in his shambles of a county set up, but that wouldn't get him as much attention, would it?
Benny 99% of Tyrone fans know there is something wrong. You on the other hand are in a constant state of denial even blaming poor aul Joe brolly for Tyrones ills.

sam03/05

So Joe has had this information for a couple of weeks now (in his words) and has failed in
That time to mention it. Given the loudmouth rentamouth cant keep his mouth shut at the best of times.. I smell complete bullshit!