Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GaelTheGael on June 09, 2016, 01:14:46 PM
Bar injury i cant see any change for the cavan game. If Bradley doesn't make it I would think Ronan McNabb will come back into the team and Peter Harte will move to the half forward line.
I agree that Tyrone should be looking no further ahead than the 17th of July and Donegal or Monaghan. Be the first test of this tyrone team and how they perform on that day will give us a better idea of our position relative to Kerry, Mayo and Dublin.

He might want to bring Conor Meyler back in too. With Ruairi Brennan, and Lee Brennan as well there are quite a number of options.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

Quote from: GaelTheGael on June 09, 2016, 01:14:46 PM
Bar injury i cant see any change for the cavan game. If Bradley doesn't make it I would think Ronan McNabb will come back into the team and Peter Harte will move to the half forward line.
I agree that Tyrone should be looking no further ahead than the 17th of July and Donegal or Monaghan. Be the first test of this tyrone team and how they perform on that day will give us a better idea of our position relative to Kerry, Mayo and Dublin.

Very disrespectful to a decent Cavan team that Tyrone have to get past first. It could be a lot harder than many people think.

Fuzzman

It will be hard to leave McNabb out when he get back to full fitness and then there's Justy too.
With Tiernan McCann playing so well lately and Peter Harte seeming to play better from half back than when named in the forward line it will be tough for McNabb and Brennan to get back in there.
Sludden played well against Derry but I suppose some of the 6 half forwards and half backs are quite interchangeable.

I really he sticks with Ronan being our free-kick taker rather than them rotating it or whoever fancies it.
Peter Harte seems to have given up that role having done so well a good few years ago.
Whilst I feel Mickey has fine-tuned our system of play very well now I still feel free taking is still a big weakness in the team.
Maybe Lee Brennan's championship debut could be in the Cavan game even for his frees.
With everyone fit it will be a tough pick for Mickey. I wonder will he stick with O'Neill in nets.
Cavan will have learned more from the league final than we have I would imagine.

winghalfback

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 09, 2016, 03:08:59 PM
It will be hard to leave McNabb out when he get back to full fitness and then there's Justy too.
With Tiernan McCann playing so well lately and Peter Harte seeming to play better from half back than when named in the forward line it will be tough for McNabb and Brennan to get back in there.
Sludden played well against Derry but I suppose some of the 6 half forwards and half backs are quite interchangeable.

I really he sticks with Ronan being our free-kick taker rather than them rotating it or whoever fancies it.
Peter Harte seems to have given up that role having done so well a good few years ago.
Whilst I feel Mickey has fine-tuned our system of play very well now I still feel free taking is still a big weakness in the team.
Maybe Lee Brennan's championship debut could be in the Cavan game even for his frees.
With everyone fit it will be a tough pick for Mickey.[/b]I wonder will he stick with O'Neill in nets.
Cavan will have learned more from the league final than we have I would imagine.

Why wouldn't he stick with o Neil best keeper in the county

Norf Tyrone

I see some/ all the Tyrone lads played last night for their club? How does that work? I thought this was a starred round?

Onthe40

who played? I was at Omagh-Dromore game and didnt see any playing?
2 very second string teams on show tbh, neither side close to what they will field in chamopinship I would think.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Onthe40 on June 11, 2016, 02:50:43 PM
2 very second string teams on show tbh, neither side close to what they will field in chamopinship I would think.

I heard a few names. However not sure how true.

According to the Teamtalk website Cathal McCarron played. Is there another Cathal McCarron?

http://teamtalkmag.com/2016/06/club-wins-for-omagh-and-carrickmore/

TF15

Redhand Santa

There's a Cathal McCarron that plays for omagh, there's also two Ronan mcnabbs that play for dromore. Perhaps that's the confusion?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 11, 2016, 04:29:26 PM
There's a Cathal McCarron that plays for omagh, there's also two Ronan mcnabbs that play for dromore. Perhaps that's the confusion?

I think you're probably right. Sure it makes a good rumour!

:-)

Aaron Boone

Used to be two Sean O'Neills as well. It's a strange town Dromore.

redzone

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 11, 2016, 06:46:15 PM

Only one Tommy fiddis thou

time ticking away

Quote from: redzone on June 11, 2016, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 11, 2016, 06:46:15 PM

Only one Tommy fiddis thou
Actually there are two of them
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

redcard

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2016, 01:57:03 PM
I see some/ all the Tyrone lads played last night for their club? How does that work? I thought this was a starred round?

Definitely no tyrone players Norf

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: redcard on June 12, 2016, 12:03:13 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 11, 2016, 01:57:03 PM

Definitely no tyrone players Norf

Yeah. Sometime told me a few players and then I seen the Team talk report. Wires crossed job.