Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

to be honest lads i think we need more than just personnel changes in the team. for me we need to fundamentally change the way we play or it wont matter who we bring in. we need to get the best footballers available and let them play in a positive manner. we have as many talented  footballers as any county in ireland. 2 i would drop immediatley are aiden mc crory and tiernan mc cann.

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 26, 2016, 08:57:39 PM
to be honest lads i think we need more than just personnel changes in the team. for me we need to fundamentally change the way we play or it wont matter who we bring in. we need to get the best footballers available and let them play in a positive manner. we have as many talented  footballers as any county in ireland. 2 i would drop immediatley are aiden mc crory and tiernan mc cann.

You have to be fishing for comments and cannot possibly be serious with this post..........

southtyronegael

the man does not belong on a football field. a running track yes. give me his brother anyday. btw im sure there is a forum somewhere about fishing but im here to discuss tyrone football.

Club boi

Irish News All Star, Without doubt 1 of the 1st names on the Tyrone team sheet, Arguably drove his team to a county title (along with Bradley) but he is essential to their game plan and tactics, Did he score 2 in the County Final from Half Back??

You might be better finding that Fishing Board because you know nothing about Tyrone Football

WT4E

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 26, 2016, 08:57:39 PM

You can't be serious????

southtyronegael

Quote from: Club boi on October 26, 2016, 10:59:25 PM
Irish News All Star, Without doubt 1 of the 1st names on the Tyrone team sheet, Arguably drove his team to a county title (along with Bradley) but he is essential to their game plan and tactics, Did he score 2 in the County Final from Half Back??

You might be better finding that Fishing Board because you know nothing about Tyrone Football
guess it shows where tyrone football is at the minute when u think he is one of the first on the team sheet. if he were in dublin, kerry or mayo hed be out the door. but i dont mean to be disrespectful to the lad i just think there are much better footballers in the county. if we are gonna be serious about winning all irelands then we need the best we have on the field.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 27, 2016, 09:29:31 PM

guess it shows where tyrone football is at the minute when u think he is one of the first on the team sheet. if he were in dublin, kerry or mayo hed be out the door. but i dont mean to be disrespectful to the lad i just think there are much better footballers in the county. if we are gonna be serious about winning all irelands then we need the best we have on the field.

He is a unique player, he wins a lot of frees, the problem is we have no one to hit them. I would have him on in half back as he adds something different than any other team has. Jack mc caffrey probably the most similar player to him except Jack is a better shooter.

You my friend are talking rubbish

sambostar

Quote from: redhandefender on October 28, 2016, 08:41:43 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 27, 2016, 09:29:31 PM

He is a unique player, he wins a lot of frees, the problem is we have no one to hit them. I would have him on in half back as he adds something different than any other team has. Jack mc caffrey probably the most similar player to him except Jack is a better shooter.

You my friend are talking rubbish
I'm not mad on him either - to compare him to Jack McCaffrey is a joke. In the big games he's been found short e.g. Kerry in 2015 and Mayo this year. He was really poor against Mayo, never ventured forward much or attempted to break the defensive line

Helpline

Don't think it was the players fault this year its the way they are sent out to play!!!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

southtyronegael

someone just compared tiarnan mc cann with jack mc caffery and had the cheek to say i was talking rubbish!lol and btw the reason tiarnan mc cann is on the tyrone team is because mickey harte sends the team out to play a running game with no kicking. if we start playing a more expansive kicking game then mc cann will be gone.

BennyHarp

Modern Gaelic football is all about being a running game. Haven't you noticed? Teirnan is very well suited to the modern game.  If we were playing in 1986 I'd probably agreed with you but until the game evolves back to kick n rush then I'm fairly confident lads like Tiernan McCann will always be of great value.
That was never a square ball!!

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 28, 2016, 11:01:01 PM
someone just compared tiarnan mc cann with jack mc caffery and had the cheek to say i was talking rubbish!lol and btw the reason tiarnan mc cann is on the tyrone team is because mickey harte sends the team out to play a running game with no kicking. if we start playing a more expansive kicking game then mc cann will be gone.

Okay 2 points. You seem to think you are better positioned to advise how this tyrone team should play than mickey harte. Wise up. You prob some overweight geek sitting posting between playing call of duty. Harte knows more about his team than anyone and how to set them up.

Tiernan mc cann has just been key part of a championship winning side and won an ulster allstar. Hes not perfect as shooting is poor but he is a dangerous player. "expansive  game" wise up would ye, you are watching rte and repeating the same babble

ose 14

whatever time tiernan mccann wins footballer of the year in an all ireland winning senior side then we might draw comparisons. jack mccaffrey is also white. 8)

southtyronegael

redhandefender im neither overweight or play call of duty but i am a tyrone football geek/anorak.  im sure the men from dublin, kerry and mayo are shittin themselves at this ulster all star mc cann comin at them next year.lol

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 29, 2016, 12:04:45 AM
Modern Gaelic football is all about being a running game. Haven't you noticed? Teirnan is very well suited to the modern game.  If we were playing in 1986 I'd probably agreed with you but until the game evolves back to kick n rush then I'm fairly confident lads like Tiernan McCann will always be of great value.
yeah i noticed it against donegal  and mayo. was so effective. not